Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally found teh r34l Kung Fu

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I finally found teh r34l Kung Fu

    http://www.mma.tv/tma/cma/real-kung-...recorded-1954/

    And it's every bit as bad as I expected. Fight starts round about the 4:50 mark.

    #2
    to be honest some of those hits do seem to phase them

    then again the lack of guard by either of them and the offputting sfx is just funny

    Comment


      #3
      The fight can't possibly be worse than the fact that the video producer used a foley artist to make the hits sound "real".
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by submessenger View Post
        The fight can't possibly be worse than the fact that the video producer used a foley artist to make the hits sound "real".
        Can't it?

        Comment


          #5
          They should've both realized they were full of shit ahead of time and tried to make a convincing pro-wrestling style work of the whole thing.

          Comment


            #6
            I only watched part of it but did either of them through a single body shot? Looked like they were only throwing head shots and still just about everything landed.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
              Can't it?
              It's funny that out of all the fucked up shit I say this is what gets down voted.

              Comment


                #8
                alllrighty...

                This video leaves me scratching my head more than anything.
                Considering this was made in Maoist China, I can't help but wonder if these guys were given so many kooky instructions they were afraid to do anything considered "counterrevolutionary". Also, after WWII, the Korean Conflict and the ousting of Chiang Kai Shek this is the best fighting example the police could locate for training?
                And if this was their A game. I wonder what their classes looked like.
                Like KimJonghng said, the lack of guard is weird. Putting your hand up to protect your face is a natural instinct. No guard at all would seem to me to take a lot of mental effort.
                I did enjoy the chasing hammer fists, though. And they seem scrappy. :P

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                  I only watched part of it but did either of them through a single body shot? Looked like they were only throwing head shots and still just about everything landed.
                  T3h r34l kung foo looks like Chuck Wepner vs Chuck Wepner. [dealwithit.img]

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Broomie View Post
                    This video leaves me scratching my head more than anything.
                    Why it looks exactly like the shitty kung fu that exists today. Identical.

                    Considering this was made in Maoist China, I can't help but wonder if these guys were given so many kooky instructions they were afraid to do anything considered "counterrevolutionary".
                    What exactly do you think it should and did look like?

                    Also, after WWII, the Korean Conflict and the ousting of Chiang Kai Shek this is the best fighting example the police could locate for training?
                    Ninja's here in America claim to train Seals and Rangers
                    And if this was their A game. I wonder what their classes looked like.
                    I am guessing a bunch of kata and compliant drills. Definitely no focus on actually striking people. You can see their uncomfortably and awkwardness when they actually hit and get hit. That was pretty new to them.
                    Like KimJonghng said, the lack of guard is weird. Putting your hand up to protect your face is a natural instinct. No guard at all would seem to me to take a lot of mental effort.
                    You will fight the way you train.
                    I did enjoy the chasing hammer fists, though. And they seem scrappy. :P
                    Windmilling noobs with their honor on the line...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                      Windmilling noobs with their honor on the line...
                      That's pretty much it. Two well-known figures, very much concerned about losing face, having no idea how to actually fight. I've seen this clip discussed so many times, and the people who defend the craptacular technique usually have to resort to seeing some ephemeral quality to it that the rest of us just aren't advanced enough to notice.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Chili Pepper View Post
                        That's pretty much it. Two well-known figures, very much concerned about losing face, having no idea how to actually fight. I've seen this clip discussed so many times, and the people who defend the craptacular technique usually have to resort to seeing some ephemeral quality to it that the rest of us just aren't advanced enough to notice.
                        See any discussion of a video featuring grand ninjer poobah Hatsumi for the exact same nonsense...

                        If only us n00bs could see the subtlety of the movement, the way he lifts his left pinky toe while bending his right knee, we would understand the true awesomeness of the fighting skill we are witnessing!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                          See any discussion of a video featuring grand ninjer poobah Hatsumi for the exact same nonsense...

                          If only us n00bs could see the subtlety of the movement, the way he lifts his left pinky toe while bending his right knee, we would understand the true awesomeness of the fighting skill we are witnessing!
                          Well to be fair ... the problem isn't in the detailing. It is how incredibly not correct the assumptions they make are.
                          There is finesse in striking. You can clearly see this in boxing, kick boxing, muay thai, some karate, and other combat sports. You can see the technique and methodology clearly... unfortunately they are all pretty similar, technically. The detailing transfers pretty well rule set to rule set and style to style.

                          It never looks like windmilling noobs who are surprised and shocked at a bloody nose. It also never looks like nimpotaijitsuwhatthefuckeverStevenHayesHatsumitabb iwearingdiverollingfingercontortingnonsense.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post


                            What exactly do you think it should and did look like?

                            I was expecting a farce, considering the thread, but I didn't have a notion of how it should look. It is, what it is.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                              Well to be fair ... the problem isn't in the detailing. It is how incredibly not correct the assumptions they make are.
                              There is finesse in striking. You can clearly see this in boxing, kick boxing, muay thai, some karate, and other combat sports. You can see the technique and methodology clearly... unfortunately they are all pretty similar, technically. The detailing transfers pretty well rule set to rule set and style to style.

                              It never looks like windmilling noobs who are surprised and shocked at a bloody nose. It also never looks like nimpotaijitsuwhatthefuckeverStevenHayesHatsumitabb iwearingdiverollingfingercontortingnonsense.
                              Yeah that's kind of what I mean. It's the old 'it might not look like fighting to you, but if you knew the details you would see its soooooo much better than that MMA crap that ONLY works in a cage.'

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X