Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag Talk cull

Originally posted by TheLuckydog
    Can I request a black belt karate tab and an instructor tab?

I'm the last bio on the bottom. Greg Cappello

http://fullcirclemartialarts.net/instructors/

That site has some issues with the "full bio" links.

Originally posted by TheLuckydog
    Can I request a black belt karate tab and an instructor tab?

I'm the last bio on the bottom. Greg Cappello

http://fullcirclemartialarts.net/instructors/
    you're in elite company.......

Comment

Not at our place brother. Respectful open invitation - no bullshit ego stuff - just fun training. 7-10 years for a blackbelt at our place. Shotokan base/ Judo/ Jiu Jistu/ no point sparring. I guess it's tough to shake the bow monkeys of the past.

Would love to see anyone come out and train with us.

An I need to fix my full bio link. Haha.

Comment

Is this your page, Greg?

http://greg.cappello.us/blog/51-awes...practice-kata/

Comment

Tag Talk cull

Yes, sir. Both are us. Like it or hate it, I respect your research! And jealous of your location.

I do appreciate the discussion. I'm not cool with bad karate. We have some guys who aren't good too. I don't disagree with the karate issues. That's why I train BJJ with Balance (Miglarese) and MMA.

Just FYI - our MMA program has some legit fighters to come out of our camp. Paul Felder is the most known. He started MMA with us before he went to Daniel Gracie. Also some other decent guys.

Think I'm going to become a supporting member again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLuckydog View Post
            Yes, sir. Both are us. Like it or hate it, I respect your research! And jealous of your location.

I do appreciate the discussion. I'm not cool with bad karate. We have some guys who aren't good too. I don't disagree with the karate issues. That's why I train BJJ with Balance (Miglarese) and MMA.

Just FYI - our MMA program has some legit fighters to come out of our camp. Paul Felder is the most known. He started MMA with us before he went to Daniel Gracie. Also some other decent guys.

Think I'm going to become a supporting member again.
            Which balance location do you train at?

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              Which balance location do you train at?
              Kenny Brach in Voorhees, NJ

My school (Full Circle Martial Arts) is in the process of working with Professor Rick Miglarese to become a Balance affiliate.

Comment

So uh what, the bullshido community is now basically an old folks home?

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                  When we're young we have faith in what is seen and everybody knows,
                  but when we're old we know that what is seen and everybody knows is often Bullshido.
                  I won't hold anybody's youth and inexperience against them,
                  So long as they don't hold my life experience against me.
                  Young people like to raise hell,
                  But old people have raised hell,
                  watched the hell we raised consume our friends,
                  And we lived to tell the tale.
                  Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 3/21/2016 8:02am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                    Gone are the days of the BJJihad, when kiddie BJJ white belts were regarded as elite, Judo was "substandard grappling", there was an Aikido Sucks thread opened every week and we even had a Mechanized Attack Squad.

Now Bullshido is something like...

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                      Gone are the days of the BJJihad, when kiddie BJJ white belts were regarded as elite, Judo was "substandard grappling", there was an Aikido Sucks thread opened every week and we even had a Mechanized Attack Squad.

Now Bullshido is something like...

If you want a new controversial topic,

How about attacking the weak minded instructors who tell their weak minded students that loyalty is more important than thinking for yourself or exercising correct moral judgement.

Or the idiots that believe one country or one style has any particular general advantage in grappling.

Or the people that believe that because they eat certain fruit bowls,
                      get their ears cauliflower,
                      and dress like bums,
                      that they are more authentic members of a grappling community.

Talk about a bunch of silly posers....

Gave up their own cultural identity,

Hanging other nations flags in their dojos while not hanging the flag of their own country in the highest spot of honor,

Affecting accents and slangs to try and fit in.

Getting talked into ridiculous business practice customs.

As if they were teen age girls trying to get the approval of their beau's.

Idolizing people who trained under people who trained under a certain last name...

Talk about Bullshido.

From grown men no less with high school educations or better.

Where is the Bullshido investigations and ridicule of those weak minded fools promoting and propagating that culture of "don't think for yourself"
                      and be "loyal to your team and instructor" over behaving intelligently and ethically,
                      and the "I am at the head of the pyramid, be a "samurai",
                      and "mindlessly do everything I say"
                      (even though the samurai's got their asses handed to them by every real foreign soldier they faced, including the Mongols, the Chinese, and the Europeans).

Go get 'em.

It was easy, EASY, for the Bullshido community to pick on the Aikido community,
                      who practice a formal policy of non-violence, and pacifism.
                      It was like slapping an Amish person who you know won't respond because of their moral belief system.

And it was EASY (although valuable) to pick on the Ashida Kim's who can't really fight, and are frauds.

But, you can always go pick on the financial frauds, cult leaders, and violent criminals in the grappling world,
                      who can actually grapple and fight,
                      And might show up at your door if you call them out,
                      if you want to show that you really have a pair.

There is plenty of real work left to do.
                      Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 3/21/2016 9:15am, .

Comment

Nice, I've never seen the pre-MP version of this gag.
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                          When we're young we have faith in what is seen and everybody knows,
                          but when we're old we know that what is seen and everybody knows is often Bullshido.
                          I won't hold anybody's youth and inexperience against them,
                          So long as they don't hold my life experience against me.
                          Young people like to raise hell,
                          But old people have raised hell,
                          watched the hell we raised consume our friends,
                          And we lived to tell the tale.
                          Being old, I'm often a bit slow on the uptake.

But are you writing in some sort of poetic style ? Or do you not trust word wrap ?

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

But are you writing in some sort of poetic style ? Or do you not trust word wrap ?
                            It's Haikku. Just kidding.

I have trouble reading what I write in the little box on my phone.

So I add some line breaks, basically so I can proof read it.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

It's Haikku. Just kidding.

I have trouble reading what I write in the little box on my phone.

So I add some line breaks, basically so I can proof read it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X