X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Devil View Post
    I'm not doing any chores for you. You'll do my chores like the rest of your buddies in the Lollipop Guild.
    If you are as bad at chores as you are at the subject at hand, never mind, my kids would do a better job. You'd probably leave the gate open and the ducks and chickens would get out of the yard...

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    I know you are not used to people taking you seriously. I'm trying to buck you up and show you that it IS possible.

I liken it to the reminders I give my kids about cleaning their room up, making beds, doing chores without being nagged, etc. Their brains are developing, and with enough exposure over time, they will eventually get it.

It seems to be working so far with my kids, so I though, WTF, why not give Devil a dose and see if it works.
    I'm not doing any chores for you. You'll do my chores like the rest of your buddies in the Lollipop Guild.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Stop being so stupidly serious. What are you? JNP?
    I know you are not used to people taking you seriously. I'm trying to buck you up and show you that it IS possible.

I liken it to the reminders I give my kids about cleaning their room up, making beds, doing chores without being nagged, etc. Their brains are developing, and with enough exposure over time, they will eventually get it.

It seems to be working so far with my kids, so I though, WTF, why not give Devil a dose and see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    That's right, keep mis-stating what we were writing about regarding youth engaging in a wide variety of sports and physical activity to build ABCs and physical literacy.
    Stop being so stupidly serious. What are you? JNP?

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    Try Cuba.
    Hey, I didn't think of that. It's probably closer than south Louisiana, even to Tampa ! Now that Obama has opened that shit up, Rayce, you and the missus can go to Cuba for your honeymoon. She can hang on the beach and relax, and you can go train with the Cuban national team. If I were you, I'd start with the women's team. If you can survive that, you can try the men's team.

DCS, that's absolutely brilliant on your part !

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    There's no free style judo in Florida. There's barely any regular judo.
    Try Cuba.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    But you didn't specialize in Judo. And as I've learned recently, the key to reaching the highest level in athletics is to not worry about actually training in that sport until you're really old.
    That's right, keep mis-stating what we were writing about regarding youth engaging in a wide variety of sports and physical activity to build ABCs and physical literacy.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Not true Devil. I have been wreckin' bitches since day one.
    But you didn't specialize in Judo. And as I've learned recently, the key to reaching the highest level in athletics is to not worry about actually training in that sport until you're really old.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Roadtrip to New Orleans then.
    They used to have freestyle judo tournaments there.
    I used to have to fly out of country or to Cali to find BJJ tournaments in the early and mid-nineties.
    And, I am definitely planning a Russia bucket list trip to visit some Sambo schools.
    http://wallmartialarts.com/about-us/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FreestyleJudo/

I know Vincent, taught him some Judo a long time ago...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    yes...
    http://www.floridajudoinc.org/events.php

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Roadtrip to New Orleans then.
    They used to have freestyle judo tournaments there.
    I used to have to fly out of country or to Cali to find BJJ tournaments in the early and mid-nineties.
    And, I am definitely planning a Russia bucket list trip to visit some Sambo schools.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Try a Freestyle Judo tournament or a Sambo tournament.
    Also, if you are as good as you say you are with takedowns in a Gi,
    I would be surprised if after assessing your ability if a Judo coach would not suggest a validation of rank or other promotion up to a middle belt grade to enter you in a tournament at,
    so you did not just plow through the Judo white belts unfairly.
    Back in 1991, as a wrestler with 6 years of competition experience, my Judo coach entered me in Judo tournaments as a brown belt.
    I did very well competing in Judo as a brown belt.
    But there was a HUGE difference between the black belt division and the brown belt division.
    (Against Judo black belts, even after I had a few years of training Judo, I frequently got tossed high in the air, and hard on to my back).
    If it goes to the ground, your groundwork background will help you if you have a game that works within the Judo rules.
    But if you want to throw in a Gi against Judo black belts your own age and weight,
    Especially under IJF style rules,
    You would be better served training in real Judo for 3-5 years consistently to get there.
    I forgot about the Freestyle Judo stuff. The center of that is Denham Springs, Louisiana. They have fairly regular tournaments. Wall to Wall Martial Arts. There is also a Freestyle Judo FAcebook page, but he probably knows that already.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Try a Freestyle Judo tournament or a Sambo tournament.
    Also, if you are as good as you say you are with takedowns in a Gi,
    I would be surprised if after assessing your ability if a Judo coach would not suggest a validation of rank or other promotion up to a middle belt grade to enter you in a tournament at,
    so you did not just plow through the Judo white belts unfairly.
    Back in 1991, as a wrestler with 6 years of competition experience, my Judo coach entered me in Judo tournaments as a brown belt.
    I did very well competing in Judo as a brown belt.
    But there was a HUGE difference between the black belt division and the brown belt division.
    (Against Judo black belts, even after I had a few years of training Judo, I frequently got tossed high in the air, and hard on to my back).
    If it goes to the ground, your groundwork background will help you if you have a game that works within the Judo rules.
    But if you want to throw in a Gi against Judo black belts your own age and weight,
    Especially under IJF style rules,
    You would be better served training in real Judo for 3-5 years consistently to get there.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    He didn't specialize too early. He should be all set for the Olympics.
    Might well be... he certainly is some sort of outlier...

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    You can pull guard at the wedding and save the money for Judo lessons.
    I am more of a Tome Nage/ Drop Seio nage. I am actually get hitched in my gi.

The Gi's were her idea.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X