Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some old school video of Helio Gracie

https://www.facebook.com/61163415566...9855223841753/

He keep seeing them put that leg deep into the pocket and I am like fall back for the heel hook.
    Of course that isn't going to be what they do. I am not one to question Helio and Royler but isn't there danger of being put in a triangle with this pass? or is there some sort movement being blocked that would prevent it?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

You've hit on the difference between street and sport, I think. Why heel-hook the guy when you can smash and pass? The answer is that with the latter, you can prevent Zimmerman from going for his gun. Heel hooks will get you shot.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      You've hit on the difference between street and sport, I think. Why heel-hook the guy when you can smash and pass? The answer is that with the latter, you can prevent Zimmerman from going for his gun. Heel hooks will get you shot.
      Street vs Sport on the street I suppose you are more likely to actually get the pass as where in sport you can actually end the match.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        https://www.facebook.com/61163415566...9855223841753/

He keep seeing them put that leg deep into the pocket and I am like fall back for the heel hook.
        Of course that isn't going to be what they do. I am not one to question Helio and Royler but isn't there danger of being put in a triangle with this pass? or is there some sort movement being blocked that would prevent it?
        Classic, "No can defend if done right"...
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

He's trapping the leg by the shin, that's pretty far for a triangle.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
            Goodlun trains with BJJ supermen, doncha know?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Ah, he's even shorter than you as I recall so legs must seem really long too.

Comment

Ah, he's even shorter than you as I recall so legs must seem really long too.
                Nope taller than Ben but not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  Well if I was ever passing through San Diego his gym would definitely be on my list of places to train at*.

*if I followed his clues correctly, that is.
                  2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
                  #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                    Well if I was ever passing through San Diego his gym would definitely be on my list of places to train at*.

You can pm me.

Comment

I am on my phone but I believe this thread is about said pass
                      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63445

Comment

Plus has his torso blocked from rising by grabbing the lapel/ stiff arming near the hip on the left side. It's a solid stack pass.
                        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                          I am on my phone but I believe this thread is about said pass
                          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63445
                          I believe that is referring to the "forbidden pass" that was Helio's favorite. Most people do it wrong and its basically asking to be triangled when you do it wrong. That's not this one.
                          I will find a video of it.
                          When it's done right it works but I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze if you were in a black belt competition generally speaking. However I actually recommend teaching it and playing with it in the gym for learning purposes. The concepts involved are wonderful for escaping triangles and not letting triangles set up Beyond diamond position.
                          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            Plus has his torso blocked from rising by grabbing the lapel/ stiff arming near the hip on the left side. It's a solid stack pass.
                            Thank you, I will have to take a 2nd look when I get back home to see the blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post

For sure it would be.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X