Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I found the new real wing chun guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_N_Fbzvic

I noticed their facebook described this as a 'subtle' art when it looks nothing as such

the weapons look interesting but seems to be more contact based than wing chun

It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

Comment

The weapons made me think of that movie, Gaurdians

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...1451925325006/

meanwhile some of the hand stuff seems just... what???

Comment

Originally posted by Guird View Post
        It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

There are?? Proof please as I have yet to see an "alive" version of the chun.

Comment

They seem to have a reasonable emphasize on fitness but apart from that it looks like a pure performance art. One of the guys is duel wielding Star Trek Bat'leths.

If that's what they're going for then great, they might be able to train a Z list version of Jet Lee but for self defence it looks pretty useless.

Comment

LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
              LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.
              What's "you fight how you train" in Klingon?
              "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
              DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
              Originally posted by Devil
              Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
              Originally posted by Plasma
              At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
              Originally posted by SoulMechanic
              Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                BILL HICKS,
                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                  I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.
                  You had me at thrusting.
                  "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                  DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                  Originally posted by Devil
                  Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                  Originally posted by Plasma
                  At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                  Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                  Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

You had me at thrusting.
                    You don't find any of that snappy shit coming from a Klingon. They commit.
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I don't see the issue.

These guys and gals have excellent taste http://www.wtcollectionshowroom.com/store/index.html
                      BILL HICKS,
                      1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                        I don't see the issue.

These guys and gals have excellent taste http://www.wtcollectionshowroom.com/store/index.html
                        I've heard you can make excellent Molotovs with Mason jars...
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                          I've heard you can make excellent Molotovs with Mason jars...
                          Why would you do such a thing?

I couldn't find any other references to Wing Tai that made sense ...
                          BILL HICKS,
                          1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Ever since seeing Jackie Chan work a wooden dummy in Rumble in the Bronx, I have always thought they look and sound super cool to train with. Especially with quick edits and proper sound effects.

That's my positive thought for the day.

Comment

chay' Do'qu' SoH SoH ghob
                              The masters perfected Karate. What fool is there today that can step forward and perfect perfection -- From the introduction to the book "Shoto-Kan Karate-The Ultimate in Self-Defense" written by Peter Ventresca

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X