Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Difference Between Being Unorthodox and Disrespectful…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Difference Between Being Unorthodox and Disrespectful…

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/differ...disrespectful/

Interesting article, I honestly didn't know I was an issue, I mean the donkey guard an worm guard got called out on this a bit too.

I honestly don't know how giving up a position is disrespectful.

Harden the fuck up this is a sport.

Good points in TFA. I hear all the time "BJJ is an evolving sport, you can always learn something new, blah blah." If you're with a club that is complaining about new (i.e. unorthodox), you either need to get with the times, or move to a different school, because you're learning from a bunch of sore losers.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

If it's legal, you can do it.
      If it results in your opponent losing,
      Then it is probably a good idea to do it.
      Especially in a money tournament.
      You can go too far with my line of thought of course.
      Yuki Nakai getting his eye deliberately gouged out being an example.

Comment

The most disrespectful thing you can do is not bring your A game.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
          If it's legal, you can do it.
          If it results in your opponent losing,
          Then it is probably a good idea to do it.
          Especially in a money tournament.
          You can go too far with my line of thought of course.
          Yuki Nakai getting his eye deliberately gouged out being an example.
          But Gordeau lost.

Comment

So they got sore cos the guy bluffed his opponent into a position they thought was better and he came out and won? Bjj is like chess you gotta think 3 moves ahead. I dont think he did anything wrong.

Fuck i hate people who pull guard constantly. its like be more dynamic bro. If he constantly pulls mount then i can see the upset but a win is a win. I think there should be a penalty for shit you constantly do. Like if you got 10 rounds and every round you pull guard, flying armbar or whatever you should be penalised for it. No one likes a one trick pony.

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
              No one likes a one trick pony.
              If the "trick," works consistently, I have no problem with that. I just have to change my game, is all. Evolution, etc... If the "trick," doesn't work, well, you're getting smashed and subbed, so what does it matter?
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                But Gordeau lost.
                And I am glad that he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                  So they got sore cos the guy bluffed his opponent into a position they thought was better and he came out and won? Bjj is like chess you gotta think 3 moves ahead. I dont think he did anything wrong.

Fuck i hate people who pull guard constantly. its like be more dynamic bro. If he constantly pulls mount then i can see the upset but a win is a win. I think there should be a penalty for shit you constantly do. Like if you got 10 rounds and every round you pull guard, flying armbar or whatever you should be penalised for it. No one likes a one trick pony.
                  Why? The goal is to win, not to entertain the audience or show off your moveset. If I can best every foe with a single leg/pass/kimura or a flying gogoplata, then that reflects poorly on my opponents, not on me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                    Why? The goal is to win, not to entertain the audience or show off your moveset. If I can best every foe with a single leg/pass/kimura or a flying gogoplata, then that reflects poorly on my opponents, not on me.
                    Exactly! Not to mention if someone is known for a certain trick its really bad on you to get caught with said trick.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                      Said the peacock.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                        Exactly! Not to mention if someone is known for a certain trick its really bad on you to get caught with said trick.
                        totally. that inoue dude would never be able to pull off uchi mata on me, i'd totally see it coming :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
                          totally. that inoue dude would never be able to pull off uchi mata on me, i'd totally see it coming :P
                          You don't understand that Goodlun has superpowers that us mere mortals cannot even begin to comprehend...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            You don't understand that Goodlun has superpowers that us mere mortals cannot even begin to comprehend...
                            I am glad you finally understand!

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                              I am glad you finally understand!
                              It's apparently easier than economics...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X