anyone used food for self defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again I love my Sous Vide machine. It pretty much is cheating when it comes to making food.
    Not sure if this qualifies as sous vide, but I like to boil bratwurst until it's cooked, then finish it in a hot oven (like 450-500) for a few minutes to get the outside crispy.

On similar food-technology things, we recently got a Foreman grill. It's awesome for boneless chicken breast. Also, if you don't have a rice cooker, get one - best $20 I've ever spent.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      if you don't have a rice cooker, get one - best $20 I've ever spent.
      I grew up in a filipino community, there is no way I wouldn't have a rice cooker.
      Speaking of kitchen gadgets that make life easy anyone ever use one of those "Air Fryer" things like the Philips Airfryer?
      http://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-ho/cooking/airfryer-top
      If they work I would love to do my Lumpia that way.

Comment

Comment

Good food and good climate are at Spain's opposite sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
            This thread is making me think. Like I said, I'm in the south and fried food and barbecue is stereotypically southern. But I don't even know many places to go and get food like that anymore.
            That's damn depressing.
            And people are upset about the election.
            Priorities assholes.

See, here in Hawai'i, you can be associated with a damn child molester http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...ld-sex-assault

but if you can bring the goods like this for ~ $4?
            (Breakfast special + garlic chicken = Fried rice with sausage/spam, two eggs to order, 3 boneless, crispy, sweet, garlicky chicken thighs plus one order of a dozen or so meats.)

Well I think your business will do just fine!
            They have a line out into the street.
            Know what you want and gtfo.

Comment

So how does a Norwegian streetfight start?
              Do you insult each others sweaters?

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                Nah, they call each other Swedes.
                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Teila Ramirez of the old PitFighting continuity used to enter fights eating a sandwich or drinking a soda, which he would often throw at his opponent if he couldn't finish before the fight started.
                  Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

The best part about those gravy on top motherfuckers is there's no way in hell to finish it before all the gravy cools and sets up.
                    A lot of them still clean the plate.
                    I don't know what's up with the giant slice of curiously pungent onion they use in their burgers though.
                    1 onion for 4 burgers or something?
                    Wtf?

Rainbow's is at the eastern end of Waikiki so it's pretty damn crowded too.
                    I wonder how many calories go through their hands in a day...
                    Given your diet, should I be looking for your contributions on the Sumo thread?

Comment

Great country, Finland. I was there last year and trained in some aikido dojos. After training, they all drink Estonian beer! Maybe because it is cheap.

Now there are a number of good reasons to go to Estonia (3 hours by ferry from Helsinki for those that don't know), Estonia is full of gorgeous women, but the local beer is at the other end of the spectrum. Well the beers I tasted anyway and was sampling quite a few...

You can get to Spain cheaply from Finland. Get hammered for the weekend and then huge hangover Monday, Finns well understand that.

Comment

I dont know cause I havent been there

Probably they would get triggered if I would say something about fishes and winter sports + doping scandals

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          I have said it before and I will say it again I love my Sous Vide machine. It pretty much is cheating when it comes to making food.
                          Sous Vide is da shit. I got a wand cheap on closeout, when they replaced the model with a newer (and arguably worse) update. If you haven't tried, it's fantastic for taking protein from the freezer. Cook your chicken breast in the bath, you get a baggie full of juice to make a sauce or gravy, throw a sear on the breast, and it's almost indistinguishable from fresh, with zero defrost time.
                          "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                          DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                          Originally posted by Plasma
                          At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                          Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                          Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                            Sous Vide is da shit. I got a wand cheap on closeout, when they replaced the model with a newer (and arguably worse) update. If you haven't tried, it's fantastic for taking protein from the freezer. Cook your chicken breast in the bath, you get a baggie full of juice to make a sauce or gravy, throw a sear on the breast, and it's almost indistinguishable from fresh, with zero defrost time.
                            I got myself one of those Searz All tips for my blow torch and its awesome! The best part is you can get a really cheap cut of meat throw it in the night before and by the time you want to eat it, it will be ready, it doesn't matter if you want it for breakfast or dinner. Its not going to be dried out and gross or over or under cooked.
                            http://www.bookeranddax.com/searzall/

Comment

Oh and 0 fucking mess to deal with as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                                This thread is making me think. Like I said, I'm in the south and fried food and barbecue is stereotypically southern. But I don't even know many places to go and get food like that anymore.

Barbecue is easy but really good barbecue is usually found in pricier restaurants. There aren't many places where you can just grab good barbecue on a paper plate and pay $10 for it. Same thing with fried food. Everything has to be all fancy now.
                                Here in south east London we have a big problem with gentrification, so a lot of areas are gradually filling up with more and more expensive restaurants. One of the more positive examples of this is East Dulwich which used to be a bit of a shithole but is now fancy as fuck. I remember walking through there once and joking about how at some point there'd probably be an artisan fried chicken shop; went there again a few months later and lo and behold there was.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X