NHK special on Maasaki Hatsumi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
    I'd like a little follow up clarification of that particular gem...

Or is that quote referring to Takamatsu? Not that I think it would be any less suspect, but it's far enough in the past that it's nearly impossible to fact check. Which seems to be the ninjer MO.
    It appears to be Hatsumi. Before this little nugget, it says the he [Hatsumi] began ninjering at age 27 and inherited the system(s) after 15 years training. It doesn't say when he began or ended his legendary journey.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cake of Doom View Post
      It appears to be Hatsumi. Before this little nugget, it says the he [Hatsumi] began ninjering at age 27 and inherited the system(s) after 15 years training. It doesn't say when he began or ended his legendary journey.
      In his mind? Maybe it was s ninja mind power thing. Fighting without fighting and all that!

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
        In his mind? Maybe it was s ninja mind power thing. Fighting without fighting and all that!
        LOL if I'd have known that was a valid option, I'd be an intercontinental champ of something or other by now.
        Train hard, fight easy.

Comment

Between this and the Ashida Kim thread in YMAS, I'm glad the Bullshido classics are still going strong!
          Last edited by datdamnmachine; 7/07/2016 2:53pm, . Reason: Because one does not comment on a forum threat...

Comment

Originally posted by datdamnmachine View Post
            Between this and the Ashida Kim thread in YMAS, I'm glad the Bullshido classics are still going strong!
            It's easy when the source material never ends.
            Train hard, fight easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cake of Doom View Post
              From http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/sp...201607/02.html

Originally posted by NHKWorld
              Masaaki Hatsumi, 84 years old, is a living ninja in modern times.

As the grandmaster of Togakure-ryu, an amazing legacy of ninja's martial arts, left and remained throughout the history of 900 years, has drawn attention from FBI and other government agencies as ultimate survival skills of dodging enemy attacks and saving one's life.

Most of Hatsumi's disciples and his followers are estimated at more than 100,000 in the world. His ninjutsu is now even taught at the university in California as a regular course. At age of 27, Hatsumi became an apprentice of a ninjutsu mentor and inherited the position after 15 years of grueling training. He bolstered his reputation during his journey abroad, with fierce fighters and soldiers being no match for him. We will look at the life of the world-renowned grandmaster and his legendary techniques in wonder.
              (emphasis mine)

Screenshot:

Anyone from U of Cali confirm the ninjerness of the place? What's the name of the course and how many units?

Comment

Well, note that it doesn't actually say "the University OF California," so it doesn't necessarily have to be a school in the UC system.

Maybe they're referring to Van Donk's outfit?
                http://www.bushindo.com/
                That's in California, and it has the word "university" in it.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if they were talking about a place that just happened to have university in the name. I don't know if it would be considered unusual in Japan for someone to just be able to put the word "University of X" or "X University" in their business name and not require accreditation.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X