Black Belt Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I feel like being gone for a few years I missed something really entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
      Meant to up vote that. Sorry.
      I was so confused for a minute, thanks for clearing that up and I hope you can find a path you are comfortable with. I don't know you super well but I don't think moving to any extreme is a good idea. The far ends of any position are not stable.

Originally posted by Rand View Post
      I feel like being gone for a few years I missed something really entertaining.
      The internet never forgets. The story is out there but TLDR: dude (kit dale) wanted an acting career and his PR team told him to step the fuck back off challenge matches and internet games... or well that is what I was able to figure after digging into it a little.
      Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/10/2016 6:43pm, .
      “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I live in Boston. You live in Oregon. The fuck do you know about how I live? I mean you to answer that. What do you know about how I live?

Going to let you in on a secret from working with 50 to 60 year old bouncers.

Hard men live shit lives. In the end being tough makes you a rockstar because you were useful at the time. When you are no longer useful you get scrapped for the next hard man coming through. This is because the priorities of those people who surround you in that environment are screwed up.

Try not to get suckered in to that lifestyle.
        Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          translation: every black belt is still a white belt. This could be a good move for the worldwide martial arts community. We're all white belts, just some can kick ass a lot better than others.

Let's not overlook the philosophical/metaphysical implications, here.

Also, Phrost is considering charging $2000 for black belt tags, going forward.

I bought myself a gold belt.

It is shiny.
          Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post

Hard men live shit lives. In the end being tough makes you a rockstar because you were useful at the time. When you are no longer useful you get scrapped for the next hard man coming through. This is because the priorities of those people who surround you in that environment are screwed up.

Meh...

Comment

Meh...
              Meh indeed, cause you my friend have life all dialed in, certainly shouldn't be looking to make any sort of changes what so ever.
              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
              –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                Meh indeed, cause you my friend have life all dialed in, certainly shouldn't be looking to make any sort of changes what so ever.
                I just did make a change.

Comment

Well said, very true Greg. I'm close to fifty and have been bouncing part time since I was young. I see what your saying a lot. To many guys whole identities are tied up into being the toughest guy in the club, bar and neighborhood. It all ends somtime, dont let it be all you have. BTW meant to give you an up vote, just had surgery on my right arm and trying to function with my left.

Comment

I bought myself a gold belt.

It is shiny.
                    I'm thinking lead or mercury, myself. Of course, the latter will be harder to tie. But, both should provide a level of deadly that I haven't myself yet mastered.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                      You know what I am fucking sick of getting a 1/10th of a story from you with you expecting us to know what the fuck happened.
                      None of us have a clue as to what the fuck you are talking about most of the god damn time.
                      Often The Villain posts the entire story in the non-public sections of Bullshido and the supporting members/staff try to give him real advice vs the sarcastic comments we post in YMAS.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                        Often The Villain posts the entire story in the non-public sections of Bullshido and the supporting members/staff try to give him real advice vs the sarcastic comments we post in YMAS.
                        His posts there seem equally cryptic.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          His posts there seem equally cryptic.
                          Yeah, but at least we got the incident from his POV. If I was just reading this thread, you'd think he just killed some people.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                            Yeah, but at least we got the incident from his POV. If I was just reading this thread, you'd think he just killed some people.
                            Sometimes I suspect that the gulf between his POV and reality is a lot bigger than most people think.

Comment

Why? If I were running around fucking people up for no reason on camera in front of witnesses, I'd have half a dozen cases, not one. The only person in real life to accuse me of such activity was last seen jumping a female patient in the hospital so...

Comment

Why? If I were running around fucking people up for no reason on camera in front of witnesses, I'd have half a dozen cases, not one. The only person in real life to accuse me of such activity was last seen jumping a female patient in the hospital so...
                                Seriously,

I think you are so surrounded by violence that the middle ground will feel as extreme as pacifism for a while. Keep this in mind as you try to figure things out. Also ... breathe.
                                “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
                                BILL HICKS,
                                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X