Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to put this here
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/up...shootings.html
    I am not sure of how valid the stats are that they used or there methodology I found the premise to be interesting.
    Essentially it comes down to cops are a lot more hands on with Black People but are no more likely to shoot them than white people.

Make of it what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
      I've used trot lines before. Now I do more jugging with floats I made from pool noodles and PVC. I have lots of success with it but not this time.

Now that sounds pretty redneck.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
        Rednecks know how to catch fish, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
          Rednecks know how to catch fish, don't they?
          I didn't mean that as an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
            LOL, I know exactly what he's writing about, too.

Noodling, however, is MUCH more redneck.

However, Snapping Turtles and Water Moccasins...
            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

That kind of pragmatism is something I admire.

I still have one of these somewhere:

Those triggers are a bit sensitive, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Noodling is further than I'm willing to take this whole redneck thing. That scares the shit out of me. I won't even pretend otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                  I am going to put this here
                  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/up...shootings.html
                  I am not sure of how valid the stats are that they used or there methodology I found the premise to be interesting.
                  Essentially it comes down to cops are a lot more hands on with Black People but are no more likely to shoot them than white people.

Make of it what you will.
                  A pretty good article.

Mr. Fryer found that blacks were either less likely to be shot or there was no difference between blacks and whites.
                  It doesn't surprise me that likelihood for use of lethal force is just as likely, even shitty people who like to bully people (whether racial bias is a factor or not) aren't necessarily psychopathic murderers. It also doesn't surprise that non lethal use of force is higher.

Even when the police said that civilians were compliant, blacks experienced more force.
                  I imagine even white suspects who are compliant, but for whatever reason the LEO in question was angry that day (dick dipped in the water while he was taking a shit at the 7/11, fight with SO etc.), receive excessive non lethal force to some extent after compliance or subdual. It just happens now that there is statistical evidence for greater use of non lethal force towards black subjects.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=702

I imagine there's also a trend of more police interaction for otherwise law abiding black citizens as well. These are the Bureau of Justice Statistics page on traffic stops. According to BJS black drivers were more likely to be stopped than white or Hispanic, and black and Hispanic drivers stopped were more likely to be searched in the given year.

Comment

Photo from a BLM related protest here in London. That's a message I can get behind.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X