I'm No Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm No Hero

So, there is an ethic to when I will intervene on your behalf, vs when I won't.

1. If I'm paid to save you, I will save you. Period.
    2. If you're running off at the mouth, I will not save you
    3. If all the other guy is doing is running his mouth, I will not intervene
    4. If I'm not being paid and it looks like a losing battle, I will not save you
    5. If your whole plan was for me to save you, I will not save you
    6. If you can save yourself, I will not save you

Perhaps that's a shitty ethic, but at the end of the day, male, trained, armed... none of it obligates me to save you.

Seems like common sense to me. Pretty much my philosophy as well but I'm willing to fight a losing battle for those I really care about.

Comment

Nice, how much does hired protection run nowadays?

I am planning to run my mouth, then I want you to Heel Hook them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Giant View Post
        Seems like common sense to me. Pretty much my philosophy as well but I'm willing to fight a losing battle for those I really care about.
        One would think, but I just got a Facebook lecture from a woman who wanted to teach men to jump in and save her from the mouth of some dude from Rikers. Like I'm gonna die in a prison brawl because FOUR women, two of them trained, can't organize a defense or let the guy ramble. She was greatly offended when I told her that she'd have to wait until she was actually under attack before I'd intervene. She felt she was entitled to a defense despite isn't terms like "shut the fuck up", having martial arts training and being four in number. Like she couldn't shut up herself or organize a defense.

Comment

For example, I was in a bar and a couple large thugs were harassing women. I kept my head down and my mouth shut. Then my girlfriend decided to start talking shit herself. He responded and I kept my head down and my mouth shut. A few months later he forced me to beat his ass at another bar after trying to attack me with a wrist lock of all things. He got what was coming, but not just because he was annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post

I don't generally deal in heel hooks due to the recipient being awake when I am done. So Jordan will have to give a price for that.
            I do have a Very nice Ura Nage and RNC package if your interested? They can be used together or separately. Cost:19.95 plus possible legal fees
            next weekend we are having a sale on our Punk Out Package. You can have a HW smack some dude at a bar and then hit on his chick. Cost: $49.95 , this one is more expensive because shooting could likely start after this happens.
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post

75 bucks. By the night to hold your establishment, by the hour if you want me to follow you.

Comment

At these rates, I'll be the Kingpin in no time!

Comment

It's all fun and games until the person attacking the person you're saving turns out to be an on-duty undercover cop. Stay out of other people's fights unless you have no other option, however you define that.
                  "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                  DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                  Originally posted by Devil
                  Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                  Originally posted by Plasma
                  At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                  Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                  Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

This thread needs a theme song:

https://youtu.be/dq4aOaDXIfY

Comment

Man you guys are going to hang me by the balls, but that said...

I have no filter, if I have something to say I am going to say it. My co workers have commented on the fact that I have to be careful as to what I say and where I say it. So for example we were at a restaurant for lunch and there was a bunch of hispanic bikers, and I made a comment like "wtf is there an audition for the son's of anarchy spin off"? and I said it loud, now of course they got worried cause they were like... "what if they want to fight" to which my response was "If they want to fight let them, if I get my ass kicked it's on me for running my mouth". This however seems to be a problem for most because they then feel "obligated" to jump in because I am clearly outmatched it would be like twenty to one. But even then i've told them "No it's on me for running my mouth".

What was said in Fight Club is true, most people do try to avoid fights...I mean i've said some pretty fucked up shit and gotten away with is. My best friend tells me of course you have no filter, you are a 200 plus pound man who is trained and works out so who's going to want to fuck with you? To which I replied "since you've know me have I always been that size? No, and even then still ran my mouth"

The reason I said you guys are gonna hang me by the balls is that as martial artists, even white belts we have a responsibility not to flapping our mouths or starting shit with the average joe, we just shouldn't. We train to avoid confrontations, I do believe that whole heartedly, just sometimes I forget...and im a dumbass for it. *stands up* "hi everyone my name is John" *everyone says hi john* "and I abuse martial arts" *sits down*

Comment

That's a dick move to say "no its on me for running my mouth", because your friends could get drawn into the fight anyway just for being with you, and you might change your mind about wanting help when you're being turned into a vegetable.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                          That's a dick move to say "no its on me for running my mouth", because your friends could get drawn into the fight anyway just for being with you, and you might change your mind about wanting help when you're being turned into a vegetable.
                          yeah plus with bikers it's *always* going to be a group fight. that's just part of their creed, if you fight one of them, you fight all of them.
                          "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                          "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                          "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                          "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Originally posted by gileanofgrey View Post

I have no filter, if I have something to say I am going to say it. My co workers have commented on the fact that I have to be careful as to what I say and where I say it. So for example we were at a restaurant for lunch and there was a bunch of hispanic bikers, and I made a comment like "wtf is there an audition for the son's of anarchy spin off"? and I said it loud, now of course they got worried cause they were like... "what if they want to fight" to which my response was "If they want to fight let them, if I get my ass kicked it's on me for running my mouth". This however seems to be a problem for most because they then feel "obligated" to jump in because I am clearly outmatched it would be like twenty to one. But even then i've told them "No it's on me for running my mouth".

What was said in Fight Club is true, most people do try to avoid fights...I mean i've said some pretty fucked up shit and gotten away with is. My best friend tells me of course you have no filter, you are a 200 plus pound man who is trained and works out so who's going to want to fuck with you? To which I replied "since you've know me have I always been that size? No, and even then still ran my mouth"

The reason I said you guys are gonna hang me by the balls is that as martial artists, even white belts we have a responsibility not to flapping our mouths or starting shit with the average joe, we just shouldn't. We train to avoid confrontations, I do believe that whole heartedly, just sometimes I forget...and im a dumbass for it. *stands up* "hi everyone my name is John" *everyone says hi john* "and I abuse martial arts" *sits down*
                            If I beat the dog s*** out of you and the cops come. I will not be able to tell them that you were being an a****** so it's okay. People that act like assholes get away with it because I don't want to felony to prove a point. It's not your size 4 martial arts training than saving you necessarily. It's the fact that finding a good job as a felon is difficult.
                            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by gileanofgrey View Post

Yeah most people want to avoid fights, some do not and some just don't give a fuck how bad ass you may be. A Mexican American freind of mine just told me a story from Mexico. A man, his wife and his child were at a restaurant having dinner. The man was talking to his wife about how bad the gangs and drug cartels were. Two men sitting behind him got up walked out, came back in and shot the man to death in front as his family. So sometimes it's not as quaint as a fist fight, or a matter of someone getting their butt kicked. Somthing to think about.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X