Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lurker intro

Hi.
    I've lurked for a good few years, and thought its about time I posted an intro.
    I don't plan on posting that much as I don't feel i have much to offer and I learn more from listening the talking.

My history in brief is i trained in wing chun for around 10 years (3 times a week). Really enjoyed it and used it a few times to good effect in real life situations. Left as I moved away from the area.
    Found a boxing club and went there. Got my arsed handed to me in epic style on my first sparring session. Now been boxing for about 2 years. (Can only go once a week at this time)

look forward to continuing my learning on this site

Welcome, from another n00b

Comment

Originally posted by s1839 View Post
      Hi.
      I've lurked for a good few years, and thought its about time I posted an intro.
      I don't plan on posting that much as I don't feel i have much to offer and I learn more from listening the talking.

My history in brief is i trained in wing chun for around 10 years (3 times a week). Really enjoyed it and used it a few times to good effect in real life situations. Left as I moved away from the area.
      Found a boxing club and went there. Got my arsed handed to me in epic style on my first sparring session. Now been boxing for about 2 years. (Can only go once a week at this time)

look forward to continuing my learning on this site
      Did you learn more from 10 years of Wing Chun or 2 years of Boxing?

Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido!

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          Did you learn more from 10 years of Wing Chun or 2 years of Boxing?

Welcome to Bullshido.
          It's hard to say.

The good things I learnt in wing chun were balance, how to stay relaxed, sensitivity in trapping, how to use someone's force against them, and basic take downs. I also learnt that a fight starts way before the first punch is thrown. All these have helped me numerous times on the "streets"

The bad things I learnt (and only discovered when boxing) were my distance perception and timing is awful, staying relaxed is not always a good thing, your wing chun guard can basically be punched through, and someone with head movement will slip and counter your chain punching all day.
          Also, when you are getting your ass beaten when sparring in boxing gloves, trying to grab the person isn't going to help anything

I also learnt a hell of a lot more about my fitness when I started boxing.

Thanks for the welcome guys

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X