That's Racist!! (SJW trigger warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    Nice! I didn't think there were people denying that story, it's pretty well established.
    Not many people into movie trivia would doubt it to be true, even if they didn't know it beforehand. Some of the most memorable scenes in cinema were ad-hoc.

The cat on Marlon Brando's lap in the Godfather was just a stray that wandered onto the set.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
      Not many people into movie trivia would doubt it to be true, even if they didn't know it beforehand. Some of the most memorable scenes in cinema were ad-hoc.

The cat on Marlon Brando's lap in the Godfather was just a stray that wandered onto the set.
      My favorite of all time is when Dr. Strangely resorts to restraining his right arm with his left arm because his right harm is attempting to involuntarily Seig Heil the president. Sellers came up with that on the spot, and you can actually see the Russian ambassador throw his hand over his mouth to stifle laughter.

Comment

The entire "you mean I'm funny how?" scene in Goodfellas was sprung on everybody by Pesci, who had seen something similar go down when he was a waiter in a mob bar. He warned only the camermen, to ensure the scene kept rolling, everybody else just stayed in character. The kept the first and only take.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
          The entire "you mean I'm funny how?" scene in Goodfellas was sprung on everybody by Pesci, who had seen something similar go down when he was a waiter in a mob bar. He warned only the camermen, to ensure the scene kept rolling, everybody else just stayed in character. The kept the first and only take.
          One of my all time favorite movies. I'm a Scorsese fan anyway, and I think the fact that he included so many people in the cast that were actually a part of the real life Henry Hill saga, lent something intangible to that film, that really amplified the essence of what he was trying to capture.

There is a lot of argument about how true to life the actual story is, but, it's a wonderful piece of cinema regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
            One of my all time favorite movies. I'm a Scorsese fan anyway, and I think the fact that he included so many people in the cast that were actually a part of the real life Henry Hill saga, lent something intangible to that film, that really amplified the essence of what he was trying to capture.

There is a lot of argument about how true to life the actual story is, but, it's a wonderful piece of cinema regardless.
            Now go get your fucking shine box.

Comment

Originally posted by RWaggs View Post
              Now go get your fucking shine box.
              Are you still here? I thought I told you to go fuck yourself?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X