The worst way to lose, also a pretty crummy way to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
    Did it in my 50s, got 3rd in Edmonton a couple years ago. It wasn't too bad, worlds I'm sure is much more intense.
    I competed in Masters from 34 years old on up to 44. It was intense for sure. World masters at those ages is fucking insane. I would have been used like a rag to clean the tatami at that level at those ages at world masters.

Comment

Hey Ben I have a new move for you to master for BJJ
      https://www.facebook.com/Brazilian.J...3856278703929/

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        So, really, I don't think the BJJ rules (IBJJF at least) are simpler/less complex.
        I took a ibjjf ref course so I could register my black belt and have my school registered to sign certificates instead of having things done at the behest of someone else....... but I am really having trouble scratching that $400 check..... so I haven't done it yet.
        Anyway, what I realized is a lot of refs don't know the rules or call them right. Like, there are supposed to be separate points awarded for back mount(two knees on the ground & uke face down) and back control(hooks in). 4 points each. Back mount never gets called separate from back control.
        God forbid if you're an American and going against someone the ref has some sort of ties to. You better kill them.....
        The rules are tricky in both but both simple at the core.
        Last edited by Raycetpfl; 6/11/2016 7:22am, .

Comment

And this is that time...
          What did I say that's incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
            I took a ibjjf ref course so I could register my black belt and have my school registered to sign certificates instead of having things done at the behest of someone else....... but I am really having trouble scratching that $400 check..... so I haven't done it yet.
            Anyway, what I realized is a lot of refs don't know the rules or call them right. Like, there are supposed to be separate points awarded for back mount(two knees on the ground & uke face down) and back control(hooks in). 4 points each. Back mount never gets called separate from back control.
            God forbid if you're an American and going against someone the ref has some sort of ties to. You better kill them.....
            The rules are tricky in both but both simple at the core.
            I used the phrase "Register my black belt with the ibjjf for $400". More accurately it's $400 to "Certify" my black belt so i can basically have my own school/team compete at ibjjf events at some point. You have to be cpr certified, clean back ground check and attend a rules seminar. I am a registered IBJJF Black Belt Competitor and that cost $30 a year. For that $30 you get a spiffy plastic ID that says Black Belt and has your Picture on it.
            I know there is a lot of confusion on how being an ibjjf black belt works due the person always writing about it not being one. Thought I would just be a bit more specific.
            Last edited by Raycetpfl; 6/11/2016 9:42am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              I used the phrase "Register my black belt with the ibjjf for $400". More accurately it's $400 to "Certify" my black belt so i can basically have my own school/team compete at ibjjf events at some point. You have to be cpr certified, clean back ground check and attend a rules seminar. I am a registered IBJJF Black Belt Competitor and that cost $30 a year. For that $30 you get a spiffy plastic ID that says Black Belt and has your Picture on it.
              I know there is a lot of confusion on how being an ibjjf black belt works due the person always writing about it not being one. Thought I would just be a bit more specific.
              Lol burn.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                Hey Ben I have a new move for you to master for BJJ
                https://www.facebook.com/Brazilian.J...3856278703929/
                I used to do a lot of ankle picks (Kibisu Gaeshi), but never off a fake Tomoe Nage/Guard Pull. That was pretty amazing.

Comment

I used to do a lot of ankle picks (Kibisu Gaeshi), but never off a fake Tomoe Nage/Guard Pull. That was pretty amazing.

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X