Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone in Dallas OK?

Everyone in Dallas OK?

I know we have a couple posters there and I think one of them is LEO.

... also in today's thread: racism and gun control control.

link

Four LEO dead 9 7 wounded.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/07/2016 11:38pm, . Reason: updates
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...pers-in-dallas

Five dead "several" wounded.

Details are slowly being released.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

BLM is bullshit.

The details are coming in, dead shooter was 26 and wanted to kill white people. Especially white cops.

3 more in custody.
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
        BLM is bullshit.

The details are coming in, dead shooter was 26 and wanted to kill white people. Especially white cops.

3 more in custody.
        I have family in the area, but were not present at locale of shooting.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

It was only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            I agree.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

BLM is bullshit.

3 more in custody.
              Extremists are not the whole group. BLM is not an extremist group at it's core anyway. I feel as if they should seriously get their p.r. shit straight. I have been saying that since day one.

Or are all Catholics and Baptists bad because of the things done by their ilk and in their name?

Again, treat this as a domestic terrorist attack, just like any other terrorist attack. Find out who and what are the connected threats and go from there. Each time a group radicalizes someone into violence they are basically turning themselves in.

There should be no difference in our reaction no matter who was targeted. It should always be calculated and appropriate.

I have to say the Dallas Police force are outstanding and I can find no complaints in how they have handled this.

Originally posted by DCS View Post
              Yep. They were bound to attract some very specific market segments.
              Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/08/2016 10:12am, .
              BILL HICKS,
              1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: The Associated Press is confirming that the sniper who ambushed and murdered 5 Dallas police officers last night and wounded 6 others is Micah Johnson, 25, of Mesquite, Texas, pictured above, who Reuters reports was an Army reservist.

That explains the deliberate shooting...

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                  Extremists are not the whole group. BLM is not an extremist group at it's core anyway. I feel as if they should seriously get their p.r. shit straight. I have been saying that since day one.

Or are all Catholics and Baptists bad because of the things done by their ilk and in their name?

Again, treat this as a domestic terrorist attack, just like any other terrorist attack. Find out who and what are the connected threats and go from there. Each time a group radicalizes someone into violence they are basically turning themselves in.

There should be no difference in our reaction no matter who was targeted. It should always be calculated and appropriate.

I have to say the Dallas Police force are outstanding and I can find no complaints in how they have handled this.

Yep. They were bound to attract some very specific market segments.

BLM fans the flames of racial divide. While the deaths of those shot, wrongly, by police are tragic, they're not indicative of the police as a whole.

We have a protest planned here in Oklahoma City this weekend. Why? Two different locations. Why?

I despise bigotry in all forms. Period. I used to think of affirmative action as reverse racism. It is Fake made me see it differently. It's racism period.

Groups like BLM, while they claim to be peaceful, have in fact through their protests led to riots in many cities. Looting, violence and much destruction of property.

They are, at the top, a professional group of protestors. Look at the funding. Their mission is one of divisiveness.

I am not making a blanket statement about the character of those who attend a BLM event. There is shit everywhere. BLM's so called peaceful protests do, far to often, attract the shit of humanity.

Comment

BLM is part of a larger "progressive" movement that is well organized and still kinda flying under the radar to some degree.

Was listening to NPR this morning...now that shooter is identified, they won't be able to dance around the fact that the shooter told police he wanted to specifically kill white people, especially cops.

One guy they interview was involved in the protests, but in another city (yeah, they were coordinated). He denounced the violence, then hinted that the main problem is unregulated firearms...

Comment

BLM is bullshit.

3 more in custody.
                      According to the cops. If he wanted to kill white people he'd have shot up a damn Starbucks. This is a response to this weekends murders by the police.

Comment

At least the cops killed the shooter so he won't get to spew his BS over the media circus. Possible accomplices were seen speeding away in a Mercedes. Will be interesting to see who they turn out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                          According to the cops. If he wanted to kill white people he'd have shot up a damn Starbucks. This is a response to this weekends murders by the police.
                          So, they are making up what the shooter told them?

Too bad nobody will talk about all the black folks killing other black folks, every day. Like in Chicago the week of 4th of July.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            BLM is part of a larger "progressive" movement that is well organized and still kinda flying under the radar to some degree.

Was listening to NPR this morning...now that shooter is identified, they won't be able to dance around the fact that the shooter told police he wanted to specifically kill white people, especially cops.

One guy they interview was involved in the protests, but in another city (yeah, they were coordinated). He denounced the violence, then hinted that the main problem is unregulated firearms...
                            Exactly. Some of the same who were funding the Occupy movement.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...-matter-215814

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                              Bullshit Jordan.

It's an organized group exploiting tragedies in two separate states for their own purpose. The shootings appear to be wrongful in both cases. Wrong.

Don't buy into the hate.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X