anyone used food for self defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    I got myself one of those Searz All tips for my blow torch and its awesome! The best part is you can get a really cheap cut of meat throw it in the night before and by the time you want to eat it, it will be ready, it doesn't matter if you want it for breakfast or dinner. Its not going to be dried out and gross or over or under cooked.
    http://www.bookeranddax.com/searzall/
    Interesting little critter. I usually just warm up a pan and flip flop the meat cor a couple seconds a side. Cast iron works best, but I go with stainless if I'm going to make some sort of sauce in the pan.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
    DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Originally posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Originally posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    Originally posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
      Interesting little critter. I usually just warm up a pan and flip flop the meat cor a couple seconds a side. Cast iron works best, but I go with stainless if I'm going to make some sort of sauce in the pan.
      The advantage is I don't have to dirty up a pan. To sear something off, don't get me wrong there are times where using a pan makes more sense but its a cheap enough tool to have, not to mention its kind of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by afterdarker View Post
        Given your diet, should I be looking for your contributions on the Sumo thread?

I'm 6'1" @ 170#.
        Lots of us, myself included, used to do some Sumo as kids though.
        There used to be a public Sumo ring next to a local skate park, which in turn was next to the "soup kitchen".
        So in between practicing your various tricks you could take off your shirt and shove your friends around much to the entertainment of the local derelicts.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
          The advantage is I don't have to dirty up a pan. To sear something off, don't get me wrong there are times where using a pan makes more sense but its a cheap enough tool to have, not to mention its kind of fun.
          "Welding up some meat, dinner is in 90 seconds."

DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
          Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
          At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
            Also, if you don't have a rice cooker, get one - best $20 I've ever spent.
            I got one for about that much. Extreme disappoint. I've never gotten an adequate batch out of it, and I know the "cup" in the directions refers to the little scoop thing that comes in the box. I was told by somebody else that if you get a rice cooker, you get a fucking rice cooker.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
              I got one for about that much. Extreme disappoint. I've never gotten an adequate batch out of it, and I know the "cup" in the directions refers to the little scoop thing that comes in the box. I was told by somebody else that if you get a rice cooker, you get a fucking rice cooker.

Rice is a staple here.
              Cheapo rice cookers work fine.
              You just need the correct ratio and you absolutely cannot fuck with it.
              Even after the cooking phase is done you need to just let it sit for a bit.
              Then turn and fluff the rice afterwards with a proper paddle.

I use a pot.
              I use 2:1 water to rice and cook it for on low for 40 mins exactly, after bringing it up to a low boil/simmer.
              Same rules, don't open it or stir it or any nonsense like that.
              Have faith.

Those bigger ones are good if you want to have warm rice around all day long or you have a big party.
              Otherwise they are overkill.

Comment

Try this in your cooker:

That's a good baseline among rice eating families, lol...

Comment

I survived a whole summer away from home, living out of a (Korean) friend's garage apartment, while working a job with little pay, and nothing but their rice cooker to feed me.

Any time of day, morning or after work, I would open that thing and there would just be mounds of steamy, sticky, ricey goodness. Butter, garlic, and rice was my staple diet for three months. It wasn't the most nutritious, but I was never hungry.
                  Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 11/16/2016 5:33pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                    Try this in your cooker:

That's a good baseline among rice eating families, lol...
                    It seems like the water should be warmer than that.

I have no trouble making rice in a pot, and it rarely adds time to making a meal. I've pretty much given up on my cooker, I fiddled with water, I always let it run itself, it just makes crappy rice. I may have gotten a dog.

Comment

Yeah rice cookers are teh shit. Mine was only 19 bucks on special. Fucking bargain especially here in australia. Here in melbourne theres a massive influx of fancy places and burger shops popping up evertwhere. Burgers are averaging 15 bucks without chips! Get a pint and some chips/fries and its about 30 bucks............i wont lie they are generally decent but the wait time and price dont justify it. Since shit got fancy i will always decline offers to go out to breakfast. Seems everywhere likes vegan friendly shit or some concoction of mueseli and other crap i can make at home.

The current 'gourmet' breakfast is thick cut toast with 'smashed' avocado. Some places will even give you half an avocado with a spoon and a slice of bread. I see that shit and i think to myself 'you had to pay somone to make that shit for you?' All you need is a knife and a toaster, no special skills required.

Comment

I'm 6'1" @ 170#.
                        Lots of us, myself included, used to do some Sumo as kids though.
                        There used to be a public Sumo ring next to a local skate park, which in turn was next to the "soup kitchen".
                        So in between practicing your various tricks you could take off your shirt and shove your friends around much to the entertainment of the local derelicts.
                        Hey you are in good shape for someone that appears to exist on pure carbohydrates only.
                        No green to be seen.
                        Could be a book in that diet approach?

Comment

Originally posted by afterdarker View Post
                          Hey you are in good shape for someone that appears to exist on pure carbohydrates only.
                          No green to be seen.
                          Could be a book in that diet approach?

I eat very well as a rule and have a very fast metabolism.

I'm eating nonfat Greek yogurt and fruit right now.
                          And coffee.
                          I'll do a run and a swim later.
                          I also don't buy into demonizing certain foods.
                          So I might very well eat a pound of pasta tonight if I feel like it.

Comment

I eat very well as a rule and have a very fast metabolism.

I'm eating nonfat Greek yogurt and fruit right now.
                            And coffee.
                            I'll do a run and a swim later.
                            I also don't buy into demonizing certain foods.
                            So I might very well eat a pound of pasta tonight if I feel like it.
                            I want to live in Hawaii. Do you have a basement? Can I live there?

Comment

Sorry, no basement.
                              I have a ceiling crawlspace but the idea of you lurking up there isn't exactly relaxing.
                              And you understand how important idle time is to my people.

I'd buy you a mixed plate from Rainbow's though.
                              They make those god awfully sweet, ruby-red slush drinks there too.
                              You can also get it with a scoop that of universal, super cheap, vanilla ice cream in there.
                              Because there just weren't enough calories in your meal and the slushie you know.

Comment

Do you still run Devil?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X