Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is this trick one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How is this trick one?

    I've been looking at the cheap parlour tricks Shaolin monks do to trick gullible foreigners recently and found this:



    Any idea how it's done? I'd guess large amounts of saliva could cool it quite quickly and perhaps the leidenfrost effect plays a part too but is that the full explanation? Haven't found anyone give this a proper debunking in my searches.

    [Edit] D key isn't working very well it seems so sorry for typo in the title.

    #2
    1) Dress up a hobo.
    2) Give him painkillers.
    3) Rek his mouth.




    I'm actually curious myself.

    Comment


      #3
      Seems obvious, that this is ancient Chinese kung fu training which make fight better and punch harder. Cause brass ( thermal conductor ) and molten lead (( not real lead, now cooler and not molten surrounded by spit ) .. spat unto a metal sheet with an extremely low melting melt ) mades teh martial art better cause magic and voodoo and quantum mechanics punch faster and ki heal you damage.

      like totes duh

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
        Seems obvious, that this is ancient Chinese kung fu training which make fight better and punch harder. Cause brass ( thermal conductor ) and molten lead (( not real lead, now cooler and not molten surrounded by spit ) .. spat unto a metal sheet with an extremely low melting melt ) mades teh martial art better cause magic and voodoo and quantum mechanics punch faster and ki heal you damage.

        like totes duh
        Total non-believer.

        Comment


          #5
          He appears to put something in his mouth at 3:59.

          LOL that he needs heat-protective gloves for his hands.

          Comment


            #6
            I wonder if he coats his mouth with something, like when Homer Simpson coated his tongue in candle wax to cheat at a hot chili contest.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by BigJim520 View Post
              He appears to put something in his mouth at 3:59.

              LOL that he needs heat-protective gloves for his hands.
              Good catch.

              Comment


                #8
                I've sent the video to Penn Jillette and a friend who exposes magic tricks.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jim Giant View Post
                  I've sent the video to Penn Jillette and a friend who exposes magic tricks.
                  Good call. James Randi would be another good choice if he's still alive.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jim Giant View Post
                    Good catch.
                    I'm surprised they showed it. Lots of TV Magic is very careful about camera angles. Also notice when he sticks out his tongue to show "nothing in the mouth" at 4:34 (and the commentator is just a bit biased) he's definitely not opening his mouth all the way.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by BigJim520 View Post
                      I'm surprised they showed it. Lots of TV Magic is very careful about camera angles. Also notice when he sticks out his tongue to show "nothing in the mouth" at 4:34 (and the commentator is just a bit biased) he's definitely not opening his mouth all the way.
                      Yeah the commentator shouldn't have said that. I'm rapidly losing faith in Guinness world records...

                      Got replies already, still no closer though

                      Originally posted by Friend
                      This is something I would not like to speculate on in case idiots try to copy.
                      Originally posted by Penn
                      It's in a few books. I don't remember the details.
                      Squeeing so hard that I got a responce lol. Still no closer but hopefully one of his followers will have something.
                      Last edited by Jim Giant; 5/30/2016 8:54pm, .

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Also found this:


                        The rest of what he does is really basic stuff. I would have assumed the "lead" is solder, gallium or some other metal with a low melting point but the GWW video casts doubt on that.

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X