Training in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training in Thailand

I've been thinking of saving up to go and train in Thailand for 3 months during my gap year and have been looking at a couple of gyms (Tiger, Dragon, Sinbi etc.). All of them seem to have really polarised reviews, with some visitors saying "coaches are great, I improved loads" and others saying "coaches didn't help anyone and I saw some beginners who didn't improve at all". I was planning to go to Phuket and try some different gyms out before I paid for the 3 months (apparently it's cheaper to find accommodation outside your camp as well), but I wondered if anyone here had trained in Thailand and had any recommendations or tips.

I havent trained there but I've got loads of mates from my old gym who have. Generally the standard for training tourists is poor, you're seen as a money pit.

If possible get a reference from your gym or try and get a clear plan of what you'll be getting for your money when you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandem View Post
      I've been thinking of saving up to go and train in Thailand for 3 months during my gap year and have been looking at a couple of gyms (Tiger, Dragon, Sinbi etc.). All of them seem to have really polarised reviews, with some visitors saying "coaches are great, I improved loads" and others saying "coaches didn't help anyone and I saw some beginners who didn't improve at all". I was planning to go to Phuket and try some different gyms out before I paid for the 3 months (apparently it's cheaper to find accommodation outside your camp as well), but I wondered if anyone here had trained in Thailand and had any recommendations or tips.
      I love Thailand,
      It's beautiful, the food is wonderful, the people are amazing.
      But, there is political trouble now.
      It makes me very sad.

Comment

I know a couple of people who spent time at Tiger and they spoke very highly of the experience.

Comment

Honestly if you want to train in Thailand you might want to get in touch with Greg Nelson and see if he has any recommendations. I don't know if he's been back there in awhile or not but I bet he's still got some contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
            I know a couple of people who spent time at Tiger and they spoke very highly of the experience.
            Yeah that's the thing, some people say they loved Tiger and would recommend it, others say it's crap.

Comment

Anyone have experience with Bangkok Fight Lab?

http://bangkokfightlab.com/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X