No announcement yet.

Women's Self-Defense Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best women's self defense class I seen was ran by a BJJ instructor...

I cringe when people with no fight/war experience teach self defense classes :/

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
      Every video on WSHH should be permanently deleted, because mother fuckers can't figure out how to turn their cellphone sideways.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
        Step one for the "Reality Based" reality check. Go to Liveleaks and see if anyone ever attacks anyone else in the manner being described/demoed. If no, then it's another martial art myth that has died in the new reality known as people over sharing on the internet.
        Liveleaks and YouTube are one of the best (or worst; depending on how you train) things to happen to martial arts in the last few years. It makes it so much easier to expose bullshit artists or to terminate circular arguments with the deluded.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFneZ520Vyw
          here's a classic, these guys had a run in with bullshido if I'm no mistaken. I know everyone's moved on to penusing but I'm just a can of soup.

Comment

Comment

The classic elbow to the gut followed by a hammerfist to the groin.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                man from that thumb nail I thought this was gonna be one of those where they just say to groin grab them no matter what they do, I woulda liked that more *coughs*. But seeing that garbage I'm thinking teh deadly testicle tickle may be alot more effective.

Comment

Comment

Using BJJ principles isn't a bad idea, but why not just take BJJ instead?

Honestly, I just picked it because "Rape Escape" rhymes and I've had a few beers.

The instructor in this video was certified through Defend University. Their head instructor is a guy named Steve Kardian who apparently has black belts in Kyokushin and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu as well as being a Muay Thai coach. I don't know who gave him his Black Belts, but he seems like the kind of guy who would tell you if you asked.

You can apparently get your first certification from this Defend University after two days of training. I don't know about you, but I couldn't do shit from the guard after two days of training. At least it's not an online certification, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                      Step one for the "Reality Based" reality check. Go to Liveleaks and see if anyone ever attacks anyone else in the manner being described/demoed. If no, then it's another martial art myth that has died in the new reality known as people over sharing on the internet.

Spirdonov called his system of Combat Sambo "Survival in Extreme Situations", because he saw the ultimate goal as being survival of the human organism and he felt that that incorporated more than just the combative aspects. My own current combatives instructor, Matt Powell, says, "Survival when plotted over a time line isn't a series of wins and losses in fights but quality of life." So even if some RBSD warrior really has discovered the deadly that would enable them to quickly put down UFC champions and street hood ruffians, but he dies at 40 from a preventable heart attack(kills 1 in 4 in the US), then he has failed at the primary goal, aka survival of the human organism with a decent quality of life.

To my mind that is where all this fails. They major on the minors to the exclusion of all else.
                      Truly insightful post, thanks.

Living a fear-based life will to that to ya...

Comment

Originally posted by kendamu View Post
                        Honestly, I just picked it because "Rape Escape" rhymes and I've had a few beers.
                        The rape escape.
                        Doot doo, doo doo doo.
                        The rape escape.
                        Doot, doo doo dit doot.
                        The rape escape.
                        Doot doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doodee doodee doo, doo, doo doo doot.

Comment

Never gonna rape escape
                          never gonna let you down

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X