Bjj Black Travis Stevens wins Masters World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bjj Black Travis Stevens wins Masters World Championship

I think this finally proves what we have all known for a long time. Judo is good but Bjj is better.

Travis Stevens wrecked shop and it was awesome.
    I am just glad for France that there was no Open Weight. Travis would have had to wreck shop on their Teddy Reindeer with a flying GOGO-Plata.
    I hope Travis can take gold in Rio and not catch the Zika virus.
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

it's just astonishing how he managed to do this with *no training in judo at all*

praise helio!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

So there is an American Judoka winning something? Props to him.

Comment

So not really a masters competition, no age brackets. How is this different from any other IJF event?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
          it's just astonishing how he managed to do this with *no training in judo at all*

praise helio!
          To be fair to Judo, I think he may have taken a few Judo classes.
          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
            So not really a masters competition, no age brackets. How is this different from any other IJF event?
            The ijf confuses me. When I went to the ijf Web page it calls it "The World Championship". They call it the last and highest scoring judo competion for Olympic qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              I think this finally proves what we have all known for a long time. Judo is good but Bjj is better.

Travis Stevens wrecked shop and it was awesome.
              I am just glad for France that there was no Open Weight. Travis would have had to wreck shop on their Teddy Reindeer with a flying GOGO-Plata.
              I hope Travis can take gold in Rio and not catch the Zika virus.
              You trolin', bro'?

I didn't see any BJJ there, any more than I didn't see any Judo.
              Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                So there is an American Judoka winning something? Props to him.
                Look up Kayla Harrison...she is winning too. Jimmy Pedro is her coach. He learned all his armbar skills from BJJ. Just ask him, he will tell you....

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post

It's not...

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                    To be fair to Judo, I think he may have taken a few Judo classes.
                    You should man up and enter a few judo contests.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      But at what belt!?
                      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                        But at what belt!?
                        LOL, very funny, but good question. I'd have to see his ukemi under Judo conditions and what passes for standup grappling in his case. It's mainly a safety, then understanding the rules sort of issue.

I suggest Rayce go work out with Rhadi for a while. Although I think Rhadi is pretty busy with private clients at this point in time.

Comment

Look up Kayla Harrison...she is winning too. Jimmy Pedro is her coach. He learned all his armbar skills from BJJ. Just ask him, he will tell you....
                          This Jimmy Pedro?

It seems he is skilled... considering American Judo standards.

Comment

I would like to. That sounds like fun.

Comment

LOL, very funny, but good question. I'd have to see his ukemi under Judo conditions and what passes for standup grappling in his case. It's mainly a safety, then understanding the rules sort of issue.

I suggest Rayce go work out with Rhadi for a while. Although I think Rhadi is pretty busy with private clients at this point in time.
                              I wanna win Judo White belt Worlds :-p.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X