Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
    Even worse in Canada.
    Well you gotta get ready for the influx of people moving North no matter who wins. So I would apologize for your new neighbors, but I decided to jump ship when W. was in office...
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Even worse in Canada.
      Listening to CBC on my way back from Judo, the particular show was really, really into it. Trump-bashing and Hillary-luvin were in full swing.

I will say that Hillary is more qualified to be Prime Minister of Canada than Trudeau.
      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
        Well you gotta get ready for the influx of people moving North no matter who wins. So I would apologize for your new neighbors, but I decided to jump ship when W. was in office...
        All their available immigration slots are taken up by Syrians, doncha know !

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Politics, at least in this vein, is not very street.

Comment

Even worse in Canada.

Canadians seem more interested and animated than most of our current members of congress.

Comment

Well you gotta get ready for the influx of people moving North no matter who wins.
              Are there actually Trump fans who have said they will do that? They do realize we will take away their guns and give them single-payer guvmint medical plans, whether they like it or not?

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                Canadians seem more interested and animated than most of our current members of congress.
                More than any other country than maybe Mexico, we have a vested interest interest in what happens in the US. Plus, many of us have friends or relatives in the US and are concerned for their welfare. Or in the case of Trump fans, their sanity.

Comment

I'm just glad my tenure of dealing with annual presidential motorcades/gridlock is almost up.

How tough are the gun laws up north in all seriousness?

Comment

Are there actually Trump fans who have said they will do that? They do realize we will take away their guns and give them single-payer guvmint medical plans, whether they like it or not?
                    I doubt it, Neil. More like liberals if Trump wins. It's all silly of course, neither one will have godlike powers to do anything, even if Trump wins and the Republicans hang onto the senate. Although this whole business about legislating via executive order is going to come to a head one way or another.

There are ignorant fools on both sides, the market on stupidity isn't cornered by either as well.

Comment

I'm just glad my tenure of dealing with annual presidential motorcades/gridlock is almost up.

They are tough, especially for handguns and semi-auto rifles. Forget about owning an AR15 family firearm as far as I know.

Comment

I know a few here have mentioned it (good luck with their zero skills), but I know more than a few Canadians who are big Trump fans. Granted they live in Windsor which is basically South Detroit, but they're still Canadian.

Comment

Well on the Democrat side I think those gun laws and medical system are what they want.

On the Republican side... well most of them(by them I mean those who have threatened a Northern move) still think of Canada as the Northern colonies, so... No they probably do not realize what they are saying.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Well on the Democrat side I think those gun laws and medical system are what they want.

On the Republican side... well most of them(by them I mean those who have threatened a Northern move) still think of Canada as the Northern colonies, so... No they probably do not realize what they are saying.
                            I know quite a few Canadians who come to the US for health care. I live close to the border, though. They do also use the Canadian system. They have the same issues we have in the US, lack of primary care physicians. Plus, often long waits to get MRI, and non-emergency type surgeries like for knees, hip replacements, etc. I've seen that they do get good emergency room care and services, though.

Not bashing, just most liberals in the US probably don't realize a couple of things:
                            1.) Canada has 15% of the population of the USA (about 36 million versus 232 million), approximately.
                            2.) Canada has a Parliamentary form of government.

We had a guy visit our judo club years ago, who was going to medical school in Vancouver. He was doing BJJ there. He essentially was getting all his education paid for to be a family doctor, with commitment to work for x number of years in the system, I think.

I love Canada, it's a great country, full of thoughtful, hard-working people like NeilG.

However, I don't think we in the US will collapse regardless of who wins the election tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                              I know quite a few Canadians who come to the US for health care. I live close to the border, though. They do also use the Canadian system. They have the same issues we have in the US, lack of primary care physicians. Plus, often long waits to get MRI, and non-emergency type surgeries like for knees, hip replacements, etc. I've seen that they do get good emergency room care and services, though.

Not bashing, just most liberals in the US probably don't realize a couple of things:
                              1.) Canada has 15% of the population of the USA (about 36 million versus 232 million), approximately.
                              2.) Canada has a Parliamentary form of government.

We had a guy visit our judo club years ago, who was going to medical school in Vancouver. He was doing BJJ there. He essentially was getting all his education paid for to be a family doctor, with commitment to work for x number of years in the system, I think.

I love Canada, it's a great country, full of thoughtful, hard-working people like NeilG.

However, I don't think we in the US will collapse regardless of who wins the election tomorrow.
                              Long waits for non-essential care are part and parcel with socialized health care.

Yes I do have to agree with you. Even though this sums up the election

The republic will endure. The beauty of it is that the President, even though he is the front man, is only the CEO of the country. He does have rather limited powers in actuality.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This as I understand it, not a gun owner myself. I may have some details wrong.

You need a license to own any kind of firearm, which means taking a firearm safety course and applying. You need an advanced form of that license to own restricted weapons such as handguns. There are many types of weapons legal in the US that are straight up not allowed.

Once you have your license you can purchase your gun. Restricted weapons must be individually registered. Restricted weapons can not be transported without a permit, meaning you get a one-time permit to move it. Permits to move or carry any time are generally only issued to LEOs or other such folks.

Guns of any sort have to be stored unloaded in a locked space with the ammunition stored seperately.

Basically, if you want a shotgun or rifle for hunting it's not much of an issue. Pistols for target shooting also ok with the restricted permit, stored full time at the range. Any other use is either a royal PITA or not allowed.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X