Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezidkid
    replied
    The worst part of this is really the breakfall with the closed fist, bad habit, gonna break something on a rough throw.

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Were those videos better? Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.
    Better in the sense of displaying proper Aikido techniques and principles.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.
    You mean, "Aikido?"

Leave a comment:

• Tramirezmma
    replied
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    The main problem with the throw as is demonstrated in the clip I posted is the setup. It makes no sense going for this hip throw as an answer to a committed judo chop. If one wants to armonize with the incoming energy this, from @ 0:20, is a better option:

What they are doing is going for a hip throw after setting, poorly, an irimi nage (entering throw). This is how an irimi nage is set:

Evade - enter deep towards uke's back- grab gi collar- break posture - profit.

So, even if Aikido doesn't make much sense, what this guys are doing is completely absurd.
    Were those videos better? Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    That is a cool looking throw. Lots of places it can go wrong, but pretty.

Thoughts on application? Can you force it on your opponent, or does it require "harmony"?
    Sidestep kick clothesline and cut the support leg from under the guy. Enter and destroy...

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Thoughts on application? Can you force it on your opponent, or does it require "harmony"?
    The main problem with the throw as is demonstrated in the clip I posted is the setup. It makes no sense going for this hip throw as an answer to a committed judo chop. If one wants to armonize with the incoming energy this, from @ 0:20, is a better option:

What they are doing is going for a hip throw after setting, poorly, an irimi nage (entering throw). This is how an irimi nage is set:

Evade - enter deep towards uke's back- grab gi collar- break posture - profit.

So, even if Aikido doesn't make much sense, what this guys are doing is completely absurd.

Leave a comment:

• Tramirezmma
    replied
    That is a cool looking throw. Lots of places it can go wrong, but pretty.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Now they give Aikido a try...

I'm trying to figure out the point of all that. It's a lot of movement to deal with a stupid front kick.

It's funny, though, they make similar mistakes to the ones they made in the ISN video.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
    Seems that the girl is OK with either. What's the point of getting her back?
    Position before submission, so must take back if possible...

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied

I hate you. I hate you so very much.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MisterMR
    replied
    Originally posted by NeilG View Post
    Watch it to the end to see how to get your girl back from the big bully.
    Seems that the girl is OK with either. What's the point of getting her back?

Leave a comment:

• Aka-Tora
    replied
    Then again I live to regret doubling the first guy I mentioned, as he finds a way to return the favour by tapping me with some really nasty chokes- especially in the gi.

Leave a comment:

• Aka-Tora
    replied
    Ippon Seoi Nage is probably one of my worst throws. The double, on the other hand, is a speciality of mine. If I try to exchange Seoi Nage's with the guys at my club with Judo backgrounds I'm going for a ride so it kind of has to be.

People are often surprised by my shot not just because I time it properly, but because it is exceptionally fast and explosive for a Jiu-Jitsu player- to the extent that I can regularly double a Judo brown/Bjj Blue belt with 10lbs on me and a Bjj purple with 35-40+lbs on me at the club where I currently train. So, I think it can be a great takedown against larger guys. However developing speed and explosiveness is vital to get the most out of it, as with many other takedowns.

Done properly, like Rayce said, the risk of being badly kneed is minimal against most people. Additionally a decent MMA gym will teach you to keep your guard up whilst shooting as a pre-cautionary measure, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Last edited by Aka-Tora; 12/21/2016 7:58pm, .

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X