60% Of Gracie University Affiliates Are Lead By Blue Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60% Of Gracie University Affiliates Are Lead By Blue Belts

The exact reason, I recommend everyone looking for BJJ away from Gracie Academy/University Affiliates:

Originally posted by BJJEE
    We crunched the Gracie university affiliate numbers in order to gain some sort of insight into the big picture when it comes to gracie jiu-jitsu practitioners.
    After researching all the affiliates listed on the Gracie university map, accredited schools tab, results indicated that 60% of all affiliate academies are led by blue belts. Exact stats for USA are 60% of academies are owned by blue belts, 20% by purple belts, 5.3% by brown ones and finally 14.6% by black belts.
    When we go worldwide, the numbers don’t really change, they are as follows: 60.57% blue, 20% purple, 4.8% brown, and 14.4% black. It’s also worth noting that Rener’s Torrance HQ and Ryron’s Beverly Hills academy count as black belt led Gracie academies which further colors the numbers.
    http://www.bjjee.com/articles/60-of-...by-blue-belts/

Also combine this with "online" blue belts given by the Gracie Academy.

The blue belts are the "technical" blue belts or are they real blue belts, not that it matter much anyways, Gracie schools tend to go to blue fairly quick anyways.

Comment

I've just read this:

Under the new program, you aren't allowed to roll in a Gracie certified training center for A YEAR.
      Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
        I've just read this:

Is that true?
        as far as I know. Long enough to get indoctrinated before you realize how bad you suck.

Comment

Time to burn it all to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            The blue belts are the "technical" blue belts or are they real blue belts, not that it matter much anyways, Gracie schools tend to go to blue fairly quick anyways.
            A high blue belt teaching a beginners class isn't a horrible idea. They may be able to help white belts with things in a positive way in the same way good students help other students with math in middle school. However the blue belt can't possible be the head of the school if you want that school to be considered a high level jiu jitsu school. Even worse if this was an online blue belt it's the blind leading the the blind , deaf and dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              A high blue belt teaching a beginners class isn't a horrible idea. They may be able to help white belts with things in a positive way in the same way good students help other students with math in middle school. However the blue belt can't possible be the head of the school if you want that school to be considered a high level jiu jitsu school. Even worse if this was an online blue belt it's the blind leading the the blind , deaf and dumb.
              I look at it this way, I am all for any Belt level teaching, there is stuff to be learned for both parties, but and this is a big but, I want them to have someone to turn to that knows more, even black belts.
              I want my Black Belts to even have other people they can conference with.
              I don't think I would want to be in a class that the highest belt around is a blue belt, I would like there to at least be a purple belt watching and listening while the blue belt is teaching.

Comment

I've just read this:

Is that true?
                Where did you read this?

Comment

This makes sense to me. What they're doing isn't teaching instructors how to be good at BJJ or how to put it together. In this business model, that isn't their job. What they're teaching instructors to do is to present the material exactly as they present it. In this model, it's the Gracies that are the instructors, by proxy, whereas in the standard model, despite a similar franchise structure being common, each instructor teaches.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                    This makes sense to me. What they're doing isn't teaching instructors how to be good at BJJ or how to put it together. In this business model, that isn't their job. What they're teaching instructors to do is to present the material exactly as they present it. In this model, it's the Gracies that are the instructors, by proxy, whereas in the standard model, despite a similar franchise structure being common, each instructor teaches.
                    That's how I see it as well.
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                      I look at it this way, I am all for any Belt level teaching, there is stuff to be learned for both parties, but and this is a big but, I want them to have someone to turn to that knows more, even black belts.
                      I want my Black Belts to even have other people they can conference with.
                      I don't think I would want to be in a class that the highest belt around is a blue belt, I would like there to at least be a purple belt watching and listening while the blue belt is teaching.
                      Part of the reason I loved training at RGP was that I often got to drill with blue and purple belts. You learn a lot more when the person you are training with has a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                        Part of the reason I loved training at RGP was that I often got to drill with blue and purple belts. You learn a lot more when the person you are training with has a clue.
                        I don't mind helping someone with out a clue work through a drill it helps you really get it your self.
                        For drilling I don't really care too much who I am working with as long as
                        A they are willing to do the Drilling.
                        B they are not trying to hurt me while drilling.
                        C know how to gradually add more resistance to the drill as reps get put in.
                        D listen when you tell them they are obviously not doing it right.

Now for Rolling I much prefer to roll with Purple, brown, and Black belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                          Where did you read this?
                          https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comment...ead_by/d3ajjng

Comment

I've just read this:

Is that true?
                            WTF, Not rolling for a year, just doing drills?

Comment

Oh well they explain it all here when they tell you what a blue belt is

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X