Ippon Seoi Nage demo by BJJ blue belts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
    Watch it to the end to see how to get your girl back from the big bully.
    Seems that the girl is OK with either. What's the point of getting her back?

Comment

Now they give Aikido a try...

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post

"Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
        DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
        Originally posted by Devil
        Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
        Originally posted by Plasma
        At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
        Originally posted by SoulMechanic
        Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

I hate you. I hate you so very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
            Seems that the girl is OK with either. What's the point of getting her back?
            Position before submission, so must take back if possible...
            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

I'm trying to figure out the point of all that. It's a lot of movement to deal with a stupid front kick.

It's funny, though, they make similar mistakes to the ones they made in the ISN video.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

That is a cool looking throw. Lots of places it can go wrong, but pretty.

Thoughts on application? Can you force it on your opponent, or does it require "harmony"?

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
                  Thoughts on application? Can you force it on your opponent, or does it require "harmony"?
                  The main problem with the throw as is demonstrated in the clip I posted is the setup. It makes no sense going for this hip throw as an answer to a committed judo chop. If one wants to armonize with the incoming energy this, from @ 0:20, is a better option:

What they are doing is going for a hip throw after setting, poorly, an irimi nage (entering throw). This is how an irimi nage is set:

Evade - enter deep towards uke's back- grab gi collar- break posture - profit.

So, even if Aikido doesn't make much sense, what this guys are doing is completely absurd.

Comment

That is a cool looking throw. Lots of places it can go wrong, but pretty.

Sidestep kick clothesline and cut the support leg from under the guy. Enter and destroy...

Comment

The main problem with the throw as is demonstrated in the clip I posted is the setup. It makes no sense going for this hip throw as an answer to a committed judo chop. If one wants to armonize with the incoming energy this, from @ 0:20, is a better option:

What they are doing is going for a hip throw after setting, poorly, an irimi nage (entering throw). This is how an irimi nage is set:

Evade - enter deep towards uke's back- grab gi collar- break posture - profit.

So, even if Aikido doesn't make much sense, what this guys are doing is completely absurd.
                      Were those videos better? Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.

Comment

Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.
                        You mean, "Aikido?"
                        "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                        DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                        Originally posted by Devil
                        Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                        Originally posted by Plasma
                        At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                        Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                        Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Were those videos better? Still a lot of obvious cooperation there. Bad wrestling psychology.
                          Better in the sense of displaying proper Aikido techniques and principles.

Comment

The worst part of this is really the breakfall with the closed fist, bad habit, gonna break something on a rough throw.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X