Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't seen The Villain post in a while....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen The Villain post in a while....

Apparently, there is a reason:

https://pages.giveforward.com/emerge...e&ref=um_share

As some of you know our good friend and Jiu Jitsu instructor was savagely attacked by a hospital security team a few days ago and is currently being held against his will there. His fiancee Jaryn Finch was also battered during the incident but she is now meeting with several attorneys in order to have Jordan released.
    The hospital is holding him under the guise of "evaluation". Basically they want to keep him there for 20 days. I'm pretty sure this is illegal. You can't just decide to keep people no matter how badly you want to learn jiu jitsu. I'm making a donation to Jordan so that he can get a real attorney and get released from the hospital where he was jumped by security guards. Attorney's are super expensive but in this case I really believe it's important to get him out sooner rather than later. Jordan Tabor has spent his career teaching both adults and children to be positive members of their community through Jiu Jitsu. He's taught both at Redline Fight Sports and at the Harvard Jiu Jitsu club. He's a great instructor and does not deserve to be treated this way without due process. Please make a donation to help someone we all learned a great deal from.

That's pretty strange. Here at least, putting somebody on a "mental hold" has to be ordered by a judge, and they don't just pull it out of their ass, either. Law Enforcement is involved, reports are written, hearing(s) are held.

So something more happened than just Jordan getting jumped at the hospital and held by the evil forces of modern medicine.

He should get a court appointed attorney, as well, as a matter of course.

Comment

I briefly checked the Mass law, it says (paraphrasing) a person can be held for up to 3 days involuntarily, and basically indefinitely after that, if there are ongoing concerns.

In Florida, we call it the Baker Act. IIRC, down here you need 2 or 3 close friends/relatives to sign off, and boom - you're in a padded room.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Not to be a dick but this certainly sounds like something that would happen to him, and some how its going to be loosely related to the IBJJF...

Comment

Is there a chance Carlson Gracie Jr is involved? I wonder if the cost of his release is $2000?

Comment

So... I wonder what led up to the incident to begin with?

Comment

His "this is what I did while bouncing last night," posts are sure harm his defense. If any of those are remotely true, I'm kinda surprised there isn't news footage of whatever happened to get him sequestered.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                I briefly checked the Mass law, it says (paraphrasing) a person can be held for up to 3 days involuntarily, and basically indefinitely after that, if there are ongoing concerns.

In Florida, we call it the Baker Act. IIRC, down here you need 2 or 3 close friends/relatives to sign off, and boom - you're in a padded room.
                No court involvement ? Loss of civil liberty so easily only on MD or family say so?

And people get pissed about gun control...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  No court involvement ? Loss of civil liberty so easily only on MD or family say so?

And people get pissed about gun control...
                  The Mass. law does have provisions for challenging. Not sure about FL, but that's irrelevant because he's not here.

(edit) https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Gener...r123/Section12

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                    So... I wonder what led up to the incident to begin with?
                    I did a brief search of Boston area court records using "Jordan Tabor" as the search term. However, there are a lot of different courts in the Boston area, and didn't make it through even half of them.

Also, not sure if it would be District, Municipal, or Superior court that would be involved.

Comment

I wonder how many "hospital security guards" he took down before they got him under control ?

Comment

I did a brief search of Boston area court records using "Jordan Tabor" as the search term. However, there are a lot of different courts in the Boston area, and didn't make it through even half of them.

Also, not sure if it would be District, Municipal, or Superior court that would be involved.
                        The way I read it, it may not even be in the courts.

Comment

...You can't just decide to keep people no matter how badly you want to learn jiu jitsu.
                          Kidnapped by a hospital security team because they want to be taught jits? Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                            Not to be a dick but this certainly sounds like something that would happen to him, and some how its going to be loosely related to the IBJJF...
                            His self promotion to black belt started right about the age where schizophrenia really starts manifesting hard. You mix that predisposition with psychoactive drugs and people can easily loose their grip on things.

I know several people that were admitted to psych. Hospitals. A couple were family, none were mentally stable.

Comment

I wonder how many "hospital security guards" he took down before they got him under control ?
                              That day those boys had to earn their money if he didn't wanna go quietly.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X