X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robson Moura vs Street Fighter

Lulz.

https://www.facebook.com/bjjforum/vi...4642563985062/

The bald tattoed fat guy is the famous Florida Man, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
      The bald tattoed fat guy is the famous Florida Man, isn't he?
      I believe he is what is known as a "Juggalo".
      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Very impressive, albeit expected outcome. Would've been cooler to watch them actually fight (like with strikes and stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
          I believe he is what is known as a "Juggalo".
          Jughead probably more appropriate; also, he probably had more than a few ounces of liquid courage before he showed up at RM's. Too bad he didn't show up at your place, instead :)
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
            Jughead probably more appropriate; also, he probably had more than a few ounces of liquid courage before he showed up at RM's. Too bad he didn't show up at your place, instead :)
            I'm the small instructor, 6'4' HW. People are less likely to talk themselves into those kind of ideas with their head tilted up looking at their proposed opponent.
            Robson is like 5'5(this is a guess from meeting him) and slender. It doesn't seem human he could handle that guy so easily to the uninitiated, but obviously we knew how it was gonna go.
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              I'm the small instructor, 6'4' HW. People are less likely to talk themselves into those kind of ideas with their head tilted up looking at their proposed opponent.
              Robson is like 5'5(this is a guess from meeting him) and slender. It doesn't seem human he could handle that guy so easily to the uninitiated, but obviously we knew how it was gonna go.
              I guess that does make it more impressive to the uninitiated masses. I was just positing that you might have been a little less gentle with the guy, which would have been fun to watch. I was hoping, near the end of the video, we'd see tattoo man puke all over the mats.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Bit of a backstory coming out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comment...he_challenger/

I just talked with Robson and his black belt instructor Rodrigo (the guy who filmed) about the "challenger" off the street. This is what they told me happened. Btw, I train at Robson's and just finished noon training.

Rodrigo was finishing teaching kids class yesterday (Tuesday), and this guy comes in around 615pm. The guy was nice and talkative while he sat in the lobby talking with Robson's wife. Rodrigo finished teaching class and then made his way over to talk with him. The guy told Rodrigo how he's been in a lot of fights and something about bar fights with broken bottles and knives...Rodrigo said the guy wasn't aggressive during the conversation. He said it was like playful bragging...The guy continued saying something about crushing someones head in a fight with his bare-hands. Rodrigo was like no way...haha Then the guy continued saying how strong and badass he is...but in a playful manner of course.

Robson arrives at the gym around this time and sits down and listens to the conversation. The guy says something about how jiu-jitsu doesn't work or isn't effective. Then the guy offers Rodrigo $20 to fight him for 20 minutes. Robson then speaks up and says he'll fight if the guy agrees to sign-up for classes if he loses in 5 minutes. The guy then says how he travels a lot and can't commit to that. Then Robson says ok and agrees to the fight. At this point, it seems the guy doesn't know who Robson is and probably thinks Robson is Rodrigo's student.

The guy then goes to the bathroom and was in there for a long time. He then walks onto the mats and takes off his shirt. He sees Robson putting in his mouth piece, and then the guy says no punching or kicking, just grappling...Then you see what happens in the video.

Robson said he expected a real fight and realized the guy was just a big talker after the guillotine choke. Afterwards, the guy thanked Robson for not hurting him. Robson said he went to put his mouth-piece away in his office, and when he came back out to the lobby, the guy was leaving in his truck.
                2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
                #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Prof Robson is quiet, but world class.

Comment

Because "playful bragging" never turns into a fight. Result!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X