'Combat orientated art' Ji Ji Shu 'New Style Kung Fu'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Combat orientated art' Ji Ji Shu 'New Style Kung Fu'

found this recently when looking in schools in china out of curiosity and found this place called 'the kung fu camp'

The description of the art is as follows:

The theory of Ji Ji Shu is from ancient arts of war with the practice of over several generations. Ji Ji Shu became a complete Kung Fu form including theory, practice, training, and application. It has a unique way of training to maximize people's instincts, heighten their capacity to be successful in combat

When training Ji Ji Shu one of the first steps is to create an awareness in combat and to build confidence. The next step is to improve your physical fitness and be able to focus on being successful in combat.

There is no certain routine in Ji Ji Shu. The core of Ji Ji Shu is practice and application.

The main purpose of Ji Ji Shu is to use all kinds of ways to beat your competitor, and to become the winner. This makes Ji Ji Shu an extremely combat orientated Kung Fu Style.

And then there's the video (sparring begins at 1:16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haOjVoh4PBs

I cant decide if Im curious about this 'extremely combat orientated' style or if its the same 'combat orientated stuff I hear throw about every chinese martial art. The stance reminds me of the Bujinkan in all the bad ways. I cant find anything written about the style either, which concerns me more that it might be total BS

Doesn't really look so new. Forms with old Chinese weapons, physical skills, and weird low stance arm swinging. All stuff common to various kung fu styles. The push ups demo was kinda cool, and the trident play was interesting (although I'm not sure what the combat utility is of rolling a trident around your body). The trident part reminded me very much of the dragon staff, a fire spinning toy with a number of wicks on each end:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e03Rr6wHgE4

(obviously not combat oriented though)

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post

That's pretty terrible.

This is also kung fu sparring, see if you notice any differences.

"Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
      DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
      Originally posted by Devil
      Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
      Originally posted by Plasma
      At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
      Originally posted by SoulMechanic
      Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
        found this recently when looking in schools in china out of curiosity and found this place called 'the kung fu camp'

The description of the art is as follows:

The theory of Ji Ji Shu is from ancient arts of war with the practice of over several generations. Ji Ji Shu became a complete Kung Fu form including theory, practice, training, and application. It has a unique way of training to maximize people's instincts, heighten their capacity to be successful in combat

When training Ji Ji Shu one of the first steps is to create an awareness in combat and to build confidence. The next step is to improve your physical fitness and be able to focus on being successful in combat.

There is no certain routine in Ji Ji Shu. The core of Ji Ji Shu is practice and application.

The main purpose of Ji Ji Shu is to use all kinds of ways to beat your competitor, and to become the winner. This makes Ji Ji Shu an extremely combat orientated Kung Fu Style.

I cant decide if Im curious about this 'extremely combat orientated' style or if its the same 'combat orientated stuff I hear throw about every chinese martial art. The stance reminds me of the Bujinkan in all the bad ways. I cant find anything written about the style either, which concerns me more that it might be total BS
        That "sparring" was terrible, unrealistic, more like bad dancing.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
          That's pretty terrible.

This is also kung fu sparring, see if you notice any differences.

This shits worse than me with the damn punch bag... This is like beginners sparring...
          "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
            This shits worse than me with the damn punch bag... This is like beginners sparring...
            False.

Comment

That bad?
              "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

That bad?
                Its kinda apples and oranges; its a mistake to think that a guy that can wail on the bag in a technically precise way (which you weren't) will necessarily do the same to an opponent. I thought that was a pretty good sparring vid as far as kung fu goes, and I think a lot of kung fu folks who think they're better than that are kidding themselves. Plus I didn't see any slow motion spinning backfists ;)

After you get hit a good number of times, you kinda revert to your worst habits. Consider the worst moments of your bagwork vid and imagine them against these opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                  Its kinda apples and oranges; its a mistake to think that a guy that can wail on the bag in a technically precise way (which you weren't) will do the same to an opponent. I thought that was a pretty good sparring vid as far as kung fu goes, and I think a lot of kung fu folks who think they're better than that are kidding themselves. Plus I didn't see any slow motion spinning backfists ;)
                  That's a fair assessment. You haven't really seen me spar in order to get a correct judge of skill and I don't think it would be very easy to get footage of such a thing at the moment... It would be a little bit of a bizzare request for the moment. Specially with this being my second proper week at the gym. I'd say I'm better in sparring than I am against a bag but it's not something I can really prove at the moment, that and I'm going by my own pov... Sure if I actually did see a recording it'd probably look like a slug on acid.

Maybe this is good Kung Fu sparring... My only really exposure to Kung Fu outside of Wing Chun was Lao Goa and it was pretty terrible. Still, there's a lot of wile hooks just thrown around here... That said, it looks pretty alive all things considered.

Plus I didn't see any slow motion spinning backfists ;)
                  Oh haaardy, haaardy haaaar...

Comment

I'd say I'm better in sparring than I am against a bag
                    Most people are better against the armless opponent that doesn't move.

Comment

Not necessarily. That is apples and oranges, I may be fat and have shitty punching technique but as it's been established by a great many here, fighting a bag and fighting an attacking opponent is a completely different matter. The bag doesn't hit back, I can't lead it, I can't fakey it and I can't counter it... The bags not going to make mistakes I can capitolise on, it's not going to bend under pressure. It's just going to sit there and take sloppy shots because it's a static bag. I've seen plenty of people with really good punchy/kicky technique that have been pretty damn terrible when it comes to sparring. Even if my technique is sloppy, getting punched in the face is still going to hurt.

Comment

Not necessarily. That is apples and oranges, I may be fat and have shitty punching technique but as it's been established by a great many here, fighting a bag and fighting an attacking opponent is a completely different matter. The bag doesn't hit back, I can't lead it, I can't fakey it and I can't counter it... The bags not going to make mistakes I can capitolise on, it's not going to bend under pressure. It's just going to sit there and take sloppy shots because it's a static bag. I've seen plenty of people with really good punchy/kicky technique that have been pretty damn terrible when it comes to sparring. Even if my technique is sloppy, getting punched in the face is still going to hurt.
                        Oh yes, I can just picture you doing all of those things...

Well, not really.
                        Go run fatass.
                        As it stands you'd gas out before being able to capitalize on anything.

Comment

Even if my technique is sloppy, getting punched in the face is still going to hurt.
                          It should generate enough force to make someone that can fight want to hurt you.
                          The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

What about one with arms that moves !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	inflatable-characters.jpg
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	4329935

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                              Oh yes, I can just picture you doing all of those things...

Well, not really.
                              Go run fatass.
                              As it stands you'd gas out before being able to capitalize on anything.
                              I managed to do a decent job yesterday during sparring. I'm still a beginner I'm not going to be seen as anything close to your level but I don't think I'm doing too bad for a beginner. I'm not saying I'm at fighting level or anything close but I can still manage to hold my own even if I am a little podgy. Which I am working on.

However regardless the point still stands. You guys all had a go at me in the other thread and it boiled down to "Bag work isn't anything more than a good cardio work out" or "Hitting a bag and hitting a person is apples and oranges".

The moment I put that I'm somehow wrong?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X