A navy seal on self defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
    No its pretty different though I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of relation.
    One is the in ability to really recall what certain faces look like, the other is the inability to read emotions on faces.
    I have zero issues with reading emotions on faces.
    Take the face blindness test from the bottom link and you will see what I mean, they are just faces of famous people and you see if you can tell who they are.
    If I saw a picture of my daughter or wife in the same manner I may or may not be able to identify it.
    Unlike the more extreme cases I can ID people pretty easily but its a mixture of seeing their face, hearing their voice, seeing their posture and so on and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
      No its pretty different though I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of relation.
      agreed 100%
      If I saw a picture of my daughter or wife in the same manner I may or may not be able to identify it.
      Unlike the more extreme cases I can ID people pretty easily but its a mixture of seeing their face, hearing their voice, seeing their posture and so on and so forth.
      for me it is all about the body language and height to shoulder ratio then its large details like hair length and color,and posture. I can pick people I know well out of a crowd with eerie precision, long before people with perfect vision can.

I can pick family out of head shots but I don't recognize them often when they are fully in frame ( torso head and/or more) with other family members or similarly built people. It is so hard to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
        for me it is all about the body language and height to shoulder ratio then its large details like hair length and color,and posture. I can pick people I know well out of a crowd with eerie precision, long before people with perfect vision can.
        For me a lot of that stuff is going to be how I ID people, if I am say watching a movie though, its going to be the voice of an actor or actress that is going to give it away to me. Its kind of nice though really, I mean it makes exasperating characters from actors pretty easy.

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
        I can pick family out of head shots but I don't recognize them often when they are fully in frame ( torso head and/or more) with other family members or similarly built people. It is so hard to explain.
        Sounds like you are a bit further down the spectrum than I am, I am at the point where it has little impact on my life I am fairly good at IDing people through all the methods we mentioned above and probably a bunch more that I rarely don't know who someone is that I deal with, with any sort of regularity.
        Its more of an interesting tidbit for me than a real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
          For me a lot of that stuff is going to be how I ID people, if I am say watching a movie though, its going to be the voice of an actor or actress that is going to give it away to me. Its kind of nice though really, I mean it makes exasperating characters from actors pretty easy.

Sounds like you are a bit further down the spectrum than I am, I am at the point where it has little impact on my life I am fairly good at IDing people through all the methods we mentioned above and probably a bunch more that I rarely don't know who someone is that I deal with, with any sort of regularity.
          Its more of an interesting tidbit for me than a real problem.
          I function... people just think I am more of a distant and cold dick than I really am.

I am not better than you, ashamed of you, or ignoring you... I just have no clue who you are when I look right through you and walk by.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X