Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange County Schools maybe Corona

Hello,

I checked out the previous threads on good Orange County schools. The newest post seemed to be about 8 years old. I figure a lot can change in that time. So, I was wondering if there was any new information out there. I'm in East Anaheim so Corona is easier to get to than Irvine during the day. If I was a single guy I would mind driving hours every day, but real life commitments to family means closer to home is better.

I'm going to check out a couple from the previous thread

Stand up + ground is my desire. I'm a beginner and I'm looking for conditioning and coordination.

I saw the Tim Cartmell school has morphed into Ace Jiu Jitsu http://www.acejiujitsu.com/ in Fountain Valley. There are a couple of others I'm going to check out on my own but there's no substitute for a personal recommendation.

Thank you in advance!

OC and Corona Thread

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Hello, Broomie, and welcome to Bullshido.

I've moved your introductory post to a more appropriate forum.
    Hey, Submessenger

I can't send a pm yet, so I couldn't directly respond to your "new thread" message. Sorry I missed the newbietown posting limit if its in the rules.

If you can easily move the thread to a new forum, I suppose its more likely to reach a wider audience. So, that's my preference.

Thanks again for your time and patience.

-Broomie

Comment

Hey I just discovered the Erik Paulson CSW gym. It's 20 minutes gown the road from me. I'm going to check it out Monday or tuesday. If anyone has any knowledge about it I'd like to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Broomie View Post
        Hello,

I checked out the previous threads on good Orange County schools. The newest post seemed to be about 8 years old. I figure a lot can change in that time. So, I was wondering if there was any new information out there. I'm in East Anaheim so Corona is easier to get to than Irvine during the day. If I was a single guy I would mind driving hours every day, but real life commitments to family means closer to home is better.

I'm going to check out a couple from the previous thread

Stand up + ground is my desire. I'm a beginner and I'm looking for conditioning and coordination.

I saw the Tim Cartmell school has morphed into Ace Jiu Jitsu http://www.acejiujitsu.com/ in Fountain Valley. There are a couple of others I'm going to check out on my own but there's no substitute for a personal recommendation.

Thank you in advance!
        Let me know where you end up going, I live in fountain valley and looking for something new myself so...

Comment

You might want to PM Omega, while he is out of Santa Barbra he knows a lot of people all over southern CA.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. For now, I'm signed up at Erik Paulson's gym in fullerton. for my week trial. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'll probably start next week.
            I got a peek at the pro training in the AM (pros in AM, regular folks in PM) and had a nice conversation with Erik's wife, the savate trainer, (Mark I think), and Dante the manager. Nice clean gym with decent facilities and friendly vibe.
            Looking forward to "Muy Thai fundamentals ".

Comment

I'm jealous.
              Erik Paulson and his crew have a lot to offer anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                I'm jealous.
                Erik Paulson and his crew have a lot to offer anyone.
                Well, my wife and I like to entertain company. Why don't you schedule a visit to the left coast and we'll go visit the CSW crew?
                I'm good cook, too. what do you like to eat?

Comment

ughhh

Thanks for all the feedback. For now, I'm signed up at Erik Paulson's gym in fullerton. for my week trial. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'll probably start next week.
                  I got a peek at the pro training in the AM (pros in AM, regular folks in PM) and had a nice conversation with Erik's wife, the savate trainer, (Mark I think), and Dante the manager. Nice clean gym with decent facilities and friendly vibe.
                  Looking forward to "Muy Thai fundamentals ".

Naw fullerton is too far for me, I won't even go train in my old dojo in orange...rush hour traffic kills...you ever drove on the 405? Second worse friday in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by gileanofgrey View Post
                    Naw fullerton is too far for me, I won't even go train in my old dojo in orange...rush hour traffic kills...you ever drove on the 405? Second worse friday in the country.
                    I hear you. My wife and I refer to that triangle of the 22 and 405 down in fountain valley and Huntington as the black hole. It takes forever to get in or out. Its the same all over. Its difficult getting anywhere after work.

Where did you go in Orange? I used to live by the Circle.

Comment

I hear you. My wife and I refer to that triangle of the 22 and 405 down in fountain valley and Huntington as the black hole. It takes forever to get in or out. Its the same all over. Its difficult getting anywhere after work.

Where did you go in Orange? I used to live by the Circle.
                      My sensei moved from his dojo in long beach "kick blast" which taught MMA to some little obscure thing in Orange. I haven't gone due to lack of time and right now im doing more body building and cardio. Im trying to get rid of the fat... im a fairly strong guy. I can squat 325, deadlift about 250 and bench 215 but I should be able to do better.... and unfortunately if I am to do "martial arts" i need something closer. I hate not training it kills my soul but... right now my health is more important.

Comment

I didn't realize Paulson taught there. There used to be a guy who drove from Orange County to train kung fu at the place where I did in San Diego. I couldn't believe he drove that far for that.

Comment

Well, my wife and I like to entertain company. Why don't you schedule a visit to the left coast and we'll go visit the CSW crew?
                          I'm good cook, too. what do you like to eat?
                          Well that is very nice of you.

If I am lucky enough to be able to make a visit,

I'll gladly eat whatever my gracious host is serving.

If anybody is ever in Sarasota, Florida and needs a place to train, please let me know.

Comment

Oh yeah, I shook his hand. But he was busy coaching so I didn't talk to him.

Comment

I finally made class at CSW Fullerton! Very cool. On Tuesdays and Thursdays evening they have Muay Thai basics and CSW basics back to back. The coaches I met were very professional yet approachable. Good place to feel humble in.

Now I'm wondering: how long do I need to go before I can put Muay Thai as my style?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X