No announcement yet.

Judo For Self-Defense On The Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grappling teaches control; control will stop a groin attack at grappling range. Counter-groin-attacking will leave both of you with mangled nards.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
      Grappling teaches control; control will stop a groin attack at grappling range. Counter-groin-attacking will leave both of you with mangled nards.
      I'll add that covering your head with your elbows while mounted leaves your opponent free to reach back and grab your nuts with impunity, yet krav maga folks don't think its a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandem View Post
        While we're on this topic though, I might start Judo soon to learn some grappling and because it looks like fun and I'm curious about judo newaza. Consensus seems to be BJJ is better for pure ground fighting since that's the main focus, but is Judo newaza sufficient to survive on the ground vs a fairly unskilled opponent or is this something that varies a lot between schools?
        Truth is unless you been taught ground fighting of some type the skill level on the ground is abhorrent.
        So even a little bit of training actually goes a long way especially if you work on pinning and breaking pins.
        So I would say most Judo clubs are going to give you the tools to hopefully get out of a bad position and to get back to your feet.
        This can be pretty ideal in a lot of self defense situations.

That being said the ground work compared to BJJ ground work is pretty bad at most schools. Even schools that have a %50 focus on Ground work it is Judo ground work.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X