Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to defend against presidental elections in the USA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    No, it is just there is a lot more idealism to the whole let's just gut the federal government than there is practicality.
    The Federal Government shutdown was pretty evident of that.
    I went through a couple of those as a government employee. You know what happened? I still went to work, and I still got paid. Granted, I was military, but the whole "government shutdown," thing is more of a stage show than a reality.

    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    I am less inclined on this one. I think we can deal with paying for the whopping 24 employees that make up that office.
    Its not exactly useless the 1st lady does have duties. We cannot act like the 1st lady is completely irrelevant to society.
    Why, exactly, does the First Lady have duties? She's not an elected official. I guess you could argue that she's appointed by the President, but I didn't get the feeling of a cabinet position, there.


    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    $32 million budget, services that help people start buisnesses I see no problem with this.
    I see a problem in that it is literally institutionalized racism. I want my $0.10/year back.


    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    So no value for the CDC, FDA, National Institutes of Health. Surely you jest.
    I said most. The three you mention would be the last three to go, though I would look to pare them down, a bit.


    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    This is how you end up with schools teaching Intelligent Design.
    The alternative extreme is something something Godwin something Hitler something. (for the record, I'm an atheist, a Pastafarian, an Authorized Pope, and a 4th-level practitioner in the Church of the Subgenius - my children are, as yet, less enlightened (fucking inlaws)).


    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    your opinion wont be changed and neither will mine...
    Probably true, that. I'm open to the possibility, though. I just don't feel that I've ever had a real say in any of what happens at that level of government, and it pisses me off.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      I just don't feel that I've ever had a real say in any of what happens at that level of government, and it pisses me off.
      This frustration I fully feel you on.
      This is why you need to keep on pushing that whole
      http://www.thirty-thousand.org/

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        This frustration I fully feel you on.
        This is why you need to keep on pushing that whole
        http://www.thirty-thousand.org/
        I try. I actually question myself on the veracity of that situation; I need to take another trip to the National Archives, but the hi-res online shows it pretty well.

        (edit)
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post



          Sorry but no. The Constitution doesn't actually give the choice of President to the people, it is given to the Electoral College. The people's vote is, legally speaking, strictly advisory. NJ could vote Trump and its electors could cast their ballots for Clinton instead and it would be entirely legal. That's the bullshit of Trump calling it a rigged system and how the people's choice doesn't matter... Well frankly it doesn't, and if the system is rigged it's designed that way with original intent.

          Are you suggesting my vote is meaningless!?
          Blasphemy!

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
            Are you suggesting my vote is meaningless!?
            Blasphemy!
            Depends on the state. Each states electors are governed by that states constitution. Georgia doesn't have to listen to the popular vote. One member of the elector college there said she wasn't voting for Trump no matter what. I am not sure what ever came of that.

            Comment


              #66
              When did you motherfuckers get so literal?
              Hawai'i is a consistent blue and we have the whole time zone thing...

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                Depends on the state. Each states electors are governed by that states constitution. Georgia doesn't have to listen to the popular vote. One member of the elector college there said she wasn't voting for Trump no matter what. I am not sure what ever came of that.
                The sad thing is, it is exactly this sort of thing that the Trumpster will latch onto to say that the system is rigged. What scares me about him, I mean really gives me five kinds of indigestion is his complete illiteracy of a document that, if elected, he will swear to uphold and defend.

                Now if you want to talk a rigged system, how about EBI 9 on the same day as IBJJF No-Gi Worlds... Still a failed argument but it would make more sense.
                Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  And so, President Obama was qualified how, other than he was not rich? Anyway, we'll find how which lesser of two evils get's to fuck up the next 4 years by tomorrow night.
                  Obama is world traveled and well cultured in foreign protocols which is important for international diplomacy. He has two Ivy League degrees including a degree in law, and expertise teaching US Constitutional law. Along with that, he practically devoted his life before Congress doing a whole bunch of work to improve public transportation and inner city problems by organizing larger and larger groups of people...so he has more hands-on experience with public policy and infrastructure than Trump, Romney, or McCain. That's all before we get to his career as a state politician. He'd led more and more people up to the point he ran for president, which became the groundswell that put him in office.

                  I think Trump is trying to ride a similar groundswell into office but a key difference is other than being the big boss with a budget, he doesn't have much of a resume. So he impresses a lot of people except for all the people who aren't impressed, which looks like it is at least more than half of America. He's like Mitt Romney, a winner with a gleaming smile and lots of funds, but without any experience running a state, something Romney actually had, and still lost. As excited as people are about Trump, I think they're outnumbered by the number of people who want somebody with more experience at inter-state affairs, which is what Clinton has that Trump doesn't. I think that's why people have tried so hard to besmirch her time at the state department, because anything bad about her as secretary of state attacks her greatest strength, dealing with other countries. The truth is the US survived Clinton as secretary of state the same as we survived Obama, and the country's still here, contrary to some of the doom and gloom we've heard. Things in the US have been stable for 8 years starting with the stock market, and job growth has been almost entirely positive under Obama, in fact I saw figures the other day that show Obama will have created somthing like 6 or 7 times the jobs that George Bush created in the eight years before him.
                  Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 11/08/2016 12:28am, .

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Almost everything Clinton has done has been civil service... in service to the people.
                    Almost everything (or maybe just everything) Trump has done is in service to himself. And I guess his shareholders, but only because he has to in order to keep money rolling in for himself, too.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                      Almost everything Clinton has done has been civil service... in service to the people.
                      Almost everything (or maybe just everything) Trump has done is in service to himself. And I guess his shareholders, but only because he has to in order to keep money rolling in for himself, too.
                      My mums a public servant. Has been for 30 years. Shes just an office worker. Know why she does it? To put bread on the table. Nothing in poltics is ever done to not gain some sort of benefit.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                        My mums a public servant. Has been for 30 years. Shes just an office worker. Know why she does it? To put bread on the table. Nothing in poltics is ever done to not gain some sort of benefit.
                        Clinton's not just an office worker, though, and she has extensive legal and political experience.
                        President is not an entry level positiooooon.
                        Am I her biggest fan? No. But I think she is eminently more qualified than Trump, and less likely to end up being the first world leader to goad Switzerland into going to war with their country, heh.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
                          Obama is world traveled and well cultured in foreign protocols which is important for international diplomacy. He has two Ivy League degrees including a degree in law, and expertise teaching US Constitutional law. Along with that, he practically devoted his life before Congress doing a whole bunch of work to improve public transportation and inner city problems by organizing larger and larger groups of people...so he has more hands-on experience with public policy and infrastructure than Trump, Romney, or McCain. That's all before we get to his career as a state politician. He'd led more and more people up to the point he ran for president, which became the groundswell that put him in office.

                          I think Trump is trying to ride a similar groundswell into office but a key difference is other than being the big boss with a budget, he doesn't have much of a resume. So he impresses a lot of people except for all the people who aren't impressed, which looks like it is at least more than half of America. He's like Mitt Romney, a winner with a gleaming smile and lots of funds, but without any experience running a state, something Romney actually had, and still lost. As excited as people are about Trump, I think they're outnumbered by the number of people who want somebody with more experience at inter-state affairs, which is what Clinton has that Trump doesn't. I think that's why people have tried so hard to besmirch her time at the state department, because anything bad about her as secretary of state attacks her greatest strength, dealing with other countries. The truth is the US survived Clinton as secretary of state the same as we survived Obama, and the country's still here, contrary to some of the doom and gloom we've heard
                          Trump is world traveled, as he has numerous business holdings in other countries. He is also experienced and cultured in foreign protocols as you pretty much have to be to do business on foreign soil, which requires working through various local laws, as well as international laws.

                          Attended New York Military Academy, graduated with rank of Captain(more military experience than Obama or Clinton)

                          U-Penn, Ivy league degree.
                          Honestly he is as qualified as Clinton to hold the office. It's more a matter of mental stability and some odd policies that make him questionable.

                          No matter who is elected the Republic will endure. I just think no matter who wins we are not looking at a fun four years.

                          Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
                          Things in the US have been stable for 8 years starting with the stock market, and job growth has been almost entirely positive under Obama, in fact I saw figures the other day that show Obama will have created somthing like 6 or 7 times the jobs that George Bush created in the eight years before him.
                          That isn't quite how economics work. A Harvard Business prof wrote a book on this about a decade back, IIRC it was called "Velocity of Economy". Essentially changes made to economic policy today will not have a noticeable effect for 6-12yrs down the line. A very good example of this is the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act in 1999. The sub-prime crisis, which was precipitated by that repeal did not occur until 2007. While Obama was kind enough to blame the great recession on former President Bush, it was more Clinton's brain child of that repeal.
                          Whether Obma's economic policy is a good thing or not, we honestly won't know until well into the term of the next President whoever that might be, while they continue the great tradition of claiming all positive outcomes as their own doing and blaming all negatives on their predecessor.

                          Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                          Clinton's not just an office worker, though, and she has extensive legal and political experience.
                          President is not an entry level positiooooon.
                          Am I her biggest fan? No. But I think she is eminently more qualified than Trump, and less likely to end up being the first world leader to goad Switzerland into going to war with their country, heh.
                          Correct, including being fired for corruption. Having all of her opponents suspiciously suicide(I like the one where the guy shot himself in the head... twice... with a .357 revolver). Also she had the FBI rule that she didn't have actual criminal intent in dealing with classified material, she was just dishonest and incompetent.

                          Both sides are relying on party loyalty to get their trash elected, and frankly I'm not willing to dance to their tune.
                          Attached Files
                          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                          "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                          Comment


                            #73

                            Comment


                              #74
                              You talking about those fake news sites reporting a bunch of people investigating/whistleblowing against her suddenly turning up dead? Heh.

                              http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/05...nver-guardian/

                              Snopes is down, looks like. Fascinating.

                              Punk'd by Macedonian teens. Heh.

                              http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/progra...edonia/8003094
                              Last edited by Evergrey; 11/08/2016 3:44am, .

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                                You talking about those fake news sites reporting a bunch of people investigating/whistleblowing against her suddenly turning up dead? Heh.

                                http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/05...nver-guardian/

                                Snopes is down, looks like. Fascinating.

                                Punk'd by Macedonian teens. Heh.

                                http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/progra...edonia/8003094
                                Are you denying the fact that she is thoroughly corrupt?
                                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X