Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I found the new real wing chun guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_N_Fbzvic

I noticed their facebook described this as a 'subtle' art when it looks nothing as such

the weapons look interesting but seems to be more contact based than wing chun

It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

Comment

The weapons made me think of that movie, Gaurdians

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...1451925325006/

meanwhile some of the hand stuff seems just... what???

Comment

Originally posted by Guird View Post
        It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

There are?? Proof please as I have yet to see an "alive" version of the chun.

Comment

They seem to have a reasonable emphasize on fitness but apart from that it looks like a pure performance art. One of the guys is duel wielding Star Trek Bat'leths.

If that's what they're going for then great, they might be able to train a Z list version of Jet Lee but for self defence it looks pretty useless.

Comment

LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
              LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.
              What's "you fight how you train" in Klingon?

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                  I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.
                  You had me at thrusting.

Comment

You had me at thrusting.
                    You don't find any of that snappy shit coming from a Klingon. They commit.

Comment

I don't see the issue.

These guys and gals have excellent taste http://www.wtcollectionshowroom.com/store/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                        I don't see the issue.

These guys and gals have excellent taste http://www.wtcollectionshowroom.com/store/index.html
                        I've heard you can make excellent Molotovs with Mason jars...
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                          I've heard you can make excellent Molotovs with Mason jars...
                          Why would you do such a thing?

I couldn't find any other references to Wing Tai that made sense ...

Comment

Ever since seeing Jackie Chan work a wooden dummy in Rumble in the Bronx, I have always thought they look and sound super cool to train with. Especially with quick edits and proper sound effects.

That's my positive thought for the day.

Comment

chay' Do'qu' SoH SoH ghob

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X