Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey everyone did you know all Submission Grappling is just BJJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Looked like a single leg x guard sweep that Marcelo Garcia would invent about 50 years after this video was made.
    It's weird how this guy was stealing bjj moves that hadnt been invented yet.
    lol it is amazing indeed, I have watched a lot of the old videos like this and I swear I have seen everything including berimbolos, Donky Guard, worm Guard, ect....
    Ok maybe not donkey guard....

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      Looked like a single leg x guard sweep that Marcelo Garcia would invent about 50 years after this video was made.
      It's weird how this guy was stealing bjj moves that hadnt been invented yet.
      Add in kuzushi and the various triangle techniques and I believe you have a pretty good conspiracy theory going...

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        lol it is amazing indeed, I have watched a lot of the old videos like this and I swear I have seen everything including berimbolos, Donky Guard, worm Guard, ect....
        Ok maybe not donkey guard....
        I believe it's established that a couple of the Gracies learned about the triangle from a judo book.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
          I believe it's established that a couple of the Gracies learned about the triangle from a judo book.
          I would imagine they just learned it straight from Maeda? I learned the sankaku-jime in Judo, is this not common?

Comment

I would imagine they just learned it straight from Maeda? I learned the sankaku-jime in Judo, is this not common?
            I've never seen anything that indicates that Maeda used sankaku techniques. That is a logical assumption, though.

Comment

I've never seen anything that indicates that Maeda used sankaku techniques. That is a logical assumption, though.
              I have heard rumor that Maeda became found of ground fighting as a result of his challenge matches.
              Taught the Gracies with a heavier ground fighting emphasis as a result of that.

Comment

Rolls Gracie, from Judo book, seems to the the urban legend.

Comment

Rolls Gracie, from Judo book, seems to the the urban legend.
                  The triangle existed in Judo for quite sometime prior to the Gracie brothers.
                  Mestre Osvaldo Alves is a red belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.
                  but he was a Judoka prior to starting his Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training,
                  and he both continued his Judo training and competition
                  at the national and international level throughout his career,
                  As a Brazilian national Judo champion.
                  He also cross trained in Judo and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu extensively in Japan, as well as returning to Brazil,
                  And he was one of Rolls Gracie's coaches.
                  Mestre Osvaldo Alves introduced a variation of the triangle to Rolls Gracie (or helped Rolls Gracie develop this variation) from an armlock set up,
                  and that helped drive the momentum of the popularity of the triangle in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu,
                  which in many ways made the guard a much more difficult position to deal with,
                  that had more dangerous offensive capability for Gracie Jiu-Jitsu players.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                    The triangle existed in Judo for quite sometime prior to the Gracie brothers.
                    Mestre Osvaldo Alves is a red belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.
                    but he was a Judoka prior to starting his Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training,
                    and he both continued his Judo training and competition
                    at the national and international level throughout his career,
                    As a Brazilian national Judo champion.
                    He also cross trained in Judo and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu extensively in Japan, as well as returning to Brazil,
                    And he was one of Rolls Gracie's coaches.
                    Mestre Osvaldo Alves introduced a variation of the triangle to Rolls Gracie (or helped Rolls Gracie develop this variation) from an armlock set up,
                    and that helped drive the momentum of the popularity of the triangle in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu,
                    which in many ways made the guard a much more difficult position to deal with,
                    that had more dangerous offensive capability for Gracie Jiu-Jitsu players.
                    I was just about to request that you comment on the topic, thanks.

But Helio still invented leverage, correct ?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X