Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unleash the dogs of war we have a new one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Ironically no. I tell guys and girls that you better make sure you have a clear shot because most guys are already prepared to get hit in the nuts, and if you're relying on eye pokes to succeed wtf are you going to do if they fail? Last week was how to compose guard to flower sweep so you can get off the ground.
    Imho- You're a combat Sambo Teacher.......
    Unless you really fucked the Technique up to the point it wont work live and yelled a lot during it,then you were teaching krav.

If you taught them to move to Kesa gatame after the sweep and hold them there for 20 seconds you were teaching judo.

If you taught them to throw punches from mount after the sweep AND you drank coconut water and ate acai after class you were teaching GJJ. :-p

Comment

Yeah. I saw a video of a dude getting beaten to (presumably) death with a hammer. It took quite a few blows to the head before he stopped getting up.

I've also seen videos of home invaders, carjackers, and armed robbers being shot by armed civilians. Usually they take a couple bullets to the torso and run away while bleeding.

Then again, I've seen videos of boxers knocking multiple dudes out with one punch each and grapplers dumping people on their heads to knock them out.

I'm not really seeing the stopping power of any of that stuff in this Human SlapChop video, though. He needs to go back to the drawing board. Maybe if he mixed guns with grappling like John Wick, he could look cool and be effective. It's a win-win.
      Last edited by kendamu; 4/03/2017 11:01pm, . Reason: Speeling errirz

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
        Alternately known as...

Kinji-Te, the Forbidden Fist of the Ninja
        You can't fool me, I know the Hurticane when I see it.

Comment

Ironically no. I tell guys and girls that you better make sure you have a clear shot because most guys are already prepared to get hit in the nuts, and if you're relying on eye pokes to succeed wtf are you going to do if they fail? Last week was how to compose guard to flower sweep so you can get off the ground.
          Where exactly is that in the Imi Lichtenfeld curriculum?
          Do your students have to wait until they are G2(Blue Belt) to do live sparring?
          Do you teach that pure agression is more important than technical proficiency for overcoming an attacker(s)?
          Do you teach that you can stand and fight against multiple, possibly armed, assailants and expect win with a high degree of certainty?

If you answered no to all of those questions you are not teaching KM. You are teaching some other combatives system under the marketing banner of KM.
          If you answered no to one or more, but not all, of those questions then you are teaching some form of modified KM, but not the traditional Wingate/Lichtenfeld/IDF KM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
            Where exactly is that in the Imi Lichtenfeld curriculum?
            Do your students have to wait until they are G2(Blue Belt) to do live sparring?
            Do you teach that pure agression is more important than technical proficiency for overcoming an attacker(s)?
            Do you teach that you can stand and fight against multiple, possibly armed, assailants and expect win with a high degree of certainty?

If you answered no to all of those questions you are not teaching KM. You are teaching some other combatives system under the marketing banner of KM.
            If you answered no to one or more, but not all, of those questions then you are teaching some form of modified KM, but not the traditional Wingate/Lichtenfeld/IDF KM.
            For some reason, this sounds le the typical informercial script only backwards. Like after taking krav, you suddenly start stabbing yourself in the eye trying to unlock your car, and spilling milk on yourself while trying to so laundry.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              Imho- You're a combat Sambo Teacher.......
              Unless you really fucked the Technique up to the point it wont work live and yelled a lot during it,then you were teaching krav.

If you taught them to move to Kesa gatame after the sweep and hold them there for 20 seconds you were teaching judo.

If you taught them to throw punches from mount after the sweep AND you drank coconut water and ate acai after class you were teaching GJJ. :-p
              Dude, have I ever told you how I got certified in Krav? IMHO Krav isn't a martial art, kind of like Systema and Aikido lots of nut jobs but there is some good training technique (No, nobody hijacked my account) but I don't consider any of these an actual martial art.

Comment

Dude, have I ever told you how I got certified in Krav? IMHO Krav isn't a martial art, kind of like Systema and Aikido lots of nut jobs but there is some good training technique (No, nobody hijacked my account) but I don't consider any of these an actual martial art.
                Yeah you have. You are to Krav as Gary Goodridge is to kuk sool won. After the fact you branded.

Google hits are high on krav. They beat out Bjj ,Sambo and maybe mma.If it don't make dollars it don't make sense. I would rather someone find someone like you than real Krav but you are only Krav in name on certificate. You're MMA/Pancrace/Sambo/Sanda/Bjj/Self-defense and then a dude you could beat to a pulp give you cert. Am I close?

Comment

Yeah you have. You are to Krav as Gary Goodridge is to kuk sool won. After the fact you branded.

Google hits are high on krav. They beat out Bjj ,Sambo and maybe mma.If it don't make dollars it don't make sense. I would rather someone find someone like you than real Krav but you are only Krav in name on certificate. You're MMA/Pancrace/Sambo/Sanda/Bjj/Self-defense and then a dude you could beat to a pulp give you cert. Am I close?
                  Dude. That's a good idea! Maybe I can start getting black belts via video courses in martial arts that are high-ranking in both search results and fantasy nonsense. Then, in like a decade or so when I start my own BJJ gym, I can lure in suckers who did poor research and con them into learning actual effective martial arts!

"Hey, I thought this was Ninjutsu class!"
                  "It is! That's why we're wearing black gi. Now go do some hip escapes! Today I'll be showing you the Ninja Omoplata from Ninja Guard."

Comment

Ah, no. I mean well, I could probably beat the guy to a pulp but that's besides the point. Google hits are high with Krav? Maybe I should be advertising Krav more.

Comment

Ah, no. I mean well, I could probably beat the guy to a pulp but that's besides the point. Google hits are high with Krav? Maybe I should be advertising Krav more.
                      Dude you don't check Google search numbers? Yeah
                      Krav Maga is one of the highest searched marital arts....... because people are fucking retarded.

Comment

Krav Maga is one of the highest searched marital arts....... because people are fucking retarded.
                        He's shining you on, Rayce...

Comment

I do not. But then again I've never claimed to be good at such things.

Comment

Google hits are high with Krav? Maybe I should be advertising Krav more.
                            Google trends is your friend.

Comment

Maybe I should be advertising Krav more.
                              Also you can have a fire sale on your dignity? :-p

You know if you go full Krav Maga you will be held up as the shining gem in the Krav Empire (and they are Jews.... they know jems)as an example of someone who can actually fight and proof Krav works well against trained fighters?

Comment

Also you can have a fire sale on your dignity? :-p

You know if you go full Krav Maga you will be held up as the shining gem in the Krav Empire (and they are Jews.... they know jems)as an example of someone who can actually fight and proof Krav works well against trained fighters?
                                Oh there are plenty of decent Krav gyms out there that teach proper technique. Like anything there's just a shit load of crap out there. Is that redundant?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X