Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven Mountain Spirit Fist Kung Fu

http://sevenmountainskungfu.com/

I ran into a few of these guys at one tourny I went to. I also saw this master walking around. Its some strange Chinese kung fu style from Vietnam. They are located in Philly. There are some vids of this guy, and he makes a lot of noises.

I sure don't miss doing arbitrarily long forms like that.

Comment

I hear the best Vietnamese Chinese kung fu is in Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by PittsKuntaoer View Post
        http://sevenmountainskungfu.com/

I ran into a few of these guys at one tourny I went to. I also saw this master walking around. Its some strange Chinese kung fu style from Vietnam. They are located in Philly. There are some vids of this guy, and he makes a lot of noises.
        These guys are a fucking riot. They have an entire internet propaganda program in force, and even their own sub Reddit.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
          I hear the best Vietnamese Chinese kung fu is in Philadelphia.
          Yep. I heard the exact same thing. I also hear that
          Originally posted by mountainous turd VietKung Fu internets site
          You may inquire about controlled free sparring when you feel ready to. It is not mandatory for students to spar! All sparring is done using controlled techniques and without equipment.
          Totally legit, you can tell cause they say so.

Comment

For reference here are some videos of them sparring.

One of the guys in this first video is Raymond Blong, supposedly an instructor under their "master" Phuoc Phan, with 15 years of training in SMSF.

Edit: Also these guys are, to be frank, fucking bonkers. They are big into "the spirit forms" side of their "art" and make up all kinds of crazy shit to obfuscate, they meet any criticism with trolling, they will deflect criticism by claiming that the videos available (those below) are old videos of beginner students while the first page of a Google search of Raymond Blong Seven Mountains Spirit Fist brings you to one of the video participant's personal website where he claims 15 years of just this system plus TKD and something called Jabukido or whatever, and one of the guys who does most of their online trolling (also a participant in the first video, named Paul Davis has the pony tail) is part owner of a business in the same city called Kung Fu Hoagies.

Last edited by Rand; 4/17/2016 12:16am, .

Comment

needs moar hand wavey

Comment

Originally posted by Seven Mountain troll View Post
                My art doesn't agree with YOUR (used generally) art, YOUR physics, YOUR history, and YOUR martial arts in general.
                apparently you have to believe in gravity for it to happen.

now excuse me, I'm going to fly to the pub I can fly, I can fly, I can fly....

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                  I sure don't miss doing arbitrarily long forms like that.
                  That form looked terrible, and the way he pulled everything so close to his body really gives me the impression he was making it up as he went along. I'd put five on him not being able to repeat that exact sequence.

Comment

Anytime I see someone "sparring" with eye glasses on, I have to wonder about how serious it is.

Comment

Anybody here in the Orlando area? One of the Seven Mountains guys wants to throwdown and I'd love to set up a throwdown for local Bullies so you guys can see one of them in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
                        Anybody here in the Orlando area? One of the Seven Mountains guys wants to throwdown and I'd love to set up a throwdown for local Bullies so you guys can see one of them in person.
                        gong sau or throwdown?

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                          gong sau or throwdown?
                          He wants to fight but I'm looking for a friendly meet up.

Edit: Honestly I don't expect him to show up, he was trying to fish for personal info because the last time I talked to one of them he couldn't get my personal info over the internet and got mad. I directed him to this thread but I don't know if he'll show up here either.

Comment

hmm

I wonder what he payed for his web page. It seem to be of decent quality.

Comment

Update: Guy never showed after sperging out on Facebook about how he was going to rape my kids and kill me etc.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X