How to defend against presidental elections in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Trump has zero experience none, shitty professional references and a stream of lawsuits follow him around for DECADES. He is completely out of touch with the average person. He will not be able to the job, and his running mate is a right wing christian nutjob. Trump literally wrote and believed very recently that Global Warming is a Chinese Scam.
    This is why he should became POTUS.

Seriously, I think he is the the kind of president USA needs.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
      This is why he should became POTUS.

Seriously, I think he is the the kind of president USA needs.

The position is predicated on the whole peoples' choice thing after all.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
        But I promise you it isn't bias. It is one of those pesky fact things not so much opinion. Trump has zero experience none, shitty professional references and a stream of lawsuits follow him around for DECADES. He is completely out of touch with the average person. He will not be able to the job, and his running mate is a right wing christian nutjob. Trump literally wrote and believed very recently that Global Warming is a Chinese Scam.
        He has been an executive and a CEO, so he technically has all the experience necessary for the job. Political experience isn't necessarily a qualifier. But to be fair, it is the Executive branch and his position is the chief executve...

Now whether or not his professional experience speak highly for his abilities, that is a different story.

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
        The position is predicated on the whole peoples' choice thing after all.
        Sorry but no. The Constitution doesn't actually give the choice of President to the people, it is given to the Electoral College. The people's vote is, legally speaking, strictly advisory. NJ could vote Trump and its electors could cast their ballots for Clinton instead and it would be entirely legal. That's the bullshit of Trump calling it a rigged system and how the people's choice doesn't matter... Well frankly it doesn't, and if the system is rigged it's designed that way with original intent.
        Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
          Sorry but no. The Constitution doesn't actually give the choice of President to the people, it is given to the Electoral College. The people's vote is, legally speaking, strictly advisory. NJ could vote Trump and its electors could cast their ballots for Clinton instead and it would be entirely legal. That's the bullshit of Trump calling it a rigged system and how the people's choice doesn't matter... Well frankly it doesn't, and if the system is rigged it's designed that way with original intent.
          True, but not the full truth
          Twenty-four states have laws to punish faithless electors. In 1952, the constitutionality of state pledge laws was brought before the Supreme Court in Ray v. Blair, 343 U.S. 214 (1952). The Court ruled in favor of state laws requiring electors to pledge to vote for the winning candidate

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
            He has been an executive and a CEO, so he technically has all the experience necessary for the job.
            But why do you think being an executive or CEO of a business gives you the experience required to command the military and execute laws?? Executives and CEOs just make decisions... typically care about things like shareholders and profit margins. They don't care about the common good or national defense unless they are profiting off of it. A president has to have a lot of skills like foreign diplomacy, supporting the armed forces, and protecting the poor that aren't on the average CEO's resume. I think that's why Mitt Romney didn't get elected, nobody cared about his business successes at all. He was great at business, but a shitty governor from what I learned, and the junior senator from Illinois with the one term as President under his belt is who the states elected. It doesn't seem like business success is what voters care about. They want somebody they think cares about their personal situation. I already know Trump doesn't give a dick about my personal situation, and maybe Clinton doesn't either, but if my odds are better with the Democrat, I'm voting blue tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
              It doesn't seem like business success is what voters care about.
              It is indeed something people care about, but they shouldn't you don't run government like you do a business.
              I have worked in both the private and public sectors, the goals simply are not the same.
              However, there are a lot of people whole lets say almost 1/2 the country that believe that you should.
              They want things to balance out. It's a nice concept, they want things to be smaller leaner more efficient, also a nice concept.
              Its just these concepts don't quite translate to the public sector all that well, for a shit ton more reasons than I am willing to get into here.
              Basically, though it really comes down to this.
              Everyone wants the government services that benefit them but don't want to pay for them, and certainly, don't want to pay for the ones that they think don't benefit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
                But why do you think being an executive or CEO of a business gives you the experience required to command the military and execute laws?? Executives and CEOs just make decisions... typically care about things like shareholders and profit margins. They don't care about the common good or national defense unless they are profiting off of it. A president has to have a lot of skills like foreign diplomacy, supporting the armed forces, and protecting the poor that aren't on the average CEO's resume. I think that's why Mitt Romney didn't get elected, nobody cared about his business successes at all. He was great at business, but a shitty governor from what I learned, and the junior senator from Illinois with the one term as President under his belt is who the states elected. It doesn't seem like business success is what voters care about. They want somebody they think cares about their personal situation. I already know Trump doesn't give a dick about my personal situation, and maybe Clinton doesn't either, but if my odds are better with the Democrat, I'm voting blue tomorrow.
                And so, President Obama was qualified how, other than he was not rich? Anyway, we'll find how which lesser of two evils get's to fuck up the next 4 years by tomorrow night.
                Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  And so, President Obama was qualified how, other than he was not rich? Anyway, we'll find how which lesser of two evils get's to fuck up the next 4 years by tomorrow night.
                  He at least had experience at some level of government. He also had the benefit of not being a thin-skinned, bigotted, lying asshole who cheats and fails at the business he claims he is so good at.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                    Basically, though it really comes down to this.
                    Everyone wants the government services that benefit them but don't want to pay for them, and certainly, don't want to pay for the ones that they think don't benefit them.
                    I'm probably odd-man-out, but I don't want any government money or services beyond basic justice and peacekeeping. I think Congress' job is to do not a fucking thing, so I'm happy at the stories that say they don't, but I'm still pissed that there are so few of them making so much money. I met Matthew Lesko, once, at a DMA trade show; he made me sick to my stomach. That could have been the stupid suit... wait, no, I really think he's a deplorable human that teaches people how to get paid off my tax dollars.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

True, but not the full truth
                      Twenty-four states have laws to punish faithless electors. In 1952, the constitutionality of state pledge laws was brought before the Supreme Court in Ray v. Blair, 343 U.S. 214 (1952). The Court ruled in favor of state laws requiring electors to pledge to vote for the winning candidate
                      They can still change their vote, they just have to face the music.
                      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                        I'm probably odd-man-out, but I don't want any government money or services beyond basic justice and peacekeeping. I think Congress' job is to do not a fucking thing, so I'm happy at the stories that say they don't, but I'm still pissed that there are so few of them making so much money. I met Matthew Lesko, once, at a DMA trade show; he made me sick to my stomach. That could have been the stupid suit... wait, no, I really think he's a deplorable human that teaches people how to get paid off my tax dollars.
                        You say that, but is your Child in a private school? Do you drive on only toll roads? I mean I seriously can go on and on, the problem is most people don't actually stop and think about how of the services that are used by everyone all the time. Start going to local goverment town halls to get a scope of all the things that need to be done by the goverment, its crazy.

Comment

You say that, but is your Child in a private school?
                          Three kids, and no, they are in public school. I have to pay the taxes, and have been since before I had kids, and I'm not (yet) rich. I am on the PTA, though, in an influential way. It's not perfect. We also have a relatively robust magnet program - I get some semblance of choice in which shitty schools my kids go to.

Do you drive on only toll roads?
                          The toll roads are owned by The State, anyways, but no - not usually.

Start going to local goverment town halls to get a scope of all the things that need to be done by the goverment, its crazy.
                          I've been to a few. As my schedule allows, I would like to go to more.

It's the federal shit that I really object to, as I know I have a voice in local affairs. All politics is local --Tip O'Neill. Except it's not, national politics is CNN and Drudge (and Ellen, and Rush, and all the other shitslingers).

Comment

It's the federal shit that I really object to, as I know I have a voice in local affairs.
                            It is understood able the frustration but the truth is the feds still do a lot of things that you want to be done.
                            Do they fuck up sometimes(often) sure but the complete lack of regulation is certainly worse.
                            More like what federal department would you actually like to see go and do you know all that they do for you or others?

Comment

More like what federal department would you actually like to see go and do you know all that they do for you or others?
                              Is that a "what is a lepo," question?

ONDCP
                              Office of the First Lady
                              Minority Business Development Agency
                              most of Health and Human Services
                              the ENTIRE Department of Education

I'm sure I could sit here all night making a list of unnecessary shit

Comment

Is that a "what is a lepo," question?
                                No, it is just there is a lot more idealism to the whole let's just gut the federal government than there is practicality.
                                The Federal Government shutdown was pretty evident of that.

ONDCP
                                Yeah, fuck those guys.

Office of the First Lady
                                I am less inclined on this one. I think we can deal with paying for the whopping 24 employees that make up that office.
                                Its not exactly useless the 1st lady does have duties. We cannot act like the 1st lady is completely irrelevant to society.

Minority Business Development Agency
                                $32 million budget, services that help people start buisnesses I see no problem with this.

most of Health and Human Services
                                So no value for the CDC, FDA, National Institutes of Health. Surely you jest.
                                Do you really want your medications market regulated?

the ENTIRE Department of Education
                                This is how you end up with schools teaching Intelligent Design.

I'm sure I could sit here all night making a list of unnecessary shit
                                I am sure you could, and I am sure I could point out the things they do, your opinion wont be changed and neither will mine...

My only point is these departments are not just sitting around stealing tax dollars they do DO stuff, a lot of the stuff is stuff that people WANT done.
                                They just don't want it to inconvenience them or cost them anything.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X