Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Extremist Shooting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes because our political systems are different. If we compared the MP system strictly to congress it'd be a different list. The list you provided includes presidents, a sheriff, judges, governors, mayors, a chairman, a former delegate, a city supervisor and a state supreme court justice.
    The list CPF provided only uses SERVING MPs assassinated.
    Firstly, you're right our political system is different; for one thing our prime minister is also a serving MP, which makes the inclusion of presidents pretty irrelevant.
    Secondly, even if you just count up senators and state representatives the american list is still longer.
    Thirdly, here's a list of all UK politicians assassinated, not just serving MPs:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...sh_politicians
    and it's still shorter than your list.
    Our politicians just don't get killed as often
    (oh and in case you were going to bring up our relative populations congress is actually smaller than the UK parliament)

    But yeah you're right, it wasn't a very fair comparison, I apologise.
    Last edited by Mandem; 6/17/2016 11:25am, .

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
      i am very interested as to how attitudes change over there in the face of greater polarization of the population and the (IMO probable) increase in attacks by extremists. i would expect police to be the first to demand arms as they are the biggest targets (and they have the easiest route to arming themselves, AFAIK any officer can apply to be armed, it seems that for the moment most do not.)
      Our armed Police are under extreme scrutiny at all times and if even one shot is fired by an officer they're suspended immediately and the ensuing enquiry is usually messy and sometimes the officer can end up on a murder charge. They oddly receive little support and it's one of the reasons why that job role is so unpopular, so I'm told anyway.

      Another reason is escalation. If our cops are armed, criminal organisations will rush to arm themselves overnight and obvious cluster fucks would ensue. I know this sounds counter intuitive to nations with fully armed police but it does actually work.

      It's not as vulnerable as it sounds though, the UK spent decades perfecting covert armed units to deal with the IRA and they still work today.

      You're right about the threat of terrorism here though, wherever people stand on the inclusion of such a large amount of immigrants into the country, good or bad it is a security nightmare and will almost certainly cause dramas, and I mean big dramas, somewhere down the line.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
        Can you just do a little research before you open your fucking cock holster dude?

        Please? Pretty Please?



        I was describing MY PERSONAL choice and the reasons I FEEL I would need to CC.
        Un bunch your panties butt fist. Say pretty please again and tell me more about how you FEEL. That's just precious.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by BKR View Post
          Your sarcasm/irony detector seems to be broken...
          It's been a rough week. I'll work on that

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by rnc357 View Post
            Un bunch your panties butt fist. Say pretty please again and tell me more about how you FEEL. That's just precious.
            I knew I could get you hard. Please stop sending me pics.
            Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/17/2016 3:12pm, . Reason: illiteracy

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
              I know I could get you hard. Please stop sending me pics.
              Must be someone else. I can barley figure out how post words and ad links. You sound like a beautiful, intelligent and interesting lady though. I'm sure I could teach you to handle a gun.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by rnc357 View Post
                Must be someone else. I can barley figure out how post words and ad links. You sound like a beautiful, intelligent and interesting lady though. I'm sure I could teach you to handle a gun.
                Awwww. You found my throw down pictures with my long hair! Sexy huh?

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
                  You're right about the threat of terrorism here though, wherever people stand on the inclusion of such a large amount of immigrants into the country, good or bad it is a security nightmare and will almost certainly cause dramas, and I mean big dramas, somewhere down the line.
                  oh i dunno, the immigration of a huge number of refugees who had zero interest in assimilating into the society that they were arriving in (at the time called southern syria, aka "palestine") went exceedingly well when it happened post WWII, with absolutely no instability brought to the region and no repercussions to the world at large. i'm sure the UK/europe will be *fine*. /s

                  BTW, in case you forget, i'm a jew, and making this comparison never fails to get me verbally attacked in liberal NYC, despite it being just about the most relevant example i can think of to the current problem.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
                    oh i dunno, the immigration of a huge number of refugees who had zero interest in assimilating into the society that they were arriving in (at the time called southern syria, aka "palestine") went exceedingly well when it happened post WWII, with absolutely no instability brought to the region and no repercussions to the world at large. i'm sure the UK/europe will be *fine*. /s

                    BTW, in case you forget, i'm a jew, and making this comparison never fails to get me verbally attacked in liberal NYC, despite it being just about the most relevant example i can think of to the current problem.
                    Interestingly, actualisation of terror threats (i.e. actual attacks) is still predominately caused by Northern Irish terrorism, Islamist terror being considerably lower down on the list in the UK.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Bar Humbug View Post
                      Interestingly, actualisation of terror threats (i.e. actual attacks) is still predominately caused by Northern Irish terrorism, Islamist terror being considerably lower down on the list in the UK.
                      i have faith in the radical islamists, give them some time the irish have a huge head start!

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
                        i have faith in the radical islamists, give them some time the irish have a huge head start!
                        I imagine blowing things up is funner when your drunk. It makes sense the Irish would excel there.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                          I imagine blowing things up is funner when your drunk. It makes sense the Irish would excel there.

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X