Black Belt Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Belt Tag

I would like it removed. This shit has nothing to do with "the community", or BJJ politics. There is a scene in the manga, Koroshiya Ichi, where the titular antihero annihilates a white belt. They ask him why he is wearing a white belt and not a black belt. He says to them, "People like me don't deserve black belts". After what I did last night, I'm retiring my belt. I'm done with it. I was identified by three men as a "white ass, bitch ass, nigga" in a horrible case of mistaken identity. I tried to explain to them that I was neither a "white boy", nor a "bitch ass nigga". As they assaulted me, they asked me what I was going to do about it, given my status as a "bitch nigga". I answered. Believe me, I answered. The answer horrified me. I always thought that it would be cool to be Jet Li. Take out like a half dozen dudes at once. Run fucking combat heuristics. In real life, not your dojo, your defense course, your bullshit bee jay jay tournament, people bleed for real, hurt for real, fight for their lives. And their families hurt for them. When the footage was reviewed, what I did was found to be justified. I was just "doing my job". And I was justified. And I was working. But to display a symbol of pride and power? No. I'm done. I am a white belt now.

Strange coincidence, exactly the same thing happened to me except it ended up me being chased by a 30 football hooligans and then hip tossing them into the sea one by one (sometimes if they were skinny enough two by two though)

Comment

Sure, whatever the anime told you to do.
      Last edited by plasma; 7/10/2016 9:05am, .

Comment

I thought the belt represents your bjj skill.
        go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
          I thought the belt represents your bjj skill.
          His knowledge and skill represents his knowledge and skill.

They need no symbol and can present themselves directly.

Why would someone's knowledge or skill be any less or any more simply because he or she decided to wear a different colored belt to practice?

Mestre Helio stopped wearing his red belt and started wearing his old blue belt for a while.

But, he did not know any less for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
            His knowledge and skill represents his knowledge and skill.

They need no symbol and can present themselves directly.

Why would someone's knowledge or skill be any less or any more simply because he or she decided to wear a different colored belt to practice?

Mestre Helio stopped wearing his red belt and started wearing his old blue belt for a while.

But, he did not know any less for doing so.
            No need for the platitudes.

I just don't see how his reasoning relates to his bjj belt.
            go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Video or it didn't happen.
              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

“The best fighter is never angry.”
                ― Lao Tzu

Comment

“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
                  ― Bruce Lee

Comment

I just don't see how his reasoning relates to his bjj belt.
                    Reason : He don't want it.

End of story.
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
                      ~ Joe Lewis

Comment

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
                        ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.
                          ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

In times of peace, the warlike man attacks himself.
                            ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Lol @ Dr Bill...

"He giveth, and He also taketh away."?

Villain is just trying to out-do Enson?

This is no bullshit nor is it a joke but I’m going to demote myself to purple belt.
                              http://www.bjjee.com/articles/enson-...o-purple-belt/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X