Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something that most of us knew is now backed up by at least one psychologist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that most of us knew is now backed up by at least one psychologist.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northe...llies--438556/

In the news a
    A LEADING clinical psychologist has urged parents to give their children permission to `fight back' against playground bullies - even if it means getting into trouble at school.

I hope more parents and educators see this. Though I suspect educators will still keep up with their own silly policies of kids most tattle tell then take it as it gets worse and worse.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    http://www.irishnews.com/news/northe...llies--438556/

In the news a
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I hope more parents and educators see this. Though I suspect educators will still keep up with their own silly policies of kids most tattle tell then take it as it gets worse and worse.
    Hespect.

Comment

Well it's about fucking time. This no tolerance bullshit is out of hand.

Comment

It's from Ireland.
        I thought they have face punching as a requirement in school?

Comment

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2016/03/04/news/-let-children-fight-back-against-playground-bullies--438556/

In the news a
          [/COLOR][/FONT]

This is bullshit.

Every educator knows that the best advice you can give to a bullied student is to just ignore the harasser. Because they "only want to get a reaction out of you."

This works with rape, too.
          Last edited by Holy Moment; 7/20/2016 5:35pm, .
          Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

This works with rape, too.
            Dan Severn: *Pantpantpantpantpant...*

Pencak Silat Pele just files his nails.

Dan Severn: ... Son of a bitch.

Severn thrusts harder.

Dan Severn: *PANTPANTPANTPANTPANTPANT*... Oh, come on!

Pencak Silat Pele: Yawn.

Dan Severn: *ROAR!!*

Severn thrusts harder than any human has ever thrusted before. The room quakes, reality splits open... Still, Pele shows no signs of distress. Eventually, Severn just dismounts in disgust and frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
              It's from Ireland.
              I thought they have face punching as a requirement in school?
              Yes, Irish Americans have that same requirement. I can say this because I'm one.

In schools (by the Dean of Discipline and others),
              In the bars (recreational violence) and in the street (we know who we are ).

This psychologist should be more careful. My father told me once "if he hits you hit him back".
              He didn't know that the bully was 200 lbs. and still in the eighth grade after getting left back every other year.
              I took his advice and hit him square in the mouth and proceeded to get the worst beating of my life.

I guess the upside is that I got real paranoid and now, years later , I get to hang out with you fine fellows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                Well it's about fucking time. This no tolerance bullshit is out of hand.
                Hey, shut your mouth. Zero tolerance is a brilliant policy. A kid who was just defending himself deserves equal punishment to the dude who attacked him.

This teaches kids the important lessons that subjectivity is a myth and that they should go to unreasonable measures not to break the law, extenuating circumstances be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetcat View Post
                  Yes, Irish Americans have that same requirement. I can say this because I'm one.

In schools (by the Dean of Discipline and others),
                  In the bars (recreational violence) and in the street (we know who we are ).

This psychologist should be more careful. My father told me once "if he hits you hit him back".
                  He didn't know that the bully was 200 lbs. and still in the eighth grade after getting left back every other year.
                  I took his advice and hit him square in the mouth and proceeded to get the worst beating of my life.

I guess the upside is that I got real paranoid and now, years later , I get to hang out with you fine fellows.
                  Just means next time you hit him back, you use a baseball bat.
                  Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Just means next time you hit him back, you use a baseball bat.
                    Or as my Dad advised, smash him in the head with a brick when he wasn't looking.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie88 View Post
                      Or as my Dad advised, smash him in the head with a brick when he wasn't looking.
                      Wise man

Comment

He always kept a ball bat by the front door so when he answered it, he had a weapon close at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie88 View Post
                          Put that gun down, Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                            Hey, shut your mouth. Zero tolerance is a brilliant policy. A kid who was just defending himself deserves equal punishment to the dude who attacked him.

This teaches kids the important lessons that subjectivity is a myth and that they should go to unreasonable measures not to break the law, extenuating circumstances be damned.
                            Most importantly, it excuses educators and administrators for having to exercise any judgement.
                            "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                            DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                            Originally posted by Devil
                            Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                            Originally posted by Plasma
                            At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                            Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                            Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                              Most importantly, it excuses educators and administrators for having to exercise any judgement.
                              That's the point of a policy.
                              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X