X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
    Yeah, that's the reason I never like street policing as much as corrections. On the street I found myself always wanting to let people go. I've seen what prison time does to people and always would like to keep people out of prison if possible. In my mind, what are you doing? You are taking a gun and shooting it at a range. You aren't using it to commit crime, threaten people, or anything like that. You aren't even hunting with it. Just shooting paper. I would think the judge would have looked at those factors and said, probation.

We had someone the other day get 135 years for recycling cars that weren't totaled. He told people they were, and then took the parts and sold them or recycled them. Then we had a lady get 3 years for driving around a school bus, that had its lights on and stop sign out, and killed two kids in the process. Sentencing is bullshit a lot of times.
    Yeah sentencing is certainly uneven and can really be heavy handed.
    The funny part going against everything I just said, but punishment isn't that much of a deterrent.
    The reason why is, is if you ask almost every single dumb ass criminal that has ever gotten caught why they did something, they are going to tell you that they didn't think they would get caught.

Its a complex issue maintaining order in a society where certain people don't really agree to participate properly in society, but they didn't really have a choice about if they even really wanted to be a part of society.
    Of course the whole nature of politics is about how much of a an individual owes to society and vice versa.

But really the bigger problem here is the weird nature of Gun laws.
    You can't do XYZ, but if you are a criminal you will still do XYZ cause well you are a criminal.
    So the only people we are punishing are law abiding citizens.
    No one is made safer by having a SBR law....

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Yeah, that's the reason I never like street policing as much as corrections. On the street I found myself always wanting to let people go. I've seen what prison time does to people and always would like to keep people out of prison if possible. In my mind, what are you doing? You are taking a gun and shooting it at a range. You aren't using it to commit crime, threaten people, or anything like that. You aren't even hunting with it. Just shooting paper. I would think the judge would have looked at those factors and said, probation.

We had someone the other day get 135 years for recycling cars that weren't totaled. He told people they were, and then took the parts and sold them or recycled them. Then we had a lady get 3 years for driving around a school bus, that had its lights on and stop sign out, and killed two kids in the process. Sentencing is bullshit a lot of times.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Actually let me articulate better why I think seizure isn't sufficient.
    Seizure has no teeth, heck if all I had to worry about was seizure as a consequence for breaking the SBR law, I would just go ahead and own illegal SBRs.
    Loosing $800 - $1600 while sucks, isn't actually much of a consequence, its very little bite. Its losing less than a weeks worth of pay.
    Now jail time, jail time means I am not doing it.
    The coolness factor of owning a SBR Glock just isn't worth Jail time.
    Law upheld.
    Now if you want to debate the merits of the SBR law well I can't do that, it is a dumb fucking law.
    However it still is the law. Although in a lot of places you can just buy the fucking tax stamp.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    No doubt about it. Super easy to get around that. But to put this dude in prison and put a felony on his record is BS. I would be fine with confiscation and fining him. Prison time for that, BS.
    I don't know the Guy literally knew it was illegal.
    I feel more for the guy that accidentally steps over some weird line in the sand, or happens to convert his pistol to rifle or rifle to pistol in the wrong order.

Also for good measure I forgot these two important things in our fun little larp build
    https://caagearup.com/product/glock-.../#.Xf0Y9pNKjUI

Imagine the heart ache you could give a Range Officer in CA with your what appears to be a fully automatic SBR with a "high capacity" magazine(you just have to make sure you where one of the smart ones that stocked up on drums when you could)

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    Sure but its really freaking easy to build a "SBR" that isn't a "SBR" for larpy play time, I know as a CA we are well adapted at having to get around arbitrary Firearm rules.

Huh I think I should pick up a couple of Sea days so that I can build an on roster AR-15 Pistol

Something along these lines:

https://franklinarmory.com/franklin-...lifornia-only/
    https://www.rainierarms.com/stern-de...plete-upper-4/
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sb15-...ing-brace.html
    No doubt about it. Super easy to get around that. But to put this dude in prison and put a felony on his record is BS. I would be fine with confiscation and fining him. Prison time for that, BS.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    I'm not defending all the stupid larpy shit this guy does, but getting 18 months, a felony, and then 3 more years for using one of those carbine conversion kits is pure bullshit. The ATF are some assholes. All they are really going to do is give this dude some prison street cred to continue building his weirdo gang.
    Sure but its really freaking easy to build a "SBR" that isn't a "SBR" for larpy play time, I know as a CA we are well adapted at having to get around arbitrary Firearm rules.

Huh I think I should pick up a couple of Sea days so that I can build an on roster AR-15 Pistol

Something along these lines:

https://franklinarmory.com/franklin-...lifornia-only/
    https://www.rainierarms.com/stern-de...plete-upper-4/
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sb15-...ing-brace.html
    Last edited by goodlun; 12/20/2019 12:43pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Originally posted by HarshMallow View Post
    Sorry for the necro, but I had to put a bow on this.

I stopped following this guy's descent into madness because it was putting a black spot on my soul -- which I like to keep white and fluffy.

We all knew it was going to be this, or an armed stand-off.

A cautionary tale for all RBSD and Patriot LARPers.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndny/pr...arm-conviction
    I'm not defending all the stupid larpy shit this guy does, but getting 18 months, a felony, and then 3 more years for using one of those carbine conversion kits is pure bullshit. The ATF are some assholes. All they are really going to do is give this dude some prison street cred to continue building his weirdo gang.

Leave a comment:

• HarshMallow
    replied
    Sorry for the necro, but I had to put a bow on this.

I stopped following this guy's descent into madness because it was putting a black spot on my soul -- which I like to keep white and fluffy.

We all knew it was going to be this, or an armed stand-off.

A cautionary tale for all RBSD and Patriot LARPers.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndny/pr...arm-conviction

The announcement was made by United States Attorney Grant C. Jaquith and John B. Devito, Special Agent in Charge of the New York Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
    Senior United States District Judge Lawrence E. Kahn also imposed a 3-year term of post-imprisonment supervised release.
    In pleading guilty, Messare admitted that on September 8, 2018, he possessed a Glock 9 millimeter handgun that was inserted into a Micro Roni Pistol Carbine Conversion Kit, creating a short-barreled rifle with a barrel length of approximately four (4) inches. Messare also admitted that he knew that the Micro Roni Pistol Carbine Conversion Kit was designed to convert a handgun into a short-barreled rifle, as the Conversion Kit includes a folding shoulder stock that allows a handgun to be fired from the shoulder. Messare never registered this firearm in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record, as required by federal law.
    This case was investigated by the ATF and prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Barnett.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    Originally posted by BJMills View Post
    What is it about fat people and playing fantasy tough guy?

Is it a product of never having competed in anything or pushed themselves that allows them to believe the nonsense? In which case the fat guy part came first.

Or is it an early on unshakable belief in nonsense that shelters them from the hardship of pushing themselves... Or not going on a nightly Burger King run? In which case the fantasy part came first.

Is it the chicken or the egg...

Or just too many helpings of chicken and eggs on a daily basis?
    The majority of people perceive themselves to be better than average drivers. When self assessing, people tend to weigh what they are good at as more valuable than what they lack.

Leave a comment:

• BJMills
    replied
    What is it about fat people and playing fantasy tough guy?

Is it a product of never having competed in anything or pushed themselves that allows them to believe the nonsense? In which case the fat guy part came first.

Or is it an early on unshakable belief in nonsense that shelters them from the hardship of pushing themselves... Or not going on a nightly Burger King run? In which case the fantasy part came first.

Is it the chicken or the egg...

Or just too many helpings of chicken and eggs on a daily basis?

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    DOF
    Derpy Oval Fatties?

Leave a comment:

• cualltaigh
    replied
    I just feel that this vid would benefit from a slight name change to "Training for Realsies".

Leave a comment:

• HarshMallow
    replied
    It seems like these guys are an offshoot of the broader patriot movement. Like a KidzBop version of III%, without the anti-semitism.

Leave a comment:

• HarshMallow
    replied
    One technique note: be sure your uke is making the "boop boop!" sound when he
    pretends to carve out your liver. That's the special sauce that makes it work. #squadgoals
    Did I say uke? I meant tori. *facepalm*

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Hmm, maybe it's just the camera angle?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X