Fuck racism, really, just fuck racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Of course having drunk druggy parents fucks up kids, but being subjected to racism from the dominant society kicks them in the guts, everyday. They are told that they are worthless by the society that stole their land and lives.

And I'll be happy to advise you on reading lists, it might help your thinking. This is my friend's kid, suicided a year ago in South Dakota. Her parents are teachers and sober. They have started summer camps and programs to help kids. They are fund raising a home, a safe house, to support Lakota children in her name, google Santana House. I put some money up...
    I'm sorry about the kid and I stand behind my statement.

Comment

Is it not true that the nations are really trying to get more and more successful Indians to come back and start educating the younger folks. I see it working here with a golfer know as Notah Begay.
      As for the grandkids, that is tough, and hurts all us fathers. We went to tulsa one year, youth wrestling tournament. Got our asses handed to us by whatever kids, dressed in pink and painted hair and nails. Wake up call. Best thing for my boys. It wasn't about what you looked like or what you dressed like...it was about doing what it takes to win. Just read about Tony Ramos and Tom Brand issues. That seems tame compared to this bullshit where those who know better do these kinds of things. That shit don't fly here in NM. We are very serious about all this stuff. Do you want people to call those people listed? What can be done, I believe the work is just educating your kids, teach them to go kick their ass, on the mat...after a few years of beat downs, that shit will have ended, in my humble opinion, but I am willing to call and raise hell is it is rampant.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
        Well yeah.
        My degree in Obviousology does come in handy at times...

Of course, that's a general statement regarding "gone girl", however, I did read a couple of articles about that particular case, which prompted me to the statement.

Comment

I wrote to all, and the Trevor Wiebe, Governor Wrestling President, responded:

Trevor Wiebe
          Apr 10 (2 days ago)

to me, cwhostler, tiffany.stoeser, alexisterwilli., ben_murphy83

Thank you for sharing your frustration and concerns with the comments made. This has been brought to the attention of the AAU Director in South Dakota and the director of the State Tournament where the comments were made. I know they are looking into this situation and want to address it promptly and appropriately.

Trevor Wiebe
          Governor Wrestling President
          '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''
          Trevor Wiebe
          8:28 PM (16 hours ago)

to me, cwhostler, tiffany.stoeser, alexisterwilli., ben_murphy83

Just letting you know there was an article in the Argus Leader (paper in Sioux Falls, SD) regarding this incident and that two workers at the tournament were identified and banned from any further work at an AAU event.

Trevor Wiebe

.................................................. ........
          Patrick Easterling proprietor <[email protected]>
          12:28 PM (5 minutes ago)

to Trevor, cwhostler, tiffany.stoeser, Alexis, ben_murphy83

Dear Trevor,

That is good news that two officials were banned. I'm sure everyone knows about the hockey game incident. I live in Hawaii now and whites are 15% of Hilo's population, mixed race is the largest minority. My own kids (half Chinese) were raised in Logan Utah where they were called Chinks and told that they weren't real Americans... Here racism is almost unknown, thank God. As Lionel Barrymore says in the movie, Key Largo (on TCM last night), referring to the two innocent Seminole men who were shot, "We can't do anything but harm to those people." But I don't believe that is true and I do hope for the future, one, to paraphrase Bob Marley, where the color of a man's skin will have no more significance than the color of his eyes.

Yours, Patrick Easterling
          "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Here is the article from the local paper, the Argus. I think that all the publicity has helped. So horrid that youth martial arts, supposed to be supportive and welcoming has this shit happen... I've stood up and gone to the top people in karate organizations when I saw prejudice, and I've chickened out - at age 17 I was visiting my grandmother in AR and dropped in as a guest in the local karate dojo. They were all white, they said, "We don't like n-words, do you?" I left. There were a dozen of them and I was no black belt... I'm a bit ashamed that I didn't say anything. I would now, but I'm also more skilled at saying things that don't lead to fights or cause anger, but still make my point. Like I would say that I think racism is a sin, or evil.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/new...arks/82895596/
            Attached Files
            Last edited by patfromlogan; 4/12/2016 1:08pm, .
            "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Pat,
              Great post!

Comment

I can't believe how dumb these guys were. They're commentating on video so parents/families can watch their kids compete. Did they think the families of the kid they're commenting on wouldn't hear? It wouldn't surprise me if random racist idiots in the stands were overheard saying crap like that, but the fact that these guys were being recorded... Are they that oblivious?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJim520 View Post
                  I can't believe how dumb these guys were. They're commentating on video so parents/families can watch their kids compete. Did they think the families of the kid they're commenting on wouldn't hear? It wouldn't surprise me if random racist idiots in the stands were overheard saying crap like that, but the fact that these guys were being recorded... Are they that oblivious?

Are they that racist....SMH...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X