Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I found the new real wing chun guys

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I think I found the new real wing chun guys

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_N_Fbzvic

    I noticed their facebook described this as a 'subtle' art when it looks nothing as such

    the weapons look interesting but seems to be more contact based than wing chun

    #2
    It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

    To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

    Comment


      #3
      The weapons made me think of that movie, Gaurdians

      http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...1451925325006/

      meanwhile some of the hand stuff seems just... what???

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Guird View Post
        It looks like someone thought the chun wasn't stupid enough already, so decided to add in spinning haymakers ([email protected] the alternating spinning hammerfists) and weapons that make no sense. Unless It's supposed to be a performance art? I guess its ok in that sense.

        To be fair in another clip which turned up in the reccomended I saw a few seconds of what could be sparring, but even that looked fairly compliant and low-contact. There are a number of regular chun schools which do a much better job of incorporating aliveness.

        There are?? Proof please as I have yet to see an "alive" version of the chun.

        Comment


          #5


          They seem to have a reasonable emphasize on fitness but apart from that it looks like a pure performance art. One of the guys is duel wielding Star Trek Bat'leths.

          If that's what they're going for then great, they might be able to train a Z list version of Jet Lee but for self defence it looks pretty useless.

          Comment


            #6
            LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by submessenger View Post
              LOL at the foam Bat'leth as a weapon, especially because they are still "pulling their punches," with it.
              What's "you fight how you train" in Klingon?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                What's "you fight how you train" in Klingon?
                I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                  I think it's a right straight,a thrusting front kick and then a double hammerfist to the spine.
                  You had me at thrusting.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                    You had me at thrusting.
                    You don't find any of that snappy shit coming from a Klingon. They commit.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I don't see the issue.

                      These guys and gals have excellent taste http://www.wtcollectionshowroom.com/store/index.html

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                        I don't see the issue.

                        These guys and gals have excellent taste http://www.wtcollectionshowroom.com/store/index.html
                        I've heard you can make excellent Molotovs with Mason jars...
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                          I've heard you can make excellent Molotovs with Mason jars...
                          Why would you do such a thing?

                          I couldn't find any other references to Wing Tai that made sense ...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Ever since seeing Jackie Chan work a wooden dummy in Rumble in the Bronx, I have always thought they look and sound super cool to train with. Especially with quick edits and proper sound effects.

                            That's my positive thought for the day.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                              What's "you fight how you train" in Klingon?
                              chay' Do'qu' SoH SoH ghob

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X