• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speaks Softly View Post
    chay' Do'qu' SoH SoH ghob
    She's making it up!

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
      the weapons look interesting
      With melee weapons there is usually an inverse correlation between how "interesting" a weapon looks and how effective it is.

I'd be far more scared of this:

Than this:

Beyond hand protection making weapons more complicated will usually result in making them too heavy, fragile or dangerous to the weilder.

Flashy techniques like duel weilding and spinning attacks are usually a bad idea too. Spins like these guys do leave you way too vulnerable and there are simply better options than duel wielding such as using a shield or a longer more powerful two handed weapon.

Judging from what I've seen I could probably take out their whole dojo with a 5ft stick.

Originally posted by Cake of Doom View Post
      She's making it up!
      Nope:
      http://tradukka.com/translate/en/tlh?hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Giant View Post
        With melee weapons there is usually an inverse correlation between how "interesting" a weapon looks and how effective it is.

I'd be far more scared of this:

Than this:

Beyond hand protection making weapons more complicated will usually result in making them too heavy, fragile or dangerous to the weilder.

Flashy techniques like duel weilding and spinning attacks are usually a bad idea too. Spins like these guys do leave you way too vulnerable and there are simply better options than duel wielding such as using a shield or a longer more powerful two handed weapon.

Judging from what I've seen I could probably take out their whole dojo with a 5ft stick.

Nope:
        http://tradukka.com/translate/en/tlh?hl=en
        What's better generally, two handed sword or sword and shield?

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
          Wait wait wait. That has to be contexualized. Are we talking medieval battlefield or zombie apocalypse?

Might make a difference.

Comment

It's subject to a lot of debate.

The shield user is at an advantage if they can close distance but the longsworder isn't going to make it easy. I wouldn't like to say one way or the other.

Also depends on what armour is being used, size of the shield and how much reach advantage the longsworder has.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Giant View Post

They seem to have a reasonable emphasize on fitness but apart from that it looks like a pure performance art. One of the guys is duel wielding Star Trek Bat'leths.

If that's what they're going for then great, they might be able to train a Z list version of Jet Lee but for self defence it looks pretty useless.
              It's one of the funniest videos I've seen for a martial art for a long time. The weapons section was particularly funny. It's so Larpy it's unreal, which also makes it genius.

Comment

Their big curvy blade thing seems to curve the opposite direction of the bat'leth, and there's some other s curve one. I wonder if they smithed any actual bladed versions of the thing. It'd be kind of interesting to see some test cutting.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                    Their big curvy blade thing seems to curve the opposite direction of the bat'leth, and there's some other s curve one. I wonder if they smithed any actual bladed versions of the thing. It'd be kind of interesting to see some test cutting.
                    I assumed he was just holding it wrong lol.

I'm sure a steel version would certainly cut well but way to heavy and short range to be an effective weapon.

I'm wondering if the "weapon is modular. Haven't been able to find it online.

Comment

wing chun works is ssef defense style krav maga and miliutary combatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                        wing chun works is ssef defense style krav maga and miliutary combatives.
                        You typed that with your penis, didn't you?

He typed that with his penis.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                          You typed that with your penis, didn't you?

He typed that with his penis.
                          Hay, f*ckface, kids read these site.

Comment

So you add modern weaponry to wing chun and you can make a decent chicken kebab? Can I use pak sou to mould the bread dough?

Comment

Hay, f*ckface, kids read these site.
                              P*nis

Comment

Better for who? Better for what? It's kind of like asking which MA is best.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X