How to defend against presidental elections in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    Trump doesn't have both houses, at least a quarter of the sitting Republican hate the **** out of him.
    That is one thing I find very interesting about this situation. Trump said he'll toe the party line, but there are clearly divisions in the ranks. It may turn out to be the best of both worlds, he'll be able to rush through the stuff the whole party wants, but initiatives that are out of line will get stalled.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Does anybody actually believe Trump will follow through on a single campaign promise? I don't think he cares about a single GOP plank. Pardon my French, but Trump's already spilled his true agenda. He's just there to grab *****. Just like Bill Clinton.

**** whatever the GOP wants, Trump will now make the GOP his bitch. He'll change whatever he wants, and they'll suck him off forever like Ronald Reagan, because he handed total control of all three branches of government over to the right wing, and made the left wing and a lot of moderates all QQ. The GOP was on the verge of collapse, now they're in charge with nothing but open road. And on CNN this morning they're talking about the Democratic party falling to pieces. Irony is a bitch.
      Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 11/10/2016 3:16pm, .

Comment

Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
          Does anybody actually believe Trump will follow through on a single campaign promise? I don't think he cares about a single GOP plank. Pardon my French, but Trump's already spilled his true agenda. He's just there to grab *****. Just like Bill Clinton.

**** whatever the GOP wants, Trump will now make the GOP his bitch. He'll change whatever he wants, and they'll suck him off forever like Ronald Reagan, because he handed total control of all three branches of government over to the right wing, and made the left wing and a lot of moderates all QQ. The GOP was on the verge of collapse, now they're in charge with nothing but open road. And on CNN this morning they're talking about the Democratic party falling to pieces. Irony is a bitch.
          Trump will follow through on just enough stuff to secure a second term. Just like every other president. And, arguably, that could be zilch.

The GOP has collapsed, they couldn't offer up a single viable alternative to Obama or Hillary. Trump saved their asses. That's why the next four years are going to be very interesting.
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

If I liked popcorn, I'd be making some right now...
            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
              If I liked popcorn, I'd be making some right now...

I used to always get those states confused.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                Trump will follow through on just enough stuff to secure a second term. Just like every other president. And, arguably, that could be zilch.

The GOP has collapsed, they couldn't offer up a single viable alternative to Obama or Hillary. Trump saved their asses. That's why the next four years are going to be very interesting.
                Collapsed doesn't feel like the right word..changed maybe. Transmogrified is the right word I think. Their overall brand as a political party has definitely gotten a big jolt and influx of "political capital" as they often call it. They can use it to build the wall...deport people...change Obamacare. Even Newt Gingrich of all people has a second shot at something big. It's like we've taken a time machine back to the Contract with America. As Stephen King once wrote...they "waded in **** and came out clean on the other side". From Obama to the Tea Party to Trump, somehow the guy with the most baggage, losing in most of the polls, created some sort of firestorm of popular support that hasn't been seen since...well...Obama. But could there be a more stark contrast between these two guys?

Was Trump possibly a reactionary electoral response to 8 years under an African American president? I hope America is not THAT racist, but I'm often wrong about that sort of thing (assuming people have the best intentions).

Comment

Shut the **** UP11!

America Won, getover it dude.
                  Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 11/10/2016 9:51pm, .

Comment

Was Trump possibly a reactionary electoral response to 8 years under an African American president? I hope America is not THAT racist, but I'm often wrong about that sort of thing (assuming people have the best intentions).
                    Alternate theory: Suburban and rural working class Americans, of various colors(Trump did get far more minority votes than Romney), were tired of being ignored by the establishment, and tired of globalism that seemed to them to put the interests of developing countries over their own, and so they voted for the one candidate that said America first.

Sure there were better, and far more qualified Republican candidates, but none who made the simple promise of "Make America Great Again" and "America First." When the average working class American is working 47hrs/week and still struggling to make ends meet, and the Republican favorite, Jeb Bush, " It means that people need to work longer hours and through their productivity gain more income for their families," just highlighted simply how out of touch with it's base the Republican party and its establishment candidates were.

Most of the people I know that voted Trump did so solely for economic reasons, believing that he will cancel the various Free Trade Agreements and bring production jobs back to the US.

Whether it was a good choice or not, we will see, and at worst it's 4 yrs and Congress can be changed a lot quicker than that.
                    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Now people are calling for dismantling the Electoral College. Apparently "Lady" Gaga has a petition with over a million signatures to ask the Electoral college to vote for Clinton. I think they can technically do that (right?), but won't. Same ****, different fourth year. At least I got to hear the real Boss sing Thunder Road at Independence Hall. Definitely the high water mark of the whole election season, which by my reckoning lasted way too damn long. I'm gonna bookmark this one.

You didn't see this awesome **** during Brexit. This was born in the USA.

Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 11/10/2016 11:33pm, .

Comment

Now people are calling for dismantling the Electoral College. Apparently "Lady" Gaga has a petition with over a million signatures to ask the Electoral college to vote for Clinton. I think they can technically do that (right?), but won't. Same ****, different fourth year. At least I got to hear the real Boss sing Thunder Road at Independence Hall. Definitely the high water mark of the whole election season, which by my reckoning lasted way too damn long. I'm gonna bookmark this one.

You didn't see this awesome **** during Brexit. This was born in the USA.

The Electoral College is an esconced part of the US Constitution(see Article 2, section 1, clause 3 and then the twelfth amendment). Could they technically write an Amendment that would abolish the Electoral college and the Republican nature of the United States and it's Constitution. You would need 2/3 of the Congress to accept the idea of ceding State Equality, to allow the election to possibly be decided by very small populations of a handful of states. Then you would need 38 states to ratify this.

Again, to date the US is a Republican form of democracy and this would be a major ****, contrary to the desire of the founders, to a much more pure democracy, which the founders feared would ultimately oppress the minority. So could it be done? Yes. Will it be done? Of course not, too many of our legislators are too damn smart to do something so fucking moronic. History has shown that those sorts of amendments have a nasty way of coming back to bite you in the ass.
                        Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                          Alternate theory:
                          All, true, but my first read has been that Trump is the only candidate in about 40 years who has had an immigration policy other than "well, give everybody here amnesty, then murmermurmermurmer, and everything will be fine!" That captures a demographic that crosses party lines (which includes, but is not limited to, a bunch of bigots), adds it to the anybody-but-Hillary crowd, and any of the 35% or so that will vote red no matter what.
                          "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                          DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                          Originally posted by Plasma
                          At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                          Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                          Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                            The Electoral College is an esconced part of the US Constitution(see Article 2, section 1, clause 3 and then the twelfth amendment). Could they technically write an Amendment that would abolish the Electoral college and the Republican nature of the United States and it's Constitution. You would need 2/3 of the Congress to accept the idea of ceding State Equality, to allow the election to possibly be decided by very small populations of a handful of states. Then you would need 38 states to ratify this.

Again, to date the US is a Republican form of democracy and this would be a major ****, contrary to the desire of the founders, to a much more pure democracy, which the founders feared would ultimately oppress the minority. So could it be done? Yes. Will it be done? Of course not, too many of our legislators are too damn smart to do something so fucking moronic. History has shown that those sorts of amendments have a nasty way of coming back to bite you in the ass.

Lady Gaga is trying to get the Electoral College voters to flip:
                            http://www.fairvote.org/faithless_electors

Yes, it can happen and only a few states have penalties.

It is much more involved than what you are trying to cite within the Constitution or the "now" Pship is discussing:
                            http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

They've been trying to dismantle the Electoral College a little more aggressively since the 2000 Bush vs. Gore election. People cry, bluster, piss their diapers, calm down and then move on. We'd all by laughing at all of the Rigged comments and recount petitions, if us older adults remained angry and helped push the NPV legislation through and it passed. Read wiki, for once it actually has a somewhat balanced explanation of the pros and cons. They actually go into your constitutional argument right here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...rstate_Compact

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                              Lady Gaga is trying to get the Electoral College voters to flip:
                              http://www.fairvote.org/faithless_electors

Yes, it can happen and only a few states have penalties.

It is much more involved than what you are trying to cite within the Constitution or the "now" Pship is discussing:
                              http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

They've been trying to dismantle the Electoral College a little more aggressively since the 2000 Bush vs. Gore election. People cry, bluster, piss their diapers, calm down and then move on. We'd all by laughing at all of the Rigged comments and recount petitions, if us older adults remained angry and helped push the NPV legislation through and it passed. Read wiki, for once it actually has a somewhat balanced explanation of the pros and cons. They actually go into your constitutional argument right here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...rstate_Compact
                              If we're gonna "fix," the Constitution, let's do it correctly: http://www.thirty-thousand.org/

Comment

Those links "do it correctly."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X