Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judo vs. Wrestling against heavier, stronger strikers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Wherever their wrestling tradition comes from, they sure kick ass at Judo at highest levels.

    Boots and pink speedos, though...
    That throw at 1:28. Do you use it and what is your favorite set up. I wanna be good at so bad! I do it off the double belt grab. Its still in my "lab" stage of training it. What's a good setup to use?
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      That throw at 1:28. Do you use it and what is your favorite set up. I wanna be good at so bad! I do it off the double belt grab. Its still in my "lab" stage of training it. What's a good setup to use?
      That isn't one I ever did, exactly. I DID do the Kashiwazaki-esque Hikkomi Gaeshi/Obi Tori Gaeshi (pulling reversal/belt grab reversal) type stuff standing and on the ground. For those, standing, you want your victim to be somewhat bent over. Standard advice is you want to see the top of his head (this is for over the back type gripping/entries/attacks). So either the guy is bent already, or you bend him over by gripping and pulling him over, usually by the collar (cross grip or normal grip, single or two handed).

      Good question...in judo terms I think it's a bit controversial as to a Judo-esque name. In Sambo/Russian Judo, the term "Khabareli" comes to mind as something similar. I'd guess similar movement exist in many traditions of ethnic wresltling/belt wrestling around the world.

      I'm thinking in general, it's a form of Hikkomi Gaeshi, especially if you use your knee or leg to lift.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shota_Khabareli

      And for some older-school Judo rules...might as well watch Mr. Khabareli demonstrate...


      Then there is this guy...


      From Sumo:


      Here is a video of Ura Nage (rear or back throw) from Judo. If you go to about :39 you can see some interesting variations that might give you some ideas. Not exactly the same, but similar.


      I have a copy of this book:
      Front Cover

      3 Reviews
      Write review
      KODOKAN JUDO:THROWING TECHNIQUES
      By Toshiro Daigo

      Somewhere, but I can't find it. I suggest you go and find a copy. It's out of print, but used ones are available. Daigo Sensei goes into some interesting stuff about throwing techniques, origins, and relations to other throws seen in competition Judo.

      I think you'd get quite a bit out of it, and it's not expensive.

      If you can read German, or Spanish, you might want to get those versions as the English version is abbridged and dumbed down, apparently.



      It could be a form of Hikkomi Gaeshi
      Last edited by BKR; 6/03/2016 10:35am, .
      Falling for Judo since 1980

      "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

      "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

      "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by BKR View Post
        That isn't one I ever did, exactly. I DID do the Kashiwazaki-esque Hikkomi Gaeshi/Obi Tori Gaeshi (pulling reversal/belt grab reversal) type stuff standing and on the ground. For those, standing, you want your victim to be somewhat bent over. Standard advice is you want to see the top of his head (this is for over the back type gripping/entries/attacks). So either the guy is bent already, or you bend him over by gripping and pulling him over, usually by the collar (cross grip or normal grip, single or two handed).

        Good question...in judo terms I think it's a bit controversial as to a Judo-esque name. In Sambo/Russian Judo, the term "Khabareli" comes to mind as something similar. I'd guess similar movement exist in many traditions of ethnic wresltling/belt wrestling around the world.

        I'm thinking in general, it's a form of Hikkomi Gaeshi, especially if you use your knee or leg to lift.

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shota_Khabareli

        And for some older-school Judo rules...might as well watch Mr. Khabareli demonstrate...


        Then there is this guy...


        From Sumo:


        Here is a video of Ura Nage (rear or back throw) from Judo. If you go to about :39 you can see some interesting variations that might give you some ideas. Not exactly the same, but similar.


        I have a copy of this book:
        Front Cover

        3 Reviews
        Write review
        KODOKAN JUDO:THROWING TECHNIQUES
        By Toshiro Daigo

        Somewhere, but I can't find it. I suggest you go and find a copy. It's out of print, but used ones are available. Daigo Sensei goes into some interesting stuff about throwing techniques, origins, and relations to other throws seen in competition Judo.

        I think you'd get quite a bit out of it, and it's not expensive.

        If you can read German, or Spanish, you might want to get those versions as the English version is abbridged and dumbed down, apparently.



        It could be a form of Hikkomi Gaeshi
        That book is $155...... do you know of any that aren't collector's items?
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
          That book is $155...... do you know of any that aren't collector's items?
          There was another add I saw that had one for $26...you might look around more on used book web sites.

          Go and try to find a copy of Kashiwazaki book "Fighting Judo" and try not to freak out over the price...

          Besides, you make plenty of money. Maybe your fiancee' can get you a copy for a wedding present ?

          http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Judo-.../dp/0720715946

          Why I never bought a new copy back when it was in print, I'll never understand...
          Falling for Judo since 1980

          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by BKR View Post
            There was another add I saw that had one for $26...you might look around more on used book web sites.

            Go and try to find a copy of Kashiwazaki book "Fighting Judo" and try not to freak out over the price...

            Besides, you make plenty of money. Maybe your fiancee' can get you a copy for a wedding present ?

            http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Judo-.../dp/0720715946

            Why I never bought a new copy back when it was in print, I'll never understand...
            Your recommendation are great but none under $150....

            Edit :I found the $26 dollar one.
            Last edited by Raycetpfl; 6/03/2016 11:36am, .
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              Your recommendation are great but none under $150....

              Edit :I found the $26 dollar one.
              I guess you can't be rich, good looking, smart, and a BJJ black belt...somethings gotta give...
              Falling for Judo since 1980

              "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

              "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

              "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

              Comment

              Collapse

              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

              Working...
              X