Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would other martial artists (Karate, Aikido..) be thinking about Jiu-Jitsu when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would other martial artists (Karate, Aikido..) be thinking about Jiu-Jitsu when

http://www.facebook.com/brazilianjiu...4151886176774/

Ok so I stole the title from BJJ Eastern Europe facebook page.
    While I lenjoy this sorts of BJJ it to me was a good question.
    Of course the tag line with the video
    -Jeff Glover Dance-Jitsu! Don't be fooled by his monkeying around. This man is very dangerous!
    Is very true
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/brazilianjiu...4151886176774/

Ok so I stole the title from BJJ Eastern Europe facebook page.
    While I lenjoy this sorts of BJJ it to me was a good question.
    Of course the tag line with the video
    -Jeff Glover Dance-Jitsu! Don't be fooled by his monkeying around. This man is very dangerous!
    Is very true
    B.J.J- Bullshit. Just Like. Judo

I definitely play a different game and style than Jeff, but he's awesome. He's a great instructor and seems to be really well liked in the Bjj world. His web show "Glover's Travels" was awesome.

He plays the game with the rules given. I doubt he is incapable of fighting mma, but he is not gonna be as sharp with the basics that will work in all areas of combat as a Kron or The 209 would be .
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 6/01/2016 9:55am, .
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      B.J.J- Bullshit. Just Like. Judo

I definitely play a different game and style than Jeff, but he's awesome. He's a great instructor and seems to be really well liked in the Bjj world. His web show "Glover's Travels" was awesome.
      Yeah and now he Teaches with Dean Lister! The guy is really nice and fun.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Yeah and now he Teaches with Dean Lister! The guy is really nice and fun.
        His instructionals are fantastic.
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

The guy is very good at what he does and I have no issue with this style of grappling except when a skinny white belt tries that on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            The guy is very good at what he does and I have no issue with this style of grappling except when a skinny white belt tries that on me.
            What about a Fat Purple Belt?

Comment

You never know what to expect with a guy like Jeff Glover.
              He is a master trick fighter.
              And, like most trick fighters,
              Very difficult to catch a submission on.
              And, likely to submit you following your own faulty submission attempt
              after lulling you into thinking you were in a good place.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                Thanks for that - I remember watching a bunch of episodes on youtube a few years back, but forgot the name.
                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                  What about a Fat Purple Belt?
                  We do not have any of these around here.

Comment

I much rather watch the Jeff Glover Ass Hattery than this sort of Ass Hatiness
                    http://www.facebook.com/pt.roninwear...7168818340847/

Comment

I much rather watch the Jeff Glover Ass Hattery than this sort of Ass Hatiness
                      http://www.facebook.com/pt.roninwear...7168818340847/

Really?
                      What didn't you like about that?

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                        Really?
                        What didn't you like about that?
                        On the off chance your not being sarcastic.
                        The skill set is obviously good, but its pretty fucking douchie for the guy to not even attempt to actually finish the fight.
                        To purposely get out of position to get back into position to score more points.

Comment

The skill set is obviously good, but its pretty fucking douchie for the guy to not even attempt to actually finish the fight.
                          To purposely get out of position to get back into position to score more points.
                          He submitted him.
                          You might as well get pissed at the other guy for losing so bad, lol...
                          Why shouldn't he drag it out?
                          He probably wants the time on the mat and that shows a shitload of confidence to back out and re-engage imo.

Comment

WEll, that's higher percentage than going for a submission...

The same sort of tactical stuff goes on in Judo matches at higher levels of competition and experience. Yeah, you SHOULD go for ippon all the time, even if you are way ahead on points, but...
                            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Also, there's no
                              "Well he got lucky..."
                              happening when you tool someone for several minutes before you decide to submit them at your leisure.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X