St. Louis MA recommend a genuinely good place to train Kung Fu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I like over grips or head and arm and then chucking people.
    I am short, with short legs, and I love to knock feet out from under people with ashi waza.

And in fact, it's about all of the Judo I have left.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Appreciate the input (and compliments, BKR). I do not doubt that St. Louis may prove to be the limiting factor in whether or not I can seriously pursue Kung Fu of any sort, but I figured if anyone would know, it would be this community.

From what has been said earlier in the thread, and the investigating I've done, it seems like http://www.shaolinwushucenter.com/instructor/ is the most promising lead thus far. Both instructors seem to be very active in their own pursuits of furthering their skill and mastery, they're active in the community, internationally travel, and have an easily found lineage/background that doesn't seem to be too bullshitty.

That said, I don't know the degree of sparring, grappling, etc that they do or other important details. I may setup a meeting with the instructor to try to see what I can learn about them.

I'm also doing separate homework on Judo in the area. I'm currently leaning towards doing both (or just Judo if I cannot find a Kung Fu school of note).

Comment

What did you end up doing and where? I have some experience with the Kung Fu and Judo scene in St Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkd View Post
          What did you end up doing and where? I have some experience with the Kung Fu and Judo scene in St Louis.
          Are you aware that the last response to this thread was over 2 years ago?

I doubt apitch85 will answer.
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkd View Post
            Please, tell me about St. Louis kung fu!

I know at least one Bully from that neck of the woods.

Comment

I was raised in that neck of woods, and if anyone new is being directed to this old thread out of curiosity, I'm recommending Watson Martial Arts. It's a BJJ/Muay Thai/MMA school, but Kyle also did JKD, so just use that as an excuse to take a striking class.

I'm serious too, they're friendly and legit

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X