Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical "Streetfighting" training session, what you would tell the trainers to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical "Streetfighting" training session, what you would tell the trainers to do?

I'd highly encourage students and instructors to wear urban pattern camo trousers. I know this is usually for the military RBSD types but if people can't see your legs on the streets they won't see your kicks coming.

Plus they're really comfy.

Comment

What would I tell them to do?

Judo

Comment

I think about 75% of the class time should be spent watching the hulking instructor explain and demonstrate an anti-mugging technique on a 64 kg compliant student. The other 25% would be spent on the discussing the wisdom of keeping your wallet in your front pocket.

Comment

To expand on the anti-mugging technique on a compliment student half his size; the instructor should indulge in an elaborate Kali-esque combo at 70% force just to make sure that his 'attacker' is dispatched properly.

Also any any female students should be taken to one side and be taught anti-rape techniques by having their glutes and side boobs felt up.

Comment

Beer. Beer is an essential training supplement when training to fight in the streets.

If you don't have any tats, get some. The more the better. Extra points for tribal or graffiti style tats.

Shave your head. Your head-butts will do more damage.

I would mention leaving you shirt open at all times and calling everyone mouth-boxers... but that street fighting technique has been disproven.

Comment

Originally posted by Speaks Softly View Post
              Beer. Beer is an essential training supplement when training to fight in the streets.

If you don't have any tats, get some. The more the better. Extra points for tribal or graffiti style tats.

Shave your head. Your head-butts will do more damage.

I would mention leaving you shirt open at all times and calling everyone mouth-boxers... but that street fighting technique has been disproven.
              There is video to support each and every claim made here... wow.

Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Losco View Post
                - Physique training: bicep curls, more bicep curls and bench press with emphasis on heavy plates not technique. Maybe deadlift but definately not squat (not streety at all) - also abs are for loosers

You are not quite right about the physique training. In fact, not at all. I would do Tae Bo. Then some Hot Yoga(for the chix) and Tai Chi. I would do the lightest weights possible for the highest amount of reps. I would only do preacher curls like everyone else does. No deadlifts and no squats at all. I would do good mornings all day.
                Then I would run marathons because its better to run away from a street fight than stand there. In fact this type of marathon running is the best self defense you can take. Just out run the guy away from the trouble! Also I hear good things about masturbating a lot for stamina.
                Last edited by PittsKuntaoer; 4/09/2016 12:31pm, .

Comment

Need to know weapon use. Bottles, pool cues and nunchucks incase of ninjas.

Comment

I've always found late night at Denny's to be an especially dangerous time. No pool cues. You'll have to add coffee pitchers and utensils to your arsenal. Nobody smokes in restaurants anymore. Always wanted to throw an ash can at someone.

Comment

Bakelite plates can be a relatively good improvised weapon, if thrown like a frisbee. Please don't ask how I know this. The little syrup jars are grenades full of sticky. Also, most diners have some sort of hot sauce on the table; if aerosolized == pepper spray (take a mouthful and spew it like Bluto from Animal House).
                      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Not just any instructor will do in this situation. This requires an instructor who grew up on the gang infested streets of Los Angeles.

"We had a name for murder, mayhem, destruction and despair ... we called it Saturday night." (Marc "The Animal" MacYoung)

Comment

("dojo" cause it sounds more street than "gym")
                          1st of all no dojo sounds like some bullshit place. Gym is far more street.
                          However if you really want to go street you are going to be training at a
                          Tactical Urban Combat Facility.

- Tehcnique; this would be haymakers, supplex, headlock and ground strikes - anything more than this is too gimmicky...except headbutts (ground kicks are kind of street but in a gay kind of way, this is manly street stuff not girly krav)
                          1st technique is learning all the silly rules for Open carry in your state.

2nd technique is how to say "am i being detained or am i free to go"

3rd technique is how to shop from 511 Tactical
                          http://www.511tactical.com/kilt/?utm...gn=Prospecting

- Physique training: bicep curls, more bicep curls and bench press with emphasis on heavy plates not technique. Maybe deadlift but definately not squat (not streety at all) - also abs are for loosers
                          Eating, just a lot of eating, cause size matters, the bigger you are just the plain old better. If you can't shop in the big and tall area fuck you.

- Free sparring: Rules are for sports, this is real streefighting... mma gloves can be used maybe groin and teeth protection but anything else will destroy the soul of the street and transform it into mere sports
                          We point red guns at each other and the 1st guy that says Bang wins.

Comment

Also we are going to REALLY care about this sort of stuff for more than a passing curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Broomie View Post
                              I've always found late night at Denny's to be an especially dangerous time. No pool cues. You'll have to add coffee pitchers and utensils to your arsenal. Nobody smokes in restaurants anymore. Always wanted to throw an ash can at someone.
                              I was eating at a Denny's late at night when there was a gang shooting in the parking lot.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X