Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unleash the dogs of war we have a new one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Oh there are plenty of decent Krav gyms out there that teach proper technique. Like anything there's just a shit load of crap out there. Is that redundant?
    1000 to 1 of crap vs good

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      Dude you don't check Google search numbers? Yeah
      Krav Maga is one of the highest searched marital arts....... because people are fucking retarded.
      What's your source for this?

The actual number of "hits" is the opposite of what you claimed.

According to a quickie Google search I just did ten seconds ago...

253M - Boxing
      236M - Wrestling
      114M - Karate
      100M - Kung Fu
      24M - BJJ
      16M - Sambo
      11M - Krav Maga

According to Google Trends, Krav (blue line below) also trends way under most other MAs, and exhibits no significant increases year-over-year. I wonder what that spike for boxing is due to....major fights/promotions?

Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 4/04/2017 6:38pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post

253M - Boxing
        236M - Wrestling
        114M - Karate
        100M - Kung Fu
        24M - BJJ
        16M - Sambo
        11M - Krav Maga

According to Google Trends, Krav (blue line below) also trends way under most other MAs, and exhibits no significant increases year-over-year. I wonder what that spike for boxing is due to....major fights/promotions?

kung fu and karate aren't martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
          Sorry, I have the flu and the massive amounts of generic influenza inhibitor I'm taking is making me a little dizzy, and making it impossible for me to detect sarcasm...

Comment

Comment

OK, that explains it. Dr. Murphy presumed you were literal, which has to mean you're being sarcastic.

You're both funny.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                they're blanket terms for martial arts such as kyokushin, shotokan, praying mantis, wing chun; and if you want to get really technical, one could obtain an advanced degree and call it kung fu.

Comment

if you want to get really technical, one could obtain an advanced degree and call it kung fu.
                  Wait a tic...ah, nevermind.

Comment

fuck you........asshole

Comment

fuck you........asshole
                      what?? i thought you taught krav...

Comment

they're blanket terms for martial arts such as kyokushin, shotokan, praying mantis, wing chun; and if you want to get really technical, one could obtain an advanced degree and call it kung fu.
                        They aren't martial arts, but they're used as terms for them, got it.

Comment

what?? i thought you taught krav...
                          You're trolling me aren't you. I'm going to have to just kick you in the nuts.

Comment

You're trolling me aren't you. I'm going to have to just kick you in the nuts.
                            *bashfulface

i'm glad you caught on. i was not looking forward to having to fight you this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post

253M - Boxing
                              236M - Wrestling
                              114M - Karate
                              100M - Kung Fu
                              24M - BJJ
                              16M - Sambo
                              11M - Krav Maga

I don't know what you did to get those numbers but here are the numbers in the USA.

Mma and boxing are sports so I don't know if just general search for them equals people interested in training but interest is interest I guess?

Krav is more popular than everything but mma.
                              https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...,Bjj,Mma,Sambo

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ga%20near%20me
                              Last edited by Raycetpfl; 4/05/2017 12:45pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                                I don't know what you did to get those numbers but here are the numbers in the USA.

Mma and boxing are sports so I don't know if just general search for them equals people interested in training but interest is interest I guess?

Krav is more popular than everything but mma.
                                https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...,Bjj,Mma,Sambo

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ga%20near%20me
                                To get the search hit #'s, I just put in each term and wrote down the number of results.

To get the Trends report I did the same thing you did, but your search was more specific and left out those vast umbrellas of "karate" and "kung fu".

I'd still say Krav Maga is in the same ballpark as BJJ and Sambo according to both our results...and then broader terms like "MMA" (which can include a whole bunch of actual arts) is why it's way higher on the scale.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X