No announcement yet.

Black Belt Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I do IS the middle ground. Many people, upon attack by multiple attackers would draw a knife or a gun. I use martial arts and everyone goes home alive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
      What I do IS the middle ground. Many people, upon attack by multiple attackers would draw a knife or a gun. I use martial arts and everyone goes home alive.
      Sounds like a win then, honestly.

Maybe not put yourself into the situations as often. That might be change enough to ease your mind.
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

It is making those calls which wear me out emotionally, not doing it so much.
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        BILL HICKS,
        1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Yeah, I could use a new job. I see RBSD in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
            Maybe not put yourself into the situations as often.
            But, that's his job. I would say a career change is probably more appropriate.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Basically, I'm not a crazy person. I'm paid to take drugs and weapons from people, to prevent fights and to break up fights that are already happening. Some people react violently to this at which point I use my martial arts to protect myself and others.

I'd rather not do this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                  But, that's his job. I would say a career change is probably more appropriate.
                  That is what I was hinting at.

Who the fuck wants to listen to some one on the internet going "well damn ... you just need a career change". You gotta kinda come to terms with that on your own.
                  BILL HICKS,
                  1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I kinda just do. I don't actually like hurting people. When the video was reviewed, I was found to be justified, and I was, but I didn't like it. I HAD to do it. I talked to four bosses. One apologized for his family. The other said he would have done the same thing. Another was in a similar incident the same night and hugged me. The manager understood. The tape looked bad, and they didn't show it to the owners, but they supported "firing first" (a quote. I don't posses firearms) given the threat level. I was censured for not calling it in and for leaving and only alerting management to my whereabouts and not a fellow guard. Our detail was found justified in drawing his weapon. Our female guard was censured for sitting by and watching, and not using her radio to call it in. I'm on paid leave for my protection.

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
                      I bought myself a gold belt.

It is shiny.
                      You and Stephen Hayes are now matched in awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                        I kinda just do. I don't actually like hurting people. When the video was reviewed, I was found to be justified, and I was, but I didn't like it. I HAD to do it. I talked to four bosses. One apologized for his family. The other said he would have done the same thing. Another was in a similar incident the same night and hugged me. The manager understood. The tape looked bad, and they didn't show it to the owners, but they supported "firing first" (a quote. I don't posses firearms) given the threat level. I was censured for not calling it in and for leaving and only alerting management to my whereabouts and not a fellow guard. Our detail was found justified in drawing his weapon. Our female guard was censured for sitting by and watching, and not using her radio to call it in. I'm on paid leave for my protection.
                        This is a separate incident from the one when you were attacked in the hospital?

Comment

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter, or a victim." - General Mattis

It is a thankless job that has its fill of bullies and ego maniacs, but some of us never went to university or became a tradesman, so this is our trade.

As long as you don't become a bully or a drug dealer I'd say you're safe from questioning your Jiu Jitsu rank, but to each their own. Sometimes its hard to get to sleep after a night where you've had to apply violence, but I guess it beats sitting in an office.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulsteryank View Post
                            Sometimes its hard to get to sleep after a night where you've had to apply violence, but I guess it beats sitting in an office.
                            It depends on the person. Many people get off on having that kind of power and making those choices.

I would rather sit at a desk all day rather than choose to make those choices .

They just don't let me rest easy when I have to make more the next day.
                            BILL HICKS,
                            1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
                              This is a separate incident from the one when you were attacked in the hospital?
                              Yes. I was stopping the flow of drugs into a night club, as I was paid to do, when the thugs tried to get violent about it. They assaulted me and asked what my "white ass", "bitch ass" was gonna do about it. So I told them. Fortunately it was witnessed on camera.
                              Last edited by The Villain; 7/11/2016 3:46pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                                It depends on the person. Many people get off on having that kind of power and making those choices.

I would rather sit at a desk all day rather than choose to make those choices .

They just don't let me rest easy when I have to make more the next day.
                                I don't like it. I'm not that sort of guy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X