Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats happening to karate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    whats happening to karate

    News Article Title
    whats happening to karate
    News Article Content
    Whats the point in kata???? I understand it can help develop memory co-ordination and self confidence ...make new friends hmmmm! some of the moves seem exagurated in the kata that arent effective, take for example Gedan Bari where its used to fend off leg kicks or maybe a wrist grab, when training in kata the movement is more exagurated..WHY? in a real senario you step off to the side then block or do this simutaneously. I never did much sparring in shotokan and got my ass battered at school but thats a another story for another forum. Karate came from okinowa and adapted from kung fu. Yet in the Katas there are no Parry's like in wing chun (Ving Tsun) such as huen sao. Wing chun and thai boxing has similarites. the point im trying to make in a confrontational situation and shit goes down god forbid! learning kata and learning to pull punches, your heal is on the ground and you punch from the hip youd get puched around in a boxing match, dont you realise that, that shit weill get you killed in the street. Isnt karate then becoming kickboxing if you start parrying or bobbing and weaving, how can you rely on kata pretending to fight invisible opponents, or has karate got two sides like tai chi the soft side and fighting side. exept the soft side in tai chi would work in a real situation...Maybe! After all karate seems cool, sounds cool and people will want to challege you or see your karate, peole now days are hooked on MMA.
    don't even get me started on tae kwon do. Tae kwon do sounds cool. all the effective arts have crap names such as boxing, muai thai, Mixed martial arts, if you said twenty years ago I do mixed martial arts youd sound like you were talking out your arse. The only time karate looked awesome was in the cobra kai dojo ( classic) I dont get the kata bit of karate!
    Attached Files

    #2
    Oh penis,

    You came and you gave without taking,

    But I sent you away,

    Oh penis,

    You kissed me and kept me from shaking,

    And I need you today,

    Oh penis!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
      Oh penis,

      You came and you gave without taking,

      But I sent you away,

      Oh penis,

      You kissed me and kept me from shaking,

      And I need you today,

      Oh penis!
      So, HM, you are now posting crap using sock puppet and then replying to yourself ?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BKR View Post
        So, HM, you are now posting crap using sock puppet and then replying to yourself ?
        Nope, that's how I got banned (Although it's not off the table for me to do that again, though).

        This looks like a real one. I convinced Phrost to do away with the probationary period for new members, which now means any asshole can just join and start rocketing off amazing posts like this without having a mod review them first. Expect A LOT more.

        Edit: For reference, go to the absolute last few pages of YMAS and look at all the threads there. Believe it or not, there was once a time when all the insane posts on here WEREN'T written by me. This used to be pretty run-of-the-mill.
        Last edited by Holy Moment; 6/22/2016 6:02pm, .

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
          Nope, that's how I got banned (Although it's not off the table for me to do that again, though).

          This looks like a real one. I convinced Phrost to do away with the probationary period for new members, which now means any asshole can just join and start rocketing off amazing posts like this without having a mod review them first. Expect A LOT more.

          Edit: For reference, go to the absolute last few pages of YMAS and look at all the threads there. Believe it or not, there was once a time when all the insane posts on here WEREN'T written by me. This used to be pretty run-of-the-mill.
          Uh huh...

          Comment


            #6
            Are people going to be tentative to sandbag trolls/re-res because they expect them to actually be me?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by BKR View Post
              Uh huh...
              Technically he is not wrong there.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                Are people going to be tentative to sandbag trolls/re-res because they expect them to actually be me?
                Well you see this here
                Originally posted by Green T View Post
                News Article Title
                whats happening to karate
                News Article Content
                Whats the point in kata???? I understand it can help develop memory co-ordination and self confidence ...make new friends hmmmm! some of the moves seem exagurated in the kata that arent effective, take for example Gedan Bari where its used to fend off leg kicks or maybe a wrist grab, when training in kata the movement is more exagurated..WHY? in a real senario you step off to the side then block or do this simutaneously. I never did much sparring in shotokan and got my ass battered at school but thats a another story for another forum. Karate came from okinowa and adapted from kung fu. Yet in the Katas there are no Parry's like in wing chun (Ving Tsun) such as huen sao. Wing chun and thai boxing has similarites. the point im trying to make in a confrontational situation and shit goes down god forbid! learning kata and learning to pull punches, your heal is on the ground and you punch from the hip youd get puched around in a boxing match, dont you realise that, that shit weill get you killed in the street. Isnt karate then becoming kickboxing if you start parrying or bobbing and weaving, how can you rely on kata pretending to fight invisible opponents, or has karate got two sides like tai chi the soft side and fighting side. exept the soft side in tai chi would work in a real situation...Maybe! After all karate seems cool, sounds cool and people will want to challege you or see your karate, peole now days are hooked on MMA.
                don't even get me started on tae kwon do. Tae kwon do sounds cool. all the effective arts have crap names such as boxing, muai thai, Mixed martial arts, if you said twenty years ago I do mixed martial arts youd sound like you were talking out your arse. The only time karate looked awesome was in the cobra kai dojo ( classic) I dont get the kata bit of karate!
                is wut we here normally call a shit post. and them there shit posts usually get ignored cause ... like yeah dude ... we know ... Cobra Kai is the good guy and kata sucks and sparring and mutual benefit ... shut the fuck up, ignore the shit posts looking for an echo chamber ...

                ...

                fuck I just did it didn't I ...

                damn it ..

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                  Are people going to be tentative to sandbag trolls/re-res because they expect them to actually be me?
                  You have trolled a lot here and elsewhere, and also written some funny stuff as well.

                  So it's case by case to me.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It's summer. School's out, and every year there's a whole slew of new teeny-bopper wannabes that drop turds all over the forums, like so many urban pigeons. It would be the perfect time for HM to troll, because the SNR is relatively low. But, he has an insatiable ego, so I actually expect him to not be engaging in questionable posting practices, at this time - it would be a waste of his talents.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      School's out, and every year there's a whole slew of new teeny-bopper wannabes that drop turds all over the forums
                      But not so much recently, which is one of the main reasons I convinced Phrost to put more lax restrictions on new posters. I WANT more re-re posts on Bullshido, it's one of the elements that made this site so fun circa 2005.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                        It's summer. School's out, and every year there's a whole slew of new teeny-bopper wannabes that drop turds all over the forums, like so many urban pigeons.
                        I think teenage me started this thread. So basically not much has changed.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                          I convinced Phrost to do away with the probationary period for new members
                          I call bullshit. I heard Phrost has been dead for like 2 1/2 years.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Devil View Post
                            I heard Phrost has been dead for like 2 1/2 years.
                            It's true. I identified the corpse.
                            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Huh. Who would have thought?

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X